blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:41:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.  (Read 191615 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: October 29, 2009, 03:31:21 PM »

Girg dunno if this will help ya but i got 1 and it's a piece of pi55 to do them, in no time i was doing 500 a night whilst watching the telly and not only did it burn calories it also turned the flabby belly nice and firm and there is hardly any effort required as the machine does most of the work

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3023242/Trail/searchtext%3EV+FIT.htm

Hmmmm........

There's your tell Tel. If it's easy it's not quite right mate.

But you achieved some good results by the sounds of it so thumbs up I say.

How often did you use the machine? Was it 500 every night?

How long did 500 sit ups take?

Did you stop at 500 because it had finally started to burn a bit or just because you were bored?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 29, 2009, 03:42:05 PM »

Girg dunno if this will help ya but i got 1 and it's a piece of pi55 to do them, in no time i was doing 500 a night whilst watching the telly and not only did it burn calories it also turned the flabby belly nice and firm and there is hardly any effort required as the machine does most of the work

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3023242/Trail/searchtext%3EV+FIT.htm

Hmmmm........

There's your tell Tel. If it's easy it's not quite right mate.

But you achieved some good results by the sounds of it so thumbs up I say.

How often did you use the machine? Was it 500 every night?

How long did 500 sit ups take?

Did you stop at 500 because it had finally started to burn a bit or just because you were bored?

i didnt start at 500 i started at 50 and just worked my way up and yes i did do nearly every night.I used to do it when the mrs was watching her soaps but normally got through them within 1 episode of eastenders,

I wasnt overly concerned that it might not have been quite right it just enabled me to do a load with less effot than normal sit ups would.

I didnt do it for  a 6 pack just to get rid of the bubble gut
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #557 on: October 29, 2009, 03:52:42 PM »

The problem if you have a 'gut' is that all you're doing is toning the muscles under the fat. Fat can't be turned into muscle (and vice versa) despite the popular myth.

Also, don't hook your feet under anything to aid with sit-ups if you want to focus on the abs.  All you're doing is allowing your legs to do some of the work - which is fine if you want to exercise different muscles.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 29, 2009, 06:42:31 PM »

The problem if you have a 'gut' is that all you're doing is toning the muscles under the fat. Fat can't be turned into muscle (and vice versa) despite the popular myth.

Also, don't hook your feet under anything to aid with sit-ups if you want to focus on the abs.  All you're doing is allowing your legs to do some of the work - which is fine if you want to exercise different muscles.

so whats the best and easiest way of getting a flat 'gut'
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 29, 2009, 07:43:48 PM »

In short, less calories in then out
For a lot of people, it's probably doing this by dropping their carb intake.

Re: the abs machine
While I know lots of people use them, I hate them, I found it gave me poor form/posture and found it put pressure on the neck area. Also found them too easy, didn't get the 'pain' I was used to during abs exercises
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 30, 2009, 02:56:44 PM »

There you go with that "easy" word again.

There is no easy way mate.

The easiest way is to control your diet. Even without any exercise whatsoever you will then achieve a much flatter stomach. Add a few abs exercises to that and you might even get to see a little muscle or 2 in time.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #561 on: October 30, 2009, 04:15:21 PM »

The easiest way is to control your diet. Even without any exercise whatsoever you will then achieve a much flatter stomach. Add a few abs exercises to that and you might even get to see a little muscle or 2 in time.

Are you saying his belly is so big he can't see his love muscle?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 30, 2009, 04:23:38 PM »

Are you saying his belly is so big he can't see his love muscle?

His mates call him double dick tezza!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 02, 2009, 11:00:42 AM »

Weekend update...

Had a good tredmill session on saturday! Followed off by a swim and steam room. Felt really good afterwards.

I bought some new running sneekers yesterday as my old ones were pretty battered!

Today i got up really tired but pulled on the new sneeks and headed off to the gym.

I got on the tredmill and started my 45 minutes. Was watching something on the tv and the time flew bye! I have upped my jogging speed now to 7.5kmph. I was really into it today and the new sneeks are bedding in nicely. I covered 4.8km in 45 minutes burning 580 calories. I bounced outta the gym feeling pretty good!

Ive just been on the scales and was pleased with what i saw! Im down to 21st 9lbs which is a loss of 7lbs :-) which is the biggest loss since i started this quest.

Im gonna hit it hard this week in the run up to DTD! And my diet and prop bet with cos is going well!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 02, 2009, 11:13:25 AM »

great stuff Girgy!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 02, 2009, 11:56:31 AM »

Nice one bud.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 02, 2009, 12:27:07 PM »

great stuff Girgy!

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: November 02, 2009, 12:58:53 PM »

Good work fella.

Trainers though, not sneakers!

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 02, 2009, 01:07:45 PM »

Good work fella.

Trainers though, not sneakers!

very much This

but wd m8 keep it up  thumbs up

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 05, 2009, 10:30:10 AM »

Midweek update....

Yesterday i had a good session on the tredmill. I did 45minutes covering 4.7km buring around 580 calories. Was shattered and wet thru after i had finished!

This mornings session was ok, i started off with a 36 minute tredmill session. I felt a few twinges in my calf and ankle but nothing too serious and i managed to do 3.6km. I then did 10 minutes on the bike doing over 3.7km.

Rest day tomorrow before a big session on saturday morning before DTD!!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: