blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:09:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Manchester: Day 1A
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Manchester: Day 1A  (Read 60514 times)
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 24, 2009, 11:51:06 AM »

Great update avillan sounds likes your playing well keep it up and gl on saturday!!
moose4life
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 24, 2009, 06:24:44 PM »

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKY
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 24, 2009, 08:25:04 PM »

Steve would you mind if i asked you about your thought process during some of these hands? Will obv wait till after you have finished with the tournament.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
avillan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: April 24, 2009, 10:00:22 PM »

Steve would you mind if i asked you about your thought process during some of these hands? Will obv wait till after you have finished with the tournament.

No problems mate.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 28, 2009, 04:29:42 AM »

No problems mate.

Cheers:

Raise from the seat 4 half way through level 5 to 1200, blinds at 150/300 I'm on the bb with KQ so I flat call, flop comes 5K9 rainbow, I lead out for 1600 and he shoves all-in for another 4500, I call and he flips over 9 10 turn and river are bricks and I'm up to 23k.

How come you decided to lead here? Given that most people would check this kind of flop,

Couple of orbits later I raise the cut off to 1200 with pocket jacks, bb r/r me to 3500 so I flat call giving myself a chance to get away, T72 flop and he leads out for 1600, I r/r to 4200 and he re pops me all in for another 4500, I call, then he slow rolls me with pocket aces waiting for me to turn my jacks??? any way, no help and I'm down to 10800.

OK this confused me, from that i figure its 200-400 and you raise in LP with JJ into a guy with just over 30BB obviously this is a good spot but then you seem to think he has a better hand? What really confused me was that you said you called so you could 'get away' but then still stacked off, would love to know what your thinking is through this whole hand.

Very next hand raise from seat 5 to 1025 so I repop to 3100 with AdKd, folds round to i/r who flat calls me, T42r flop and i/r checks to me so I bet out 4k here, he asks "how much more you playing" I show him my remaining 3700 and he goes over the top of me, I fold and now I'm steaming.

As far as i can guess here there is 18k in the middle and you folded for 3700? Did you put him on a set or something?

Blinds at 200/400 folds to Dave Colclough who raises to 1200, folds to me on the bb and I find AsQs so I decide to flat call, flop comes AdQh9c, I lead out for 1200 and DC r/r me to 3600, I then r/r him back another 3500 to which he pushes all in and it's another 4800 for me to call, I make the call and DC flips Ah9h, Turn comes the giving Dave a nut flush draw although the river bricks out for him and I'm now up to 31,000

Again i see you lead into the PFR, is that something you like doing? Also your 3bet size, why so small?

Very first hand of the six, blinds at 500/1000/75ra I am utg and I find KcKs in the hole so I raise it up to 3500 (we are 7 handed), folds to the sb Mohammad, I'm not really certain whats going on here as I'm not really observing and I got Pink Floyd giving me "wish you were here" on the ipod, I look at the dealer and he is pointing at the small blind, I take my earphones out and the dealer tells me that the sb has gone all-in, although he hasnt pushed any chips over the line, (bugger me I think- that's some stack) I ask for a count and at the same time I count my stack - it's another 31,500 to call and I've got around 8,500 left if I lose the call, I call and he flips pocket tens

How come you make it 3.5x this deep with a premium when earlier you were 3x raising? Especially as BB-Stack ratio is much lower. Also how much would he have needed to have to make you fold?

Cheers, always good to get insight of non-internet players.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
avillan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: April 29, 2009, 07:07:47 AM »

No problems mate.

Cheers:

Raise from the seat 4 half way through level 5 to 1200, blinds at 150/300 I'm on the bb with KQ so I flat call, flop comes 5K9 rainbow, I lead out for 1600 and he shoves all-in for another 4500, I call and he flips over 9 10 turn and river are bricks and I'm up to 23k.

How come you decided to lead here? Given that most people would check this kind of flop,
I/r was relatively short stacked here therefore I felt my hand was good enough to lead here without the need to give him a free card

Couple of orbits later I raise the cut off to 1200 with pocket jacks, bb r/r me to 3500 so I flat call giving myself a chance to get away, T72 flop and he leads out for 1600, I r/r to 4200 and he re pops me all in for another 4500, I call, then he slow rolls me with pocket aces waiting for me to turn my jacks??? any way, no help and I'm down to 10800.

OK this confused me, from that i figure its 200-400 and you raise in LP with JJ into a guy with just over 30BB obviously this is a good spot but then you seem to think he has a better hand? What really confused me was that you said you called so you could 'get away' but then still stacked off, would love to know what your thinking is through this whole hand.

I called the r/r to 3500 so I could get away from the flop if over paint landed, wasn't putting oppo on a made hand here but more on a AK, AQ, KQ range, on the flop after he's r/r me it's 4.5k to call into a 20k pot so very little fold equity given I've got the overpair - I imagine the hand pans out the same if he's holding A/T.

Very next hand raise from seat 5 to 1025 so I repop to 3100 with AdKd, folds round to i/r who flat calls me, T42r flop and i/r checks to me so I bet out 4k here, he asks "how much more you playing" I show him my remaining 3700 and he goes over the top of me, I fold and now I'm steaming.

As far as i can guess here there is 18k in the middle and you folded for 3700? Did you put him on a set or something?

Again, very little fold equity here as you point out, but what am I beating - a bluff may be, the guy's been pretty solid all night and he's r/r pre with somthing, r/r with air isnt in he's range i believe so I'm putting him on a pair, blinds at 200/400 so I've still got 9xbb and at least one orbit to attack the weak players - and I'm still alive more importantly.

Blinds at 200/400 folds to Dave Colclough who raises to 1200, folds to me on the bb and I find AsQs so I decide to flat call, flop comes AdQh9c, I lead out for 1200 and DC r/r me to 3600, I then r/r him back another 3500 to which he pushes all in and it's another 4800 for me to call, I make the call and DC flips Ah9h, Turn comes the giving Dave a nut flush draw although the river bricks out for him and I'm now up to 31,000

Again i see you lead into the PFR, is that something you like doing? Also your 3bet size, why so small?

Not something that I tend to do, no - it allways depends on circumstances, Dave had been pretty tight for some time after taking a beat with AQvAT (I think) so he was obviously looking for a good spot to get it in, I wasn't to sure if Dave was holding a pp here or a big ace, I considered r/r pre but decided against it in-case he repopped me with AK, AA, KK - flop comes and I eliminate AA or QQ from his starting possibilities, I  now put him on AK . i lead out on the flop cause I thought that if Dave was holding AK he would view me leading out as a blocker with KJ or TJ and would r/r me. The size of the 3rd bet on the flop was big enough to establish 1) that I wasn't going to fold to a 4bet. 2) If he flat calls here, he knows that I have to push on the turn regardless of what lands on the felt

Very first hand of the six, blinds at 500/1000/75ra I am utg and I find KcKs in the hole so I raise it up to 3500 (we are 7 handed), folds to the sb Mohammad, I'm not really certain whats going on here as I'm not really observing and I got Pink Floyd giving me "wish you were here" on the ipod, I look at the dealer and he is pointing at the small blind, I take my earphones out and the dealer tells me that the sb has gone all-in, although he hasn't pushed any chips over the line, (bugger me I think- that's some stack) I ask for a count and at the same time I count my stack - it's another 31,500 to call and I've got around 8,500 left if I lose the call, I call and he flips pocket tens

How come you make it 3.5x this deep with a premium when earlier you were 3x raising? Especially as BB-Stack ratio is much lower. Also how much would he have needed to have to make you fold?

I think 3.5 was enough here given 1) we were 7 handed. 2) we were very deep into day 1 and most preflop raises of 3 / 3.5 were getting through as there were no short stacks at the table and no one wanted to get tangled up that late at night. Micky wernick on the BB had me covered at this point and I wasn't certain how many the SB had as he had just lost a pot to Micky for 30k-ish. I don't think it was "how much would he have needed to have to make you fold?" but more to the "what hand am I putting him on here" AA was ruled out instantly and I just needed to eliminate a rag ace from the equation, if I put him on AK or even A2 here I fold.

Cheers, always good to get insight of non-internet players.

Hi James,

Hope this gives you some insight.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: April 29, 2009, 10:48:05 AM »

Interesting...Quick question;

Am I reading this one wrong?;

Very first hand of the six, blinds at 500/1000/75ra I am utg and I find KcKs in the hole so I raise it up to 3500 (we are 7 handed), folds to the sb Mohammad, I'm not really certain whats going on here as I'm not really observing and I got Pink Floyd giving me "wish you were here" on the ipod, I look at the dealer and he is pointing at the small blind, I take my earphones out and the dealer tells me that the sb has gone all-in, although he hasn't pushed any chips over the line, (bugger me I think- that's some stack) I ask for a count and at the same time I count my stack - it's another 31,500 to call and I've got around 8,500 left if I lose the call, I call and he flips pocket tens

Flushy asked;

I think 3.5 was enough here given 1) we were 7 handed. 2) we were very deep into day 1 and most preflop raises of 3 / 3.5 were getting through as there were no short stacks at the table and no one wanted to get tangled up that late at night. Micky wernick on the BB had me covered at this point and I wasn't certain how many the SB had as he had just lost a pot to Micky for 30k-ish. I don't think it was "how much would he have needed to have to make you fold?" but more to the "what hand am I putting him on here" AA was ruled out instantly and I just needed to eliminate a rag ace from the equation, if I put him on AK or even A2 here I fold.

You have KK and are raising to 3.5BBs as "most pre-flop raises of 3/ 3.5 have been getting through" and "If you put him on AK or even A2 here I fold".

1; why would you not want action with your KK?
2; Surely if you think he has AK or Any other hand that is not AA you would snap call here?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
avillan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: April 29, 2009, 02:14:17 PM »

Interesting...Quick question;

Am I reading this one wrong?;

Flushy asked;

You have KK and are raising to 3.5BBs as "most pre-flop raises of 3/ 3.5 have been getting through" and "If you put him on AK or even A2 here I fold".

1; why would you not want action with your KK?
2; Surely if you think he has AK or Any other hand that is not AA you would snap call here?

Hi mate,
I did want action if I'm ahead and I'll take my chance's if he's got pocket tens, jacks or queens - even though a massive favourite if he's got AK or A-rag in that situation at that time I would have laid it down, call it intuition or you just know when your running bad, I knew the ace was coming.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 02:16:02 PM by avillan » Logged

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 29, 2009, 02:20:00 PM »

Call it intuition or you just know when your running bad, I knew the ace was coming.

If a newbie/beginner posts that they get slated for having clouded judgement...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 29, 2009, 02:53:14 PM »

even though a massive favourite if he's got AK or A-rag in that situation at that time I would have laid it down, call it intuition or you just know when your running bad, I knew the ace was coming.[/color]

wow
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 29, 2009, 02:56:51 PM »

LOL

avillan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: April 29, 2009, 03:08:49 PM »

I cant believe the negativity in some of the responces - perhaps this explains why you hear so many people at comps moaning, "that tosser had AJ - and you guessed it, the ace always comes" or "How can I lay down kings there - I know he's got ace fooking rag".

So, reverse the situation and say the sb has AK or ace/rag and I call effectively for my tournament and the ace comes down on the board, I was only in for 3500 and could quite easily have passed, I would have been the donk there - as well as being unlucky.

We should remember that we were playing for a first prize of just under £90k - I think if it had been a £50 freezeout with a £5k first prize then my reasoning may have differed here.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 29, 2009, 03:21:51 PM »

I cant believe the negativity in some of the responces - perhaps this explains why you hear so many people at comps moaning, "that tosser had AJ - and you guessed it, the ace always comes" or "How can I lay down kings there - I know he's got ace fooking rag".

So, reverse the situation and say the sb has AK or ace/rag and I call effectively for my tournament and the ace comes down on the board, I was only in for 3500 and could quite easily have passed, I would have been the donk there - as well as being unlucky.

We should remember that we were playing for a first prize of just under £90k - I think if it had been a £50 freezeout with a £5k first prize then my reasoning may have differed here.

I don't think people are being negative Steve just astounded that you'd lay down Kings if you think the guy has Ace rag.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 29, 2009, 03:24:02 PM »

Hi Steve,

Apologies if I get anything wrong as I have only just skimmed back through but whether you are playing for £5,000,000 or £5 you should always try and make the most optimal decision. I know it can be difficult when the money is big but to consider laying down KK because someone has a bare ace is really bad.

Ok he might hit but we want his chips in before he misses.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 29, 2009, 03:27:56 PM »

so you take more +ev lines in a 50f than a 1000f?

i think im the complete opposite.

do u srsly muck the KK if the guy accidently flips up A2o after shoving?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 03:33:40 PM by LeKnave » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: