blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:54:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  Hotels suggested by Alea Leeds
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hotels suggested by Alea Leeds  (Read 12997 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 07:05:51 PM »

For the high-rollers Malmaison suites from £270 per night

160 a night actually.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 08:04:22 PM »

160 a night actually.
Balla suites a bit more Smiley

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 08:59:21 PM »

160 a night actually.
Balla suites a bit more Smiley

Sad

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 06:58:02 AM »

www.laterooms.com ftw!

Leeds Armouries HI Express, Fri/Sat night for total of £87. Non refundable, breakfast inc.
If you want Sunday night as well, they do the 3 nights for £119.
great spot

i am in 3 nights £119

booked -- there goes the neighbourhood

Booked too. Forced me to stay 3 nights now too. What a shame!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 05:40:57 PM »

www.laterooms.com ftw!

Leeds Armouries HI Express, Fri/Sat night for total of £87. Non refundable, breakfast inc.
great spot

i am in 3 nights £119

Booked and so are the flights.  No turning back now.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 05:41:37 PM »

www.laterooms.com ftw!

great spot

i am in 3 nights £119

There goes the neighbourhood.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
FuglyBaz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 09:59:34 AM »

www.laterooms.com ftw!

great spot

i am in 3 nights £119

Flying from Londonderry airport?
stallyon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 11:30:50 PM »

anyone in the BrookField Hotel ? i hear its not far from the venue...

Click to see full-size image.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 11:37:39 PM »

anyone in the BrookField Hotel ? i hear its not far from the venue...

lolol

you've gone and booked the worst hotel in the whoe city again haven't you?

I'm off to read the reviews now, am expecting vomit soaked beds and no toilet

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2009, 11:43:10 PM »

this is in the brookfield hotel section but they call it the moorlea so you might be lucky and they've just put it in the wrong section

I write this review as a warning to those who would stay at this nightmare hotel. I recently stayed at the Moorlea with my mother before an interview at the University of Leeds and was greeted by a disgusting and dirty place as ever was seen which looked as though it might be featured on A lif of Grime. Upon arrival I noticed that the pictures of the hotel on the internet gave it a clean and fresh facade (which had obviously been photoshopped). The gateposts had peeling paint and the garden was a jumble of overgrown weeds and dead plants. To say that it looked like the cat woman's house is no gross over exaggeration. As soon as we set foot through the door it was if we were visiting the set of Rising Damp. The smell that greeted us was of damp, smoke and stale beer. The hallways were dusty and musty and the room we had was even more unbareable. The carpets were dusty and old and the decor would even have give Lawrence Lewellen Bowen nightmares. There was one particularly sinister looking toby jug that had to be locked in the cupboard all night for fear of it coming to life and eating me. The beds were so uncomforatble that I may as well have slept on a park bench (which would have been a blessing in comparison) and the pillows were hard and lumpy. Every sheet felt dirty and there were cigarette holes in all of them. This was not the only sign of neglect, the cups that we were supposed to drink from were chipped and cracked and had a brown mess clinging to the botoom (thanks but NO THANKS). The shower was just about the worst I have ever used and I had to go in with my socks on because it was covered in brown slime and human hair. The breakfast was totally inedible and was a mish mash of what looked like dead seaslugs (which were supposed to be tomatoes) and what appeared to be beans and sloppy; runny eggs. A warning to would be Morrisons shoppers, the hazlenut yogurt and the bread was horrible, the orange juice was evidently wartered down and the jam conjealed. THIS IS A WARNING TO EVERYONE DO NOT STAY AT THE MOORLEA HOTEL unless you are prepared to go in armed with protective suit and breathing apperatus, oh and don't forget the disinfectant!

stallyon

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 08:19:29 AM »

this is in the brookfield hotel section but they call it the moorlea so you might be lucky and they've just put it in the wrong section

I write this review as a warning to those who would stay at this nightmare hotel. I recently stayed at the Moorlea with my mother before an interview at the University of Leeds and was greeted by a disgusting and dirty place as ever was seen which looked as though it might be featured on A lif of Grime. Upon arrival I noticed that the pictures of the hotel on the internet gave it a clean and fresh facade (which had obviously been photoshopped). The gateposts had peeling paint and the garden was a jumble of overgrown weeds and dead plants. To say that it looked like the cat woman's house is no gross over exaggeration. As soon as we set foot through the door it was if we were visiting the set of Rising Damp. The smell that greeted us was of damp, smoke and stale beer. The hallways were dusty and musty and the room we had was even more unbareable. The carpets were dusty and old and the decor would even have give Lawrence Lewellen Bowen nightmares. There was one particularly sinister looking toby jug that had to be locked in the cupboard all night for fear of it coming to life and eating me. The beds were so uncomforatble that I may as well have slept on a park bench (which would have been a blessing in comparison) and the pillows were hard and lumpy. Every sheet felt dirty and there were cigarette holes in all of them. This was not the only sign of neglect, the cups that we were supposed to drink from were chipped and cracked and had a brown mess clinging to the botoom (thanks but NO THANKS). The shower was just about the worst I have ever used and I had to go in with my socks on because it was covered in brown slime and human hair. The breakfast was totally inedible and was a mish mash of what looked like dead seaslugs (which were supposed to be tomatoes) and what appeared to be beans and sloppy; runny eggs. A warning to would be Morrisons shoppers, the hazlenut yogurt and the bread was horrible, the orange juice was evidently wartered down and the jam conjealed. THIS IS A WARNING TO EVERYONE DO NOT STAY AT THE MOORLEA HOTEL unless you are prepared to go in armed with protective suit and breathing apperatus, oh and don't forget the disinfectant!

woo hoo now thats what i call luxury

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 12:55:18 PM »

Gatso your so mean

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186411-d632108-Reviews-Brookfield_Hotel-Leeds_West_Yorkshire_England.html

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 01:26:31 PM »

hardly mean. stally will now be gutted. he has such a talent for picking tez hotels and takes pride in his ability. my post was congratulatory as he'd succeeded again.

he'll be devastated when he clicks on your link and finds out it's not that bad after all

stallyon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2009, 07:56:06 PM »

hardly mean. stally will now be gutted. he has such a talent for picking tez hotels and takes pride in his ability. my post was congratulatory as he'd succeeded again.

he'll be devastated when he clicks on your link and finds out it's not that bad after all

i'm not gonna look...they have enough time to get to the standard that me and my entourage expect when we go travelling

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: