blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:22:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.  (Read 191604 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: October 29, 2009, 10:03:34 AM »

Er exactly thats why you should weigh yourself daily and plot it on a little graph.

Your weight fluctuates anyway so if you do it once a week you arent really getting a true picture every week.

Also Girgy have a massive poo, bound to lose you a pound.

Thats my tip of the day.

Tommow how to puke your weigh to happiness.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: October 29, 2009, 10:10:15 AM »

Er exactly thats why you should weigh yourself daily and plot it on a little graph.

Your weight fluctuates anyway so if you do it once a week you arent really getting a true picture every week.

Also Girgy have a massive poo, bound to lose you a pound.

Thats my tip of the day.

Tommow how to puke your weigh to happiness.

If that was intentional, it's brilliant.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 29, 2009, 10:26:20 AM »

Just finished a session on the tredmill. I did 4.5km burning 550 calories. The legs felt a bit heavy today but i dug in and feel better now! Gonna go for a swim in the morning.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: October 29, 2009, 11:03:43 AM »

Good work fella, definitely getting into a routine now.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 29, 2009, 11:14:13 AM »

Just finished a session on the tredmill. I did 4.5km burning 550 calories. The legs felt a bit heavy today but i dug in and feel better now! Gonna go for a swim in the morning.

fk me nearly 3 miles well dome m8  thumbs up
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 29, 2009, 11:26:52 AM »

fk me nearly 3 miles well dome m8  thumbs up

ty

when I was at my fittest in aus I was doing 1 hour on the tredmill covering 4miles so I'm working myself back upto that!

The longest I've managed to run constantly was for 30 minutes!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 29, 2009, 01:31:59 PM »

Girg dunno if this will help ya but i got 1 and it's a piece of pi55 to do them, in no time i was doing 500 a night whilst watching the telly and not only did it burn calories it also turned the flabby belly nice and firm and there is hardly any effort required as the machine does most of the work

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3023242/Trail/searchtext%3EV+FIT.htm
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 29, 2009, 01:51:53 PM »

Girg dunno if this will help ya but i got 1 and it's a piece of pi55 to do them, in no time i was doing 500 a night whilst watching the telly and not only did it burn calories it also turned the flabby belly nice and firm and there is hardly any effort required as the machine does most of the work

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3023242/Trail/searchtext%3EV+FIT.htm

Can one of the exercise buffs comment on these?
I thought they were meant to be pretty bad but i dont know why!

No offence Ian, its just in my head and i cant remember the reason or if ive made it up?!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #548 on: October 29, 2009, 01:58:57 PM »

If they encourage you to do regular sit-ups then they're probably not a bad thing.  They certainly help maintain the correct form, as you see lots of people doing sit-ups with their hands behind their heads pulling on their neck.

There might be something bad about them, but not that I know of...

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 29, 2009, 02:05:46 PM »

No offence Ian, its just in my head and i cant remember the reason or if ive made it up?!

I love you xx

all i know is it worked for me and ill be back on it again real soon
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 29, 2009, 02:20:40 PM »

Just back from the gym....

Did 36 minutes on the tredmill covering 3.5km burnin 450 calories. I then did some sit ups and 5 mins on the hand rower followed by 10 minutes on the bike to finish off. I did 3.3km on the bike and legs felt heavy after i had finished!

Pretty pleased with my eating this week and a quick look on the scales and im down to 21st 13lbs which is a loss of 4lbs in 3 days Smiley lets gogogogogo
N1 Girgy
Keep up with the varied routine, stops your body getting used to the workload.
If your gym has some barbells, add some squats and bent over rows, will work your whole body, including your core

Ffs Girgy don't go doing squats and definitely don't do bent over rows.

They are both advanced excercises using free weights and you'll fuck yourself up.

Find a machine that mimics these exercises and do that instead.
seriously??
I wouldn't touch machines with a barge pole

Neither would I but for someone just starting out they're much better imo.

If Girgy knows the correct techniques for free weight squatting, dead lifting, bent over rows etc. then fine.

If not it's an injury waiting to happen.

Give it a few months until everything's strengthened up a bit then hit the weights.

if only there were a book written by an expert aimed at novices that went into meticulous detail about how to lift a barbell. in an ideal world i guess there'd be a DVD as well, he could like coach all sorts of different sized people on it and show where people commonly go wrong. and as this is just a dream let's really push it and imagine he set up an internet forum so that people could video themselves lifting and he could tell you if your form is good or how to correct it if not.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 02:22:41 PM by byronkincaid » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 29, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »

I love you xx

I think Terry's machine is actually quite good depending on what you want your abs to look like. It will tone your abs but won't give you ripped abs like the body builders on the adverts. Because your arms are stretched out you'll never get a full contraction of your abs so you won't get big stomach muscles. You will get toned but your abs will be long rather than compact and rippling.

The main problem with them is that people use incorrect technique. The machine is just a contraption that forces you to use correct form for sit ups.

A lot of people use the frame to help with the sit up by using their arms to push themselves forwards.

You should just be resting your arms against the frame and isolating your abs when doing the movement.

If done properly there's no way you'd be doing 500. No offence intended there Tel, it's just that you could save a lot of time by doing them differently and would get better results.

A good one to try is:

Load yourself in to the machine.

Do 1 sit up but hold it for 6 seconds in the contracted position. This will actually be better if you cross your arms over your chest as you get better contraction.

Drop back slowly to horizontal then contract again for 7 seconds. Again make sure that you really squeeze your abs.

Repeat for 8 seconds, 9 seconds, etc.......

If you get past 15 seconds without being in agony you're doing something wrong.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 29, 2009, 03:21:11 PM »

I love you xx

I think Terry's machine is actually quite good depending on what you want your abs to look like. It will tone your abs but won't give you ripped abs like the body builders on the adverts. Because your arms are stretched out you'll never get a full contraction of your abs so you won't get big stomach muscles. You will get toned but your abs will be long rather than compact and rippling.

The main problem with them is that people use incorrect technique. The machine is just a contraption that forces you to use correct form for sit ups.

A lot of people use the frame to help with the sit up by using their arms to push themselves forwards.

You should just be resting your arms against the frame and isolating your abs when doing the movement.

If done properly there's no way you'd be doing 500. No offence intended there Tel, it's just that you could save a lot of time by doing them differently and would get better results.

A good one to try is:

Do 1 sit up but hold it for 6 seconds in the contracted position. This will actually be better if you cross your arms over your chest as you get better contraction.

Drop back slowly to horizontal then contract again for 7 seconds. Again make sure that you really squeeze your abs.

Yeah it was something like that, all good but lots of people push forward with their arms.

In theory should you be able to do the same amount of good sit ups with or without the contraption if you have the correct technique both with and without?

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 29, 2009, 03:24:47 PM »

I love you xx

A good one to try is:

sigh FML!!!!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 29, 2009, 03:27:05 PM »

I love you xx

A good one to try is:

Yeah it was something like that, all good but lots of people push forward with their arms.

In theory should you be able to do the same amount of good sit ups with or without the contraption if you have the correct technique both with and without?

Yup.

If used correctly it is literally a frame that puts you in the correct position.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: