blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:12:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.  (Read 191528 times)
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2009, 06:54:22 AM »

2 weeks till the DTD main event so im gonna crack on with this hard.

Cheers

Whilst you have the goal to aim for in just two weeks if you are serious about losing the weight and want to do it without risk to your body i suggest slowly slowly catchee monkey Smiley

trying to lose a lot of weight too fast can sometimes do the body more harm than good

sponsored by Fyffes
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 09:36:05 AM »

Woke up at 8.30 this morning and dug the old running trainers out.

Set off on my 2 mile walk and had a goal of under 40 minutes in mind. I did it in 37.35 and now feel fresh for the morning.

Just had breakfast that consisted of a slimfast shake and a banana.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2009, 09:46:54 AM »

cool, nice one

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2009, 11:01:17 AM »

Some peeps keep weight loss vlogs on youtube, I think it's a great idea. Doesn't need to include your face if you don't want obv. Would be nice maybe to take a pic a day with a pic/info about how much exercise you did and what you ate, would act as a great incentive. Saw a couple with a huge number of hits. One guy fully committed to 8 month's program, developed a hugge following, then did one LOL. Came back bigger but apologetic and restarted. Maybe he was away writing quizzes or something.  Kiss

Are you Herbert?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2009, 11:35:38 AM »

Set off on my 2 mile walk and had a goal of under 40 minutes in mind. I did it in 37.35 and now feel fresh for the morning.

thumbs up

Like Matt said, small steps.  You'll take some backwards ones on the way too - but as long as you're prepared for them you'll be fine.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2009, 11:58:05 AM »

Well done mate.

Day one is always the toughest physically but easiest mentally because you're motivated.

Any days off you have will be because you can't be bothered. If you find yourself saying you've had a day off because you've hurt your ankle or you've got a bad big toe or something just ask yourself if that really is the reason.

If you need someone to moan and call you a lazy fucker again be sure to let me know.

The 2 mile walks are a great start to this and exactly what you need to be doing. They're easy but will burn calories and wake you up ready for the day. You will soon find that you have more energy later in the day so that you can maybe get in a session at the gym as well.

Don't forget to drink plenty of water. Not one big gulp, just take a bottle on your walk and have a sip every few minutes. In fact take 2 litre bottles. You won't notice the added weight of carrying them but you'll burn a few extra calories without even trying.

Good luck keeping this up.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2009, 12:02:59 PM »

thumbs up

Like Matt said, small steps.  You'll take some backwards ones on the way too - but as long as you're prepared for them you'll be fine.

Is this a blog for that marathon thingie?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2009, 02:05:35 PM »

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/web-connected_bathroom_scale_gets_set_for_launch.php

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2009, 06:30:14 PM »

Wont say il be running marathons soon but if i get back into it like i was in Oz im pretty sure i cud do a 10k later in the year.

Done well at work today as i only took a shake,banana and a snack bar with me and i went into a service station and managed not to purchase any junk!

Tea tonight will be Chicken, Veg and a Jacket Potatoe.

I have a Job interview at 11am 2moro so im gonna be up at 8am again for another walk to freshen me up for the day!

Thanks for the motivation guys!

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2009, 06:52:34 PM »

Wont say il be running marathons soon but if i get back into it like i was in Oz im pretty sure i cud do a 10k later in the year.

Done well at work today as i only took a shake,banana and a snack bar with me and i went into a service station and managed not to purchase any junk!

Tea tonight will be Chicken, Veg and a Jacket Potatoe.

I have a Job interview at 11am 2moro so im gonna be up at 8am again for another walk to freshen me up for the day!

Thanks for the motivation guys!

thumbs up

wp sir, keep it up.
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2009, 07:02:07 PM »

Very good luck with this, impressive.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2009, 09:39:34 AM »

Just got back from another 2 mile walk.

I got up at 8.30 again and looked outside and it was a bit glum but i decided a bit of rain wont hurt. Managed to shed over 2 minutes off yesterdays time and did it in 35.11.

Just had breakfast (shake and banana) and im now off for a shower as i have a job interview at 11am.

Im working at 12 til 5 today then tonight im off to the Bolton G for a game of poker.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2009, 09:44:50 AM »

I got up at 8.30 again and looked outside and it was a bit glum but i decided a bit of rain wont hurt. Managed to shed over 2 minutes off yesterdays time and did it in 35.11.

Just had breakfast (shake and banana) and im now off for a shower as i have a job interview at 11am.

Im working at 12 til 5 today then tonight im off to the Bolton G for a game of poker.

thumbs up

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2009, 10:00:58 AM »

Good luck with your interview mate!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2009, 10:14:02 AM »

Good luck with your interview mate!

keep it going and good luck!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: