blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:56:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas 2009
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas 2009  (Read 4927 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2009, 06:18:42 PM »

I don't really post much on forums which is probably reflective of my lack of progression in online poker  Smiley

A few people will know me and a lot won't so I suppose an introduction would be a good idea. I until recently was playing full time grinding it out online but found it increasingly hard due to a) my laziness b) everyone else getting good as they didn't suffer from point a lol

I've recently been diagnosed with MS and on recommendation of the doctor took a part time job to relieve myself of the stress involved with playing full time. I have to say it's the best thing I have ever done. Enough of that anyway,  this is getting a bit fking emo

Long story short I was staying at Flushy's over easter to play the Ladbroke's sponsored £500 with 5 Vegas packages added and I binked one of the packages and asked Flushy if he wanted another live horse to which he agreed. I'm going to be playing 4 comps out here for him at the Venetian and hopefully won't come back to England in makeup!!

You'll have to forgive me if the reports are a bag of shit as I have never been known for my written exploits and haven't written reports since I was in the Navy. Feel free to advise/flame accordingly

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 06:23:09 PM »

No Poker Content in this post, also I am posting this on another forum so will be writing them including some names most people here won't know as they only post on live updates etc so apologies for that .

Well I've now been here almost 2 days and all I have achieved thus far is 2 hangovers and a dent in my wallet, I suppose I should actually play some poker to try and get out of it!

I have to say that the flights over were the best I've ever had, mostly due to the fact that I flew as an assisted passenger due to having some nerve conduction issues in my leg I can't walk long distances as I will most likely trip over.

After explaining to the woman at the check in desk of my problem she said ok we will get you wheeled to the gate, do you think you will need the same the other side? 'no I'm hoping 8 hours at 30,000ft is going to cure and I will land MS free the other side

I have to say assisted flying is the way ahead, I would highly recommend cheating the system. I landed in Washington for my connection and as I approached immigration thought FML I'm going to be here hours, the queue was huge. Much to my amusement the guy wheels me straight around the queue and straight up to one of the border security guys. 2 minutes later and I'm on my way to the next departure gate!!

The next leg was just as smooth and it was quite amusing the looks I got when the guy wheels me up to the baggage collection and I get out of the chair to pick up my suitcase and stroll out of the airport to get a cab

I get to Caesars and use the old trick and slide $50 into my passport as I check in and ask the girl if there are any upgrades. She taps away and says 'I can move you into the Augustus tower on the 42nd floor overlooking the strip' . She then says as she takes my passport 'oh that's so kind of you, there was no need to do that'. I thought no but I wouldn't be on the 42nd floor in an upgraded room if I hadn't would I.

I potter up to the room and start to unpack RIV arrives with Dan79 and Billthebandit. Bill and Dan head down to the cafe whilst Riv and I get sorted. We then head down to meet them and find Banksy, Jagger, Lizard, Phinnies and his lovely wife Tracey who goes someway to balancing out the ugly mugs plotted up around the table

From there it's over to O'Sheas where Nick, Jagger and Lizard are partaking in some 1/2 and in my infinite wisdom after having not really slept for 36hours decide to start pounding Coronas and Morgans spiced and coke!

3 or 4 hours later I'm in Dennys eating some tripe of a breakfast absolutely faced and wondering how I manage to make such retarded decisions time after time!

I will do a day 2 report a bit later on but for now I'm still feeling ing sick coupled with the fact this is the longest piece of writing I have done since I left the Navy and my head is about to asplode!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 06:27:00 PM »

well done!

thanks for posting this on here, and have a great/profitable time!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 06:27:58 PM »

good couple of posts... good luck and keep us updated.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 06:32:46 PM »

good couple of posts... good luck and keep us updated.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 06:43:06 PM »

I think this is going to be an interesting read, please keep posting

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 07:27:18 PM »

Great read Mark and all the best of luck out there.

Good to see you posting

taximan

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 08:28:03 PM »

Are you the same Marky 147 who I used to play against on Laddies all those years ago

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 08:39:53 PM »

Great read Marky.

jambo22

Me and my boys in Vegas for the 2007 main event

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 09:38:51 PM »

Great read m8. GL with the poker

dousche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 09:40:05 PM »

top stuff, keep it coming! good luck and have a blast
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 09:55:22 PM »

Sigh, i wished i could write as well as you. As an ex Squaddie we were always jelous of you bright sailor boys.

Great post sir keep up the good work.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 10:39:28 PM »

Day 2

I awake at around 10am I think and am not in a great state to say the least. I mince around on my laptop for a while then jump in the shower which other than slipping up and almost breaking my neck does make me feel a bit better.

I watch Andy Murray in a great game and head over to Palms Place to meet Flushy and Dubai Ste and another guy who's name escapes me because I am not the best at remembering names. after 10minutes outside I'm glad that Flushy decides we should head for shelter as the heat at that time of day is f***ing ridic.

We both order a burger which comes with salad and a choice of cheddar or blue cheese Flushy asks for blue cheese then changes his mind to cheddar I request the burger plain with just salad, the waitress asks 'you want no cheese at all', I confirm this and we are good to go. Or so I think.

15minutes later the food arrives Flushy dives in and I look at mine and lo and behold mine is also laden with cheddar cheese, FML. I then have to watch Flushy eat his food whilst I am left with a glass of coke gg.

It gets rectified and is actually decent and whilst I am paying discuss tipping with Flushy and I would have given nada but she was quite fit so I tipped anyway. Obviously on the angle to ensure a tip even though they messed up my food she starts asking us where we are from etc. Flushy manages to convince her that Brighton is in fact the 'Vegas' of the UK
(FWIW it probably has about the same amount of money there, with Moorman, Flushy and Tony Bloom being residents)

It's then back out to the pool and Joey Love has arrived and they are putting together a plan for a night out whilst reminiscing on previous Vegas trips/nights out. No doubt Dubai has the best tales as most of mine just involve me ending up in ridiculous states and being close to requiring rehab when I got home.
(that's not a joke btw)

I head back to get changed for the Ladbrokes opening party at the Voodoo Lounge and arrange to meet up with Flushy et al at some point during the evening, which obviously doesn't happen as I flake after getting a little carried away at the free bar Ladbrokes have laid on, which probably was a good result as I have the $1k satellite for the m/e in a couple hours and I felt bad enough from 5hours drinking. another 4/5 hours with Dubai and co would have put paid to any hope I had of even making the satellite nevermind binking a seat!

The party was a good crack and I caught up with some old friends and met some new ones who I will no doubt not remember meeting when I see them again later in the trip.

As always I make another dumb decisions and intend going to meet Flushy but flake out on my bed and wake up at about 5am, which on reflection was probably for the best.

I'm going to get a shower and drag myself off to bink a satellite at the Rio.

Report to follow.......

mike saban

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 10:43:14 PM »

good luck with it, looking forward to the next report

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 10:43:34 PM »

Are you the same Marky 147 who I used to play against on Laddies all those years ago

It is mate, an older more emotionally balanced version of the same person (most of the time)

Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: