blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:37:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272599 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  blonde bash 8: Acceptances thread
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde bash 8: Acceptances thread  (Read 139887 times)
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: September 10, 2009, 08:26:09 PM »

We all cry out for bashes and ask of them to be more frequent,but unfortunately they do cost, and take a lot of time and effort to organise. Venues are not easy to come by that are willing to get the additional staff required to deal, serve drinks etc..So at a guess I would imagine to be the organiser must be a great pressure. Yes we will have a ball we always do.

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 10, 2009, 08:26:45 PM »

And here I go with me own tuppence worth.  Don't know if anyone else has noticed it, but seems to me there's been a nice kind of buzz around the forum for the past few days.  The 100 or so who ARE going are really looking forward to it.  Yes it's a shame that some can't make it.  There's a good few who will be missed and I'm sorry I won't get a chance to catch up proper with them.  BUT - that's not to say we won't have a GREAT time!  

I'm just not sure now is the time to be moaning about who isn't going, when so many have made the effort TO go.  We can harp on the negatives (if there are any - and there haven't been at any other bash I've been to) when we get back...if needed.  No?    

Tighty worked his tail off to organise this and I'm sure there will be plenty of bash 'old-timers' who know the routine and will help throughout the week-end if needed.  Don't sweat it Tighty...you'll have all the help you need.  And thanks for all the work you've put in too Mr. Man!  

+1

Fck all the no shows we will still have a cracking time!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 10, 2009, 08:28:12 PM »

Also, every previous blonde bash has been announced 6-8 weeks (at the most) before the event itself. This one was announced over 4 months beforehand and I can't help but wonder if this has had an adverse effect on the number of people who have pulled out.

This could be true.

To repeat a point made at the time, this was the only free weekend (ignoring August when people are away) in June-December without a festival event, an APAT etc etc

Hence needed to get in early.

When we started the bashes the GUKPT didn't exist, neither did the Gala tour, or APAT, or Sky Poker tour, or Virgin or PKR. A lot less crowded schedule meant much shorter lead times were possible

Also the bash was more of an attraction, these days with money tight its not so easy to come to a bash. One person said to me "I've had the APAT and the Ladies Tour event in the last month, I couldn't do the bash too"

What could be learned from is to organise it early but market it late.....   

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 10, 2009, 08:29:40 PM »

future bashes might be modless
they might be fun for everyone else but at times they are murder to run and cost us personally an arm and a leg
with flights and hotels the cost of food and taxis then the comps i dont get much change out of £800
then with only 2 mods present then it will be upto tighty and myself to do the lionshare of the workload
so thats £800 spent without the benifits of having a great time

everyone wanted a bB and wanted it in england so they all could come i imagine that the lionshare of those turning up will be within a couple hours drive to leeds i could of held a bash in Aberdeen filled it will locals gotten the very obliging staff to do all the work for me and saved myself £500 notes

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 10, 2009, 08:30:52 PM »

they might be fun for everyone else but at times they are murder to run and cost us personally an arm and a leg
with flights and hotels the cost of food and taxis then the comps i dont get much change out of £800
then with only 2 mods present then it will be upto tighty and myself to do the lionshare of the workload

everyone wanted a bB and wanted it in england so they all could come i imagine that the lionshare of those turning up will be within a couple hours drive to leeds i could of held a bash in Aberdeen filled it will locals gotten the very obliging staff to do all the work for me and saved myself £500 notes

shhh. If we organise some floozie to sit on your chair, with you in it, will you be satisfied?

My eyes are open wide
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 10, 2009, 08:32:53 PM »

hey fck the no shows i will have a great time
even if i am sat on my own in a lapdancing club

i am a little grumpy as when i get back from the bash i am going to have to
spend 6 weeks + on bed rest i should be on it now but i told them to fck off till after the bash

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 10, 2009, 08:33:31 PM »

spend 6 weeks + on bed rest i should be on it now but i told them to fck off till after the bash

could be worse, you might be in the lapdancing club with Laxie.

My eyes are open wide
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 10, 2009, 08:33:46 PM »

shhh. If we organise some floozie to sit on your chair, with you in it, will you be satisfied?

this. you've got no work to worry about tomorrow, so let your hair down then. And as Dawn said, there will be loads of us willing to chip in and help out with the work, I'm sure we're not the only ones who have already made an open offer.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 10, 2009, 08:34:08 PM »

could be worse, you might be in the lapdancing club with Laxie.

You can be sure of that!!!!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 10, 2009, 08:34:31 PM »

but i told them to fck off till after the bash

good man!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 10, 2009, 08:38:13 PM »

but i told them to fck off till after the bash

good man!

you think i would let something small like my health getting in the way of a bash

i would be there even if i kicked the bucket yesterday

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 10, 2009, 08:39:32 PM »

oh btw first round is on evilpie

fck it i'll try and swing it so every round is on him

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 10, 2009, 08:42:32 PM »

To repeat a point made at the time, this was the only free weekend (ignoring August when people are away) in June-December without a festival event, an APAT etc etc  

does that matter much? I've just had a quick look down the list of who's coming and I'm struggling to find a single circuit regular. there are quite a few who play occasional events but noone who's likely to be bothered at missing one. you could've held this on a gukpt weekend and still had pretty much the same group attending

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 10, 2009, 08:43:35 PM »

That's the spirit!!!  

99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beeeeeeeeeeer...take one down and pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the walllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

*Hic

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 10, 2009, 08:43:44 PM »

Hope he wears his white tshirt, very becoming. Still have the memory picture in my mind of Blackpool...made an old woman very happy.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: