blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:15:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.  (Read 191597 times)
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: November 30, 2009, 11:16:14 AM »

no need to drink protein shake if fat loss is your main goal, maybe you can buy a water if sexy receptionist still there? unless the shake fills you up more than real food i guess??? easy rule of thumb is don't drink calories tho.

you can't trust treadmill calorie burn readouts btw, i don't wish to discourage you obv it's a good thing to try to burn more than yesterday or whatever but they are notoriously unreliable. i'm only saying this cos you can put exercise into fitday and you start thinking well if I burnt 500 I can eat this bigmac and still be losing weight, whereas it's much better to stick to your 2200 or whatever a day and still do the exercise as well, if you have the bigmac as part of your 2200 occasionally then that's not the end of the world.

if you were trying to get from 10% body fat to 8% then macro's (protein/fat/carb breakdown) become important, atm tho calorie restriction is key. obv as I said yesterday I feel that protein will fill you up more than sugar and carbs. fat fills you up as well, but as it is very calorie dense you have to be careful not to eat too much, you could easily eyeball some butter for example and estimate it as half as much as it actually is. so if I eat a bigmac I could easily eat another 2 soon after, but if I eat 2 chicken breasts and some veg and a bit of cheese or 85% cocoa choc for afters I feel pretty full.

log everything as accurately as poss on fitday FTW imo

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 30, 2009, 10:15:39 PM »

How much does a protein shake cost from the gym? I'm guessing it won't be less than a quid and you could probably buy yourself a tub for £20 from Holland and Barrett or order online and it'll last you a few months.

I hope you dont mind me being a c*nt when you slack. Gd restart.

Costs £1.50 for a carton! I shud buy a tub really....

no need to drink protein shake if fat loss is your main goal, maybe you can buy a water if sexy receptionist still there? unless the shake fills you up more than real food i guess??? easy rule of thumb is don't drink calories tho.

you can't trust treadmill calorie burn readouts btw, i don't wish to discourage you obv it's a good thing to try to burn more than yesterday or whatever but they are notoriously unreliable. i'm only saying this cos you can put exercise into fitday and you start thinking well if I burnt 500 I can eat this bigmac and still be losing weight, whereas it's much better to stick to your 2200 or whatever a day and still do the exercise as well, if you have the bigmac as part of your 2200 occasionally then that's not the end of the world. I know they not accurate its just a guidence for me! I dont go on treadmill thinking if i burn 600cals today i can get sum KFC when im out either.

if you were trying to get from 10% body fat to 8% then macro's (protein/fat/carb breakdown) become important, atm tho calorie restriction is key. obv as I said yesterday I feel that protein will fill you up more than sugar and carbs. fat fills you up as well, but as it is very calorie dense you have to be careful not to eat too much, you could easily eyeball some butter for example and estimate it as half as much as it actually is. so if I eat a bigmac I could easily eat another 2 soon after, but if I eat 2 chicken breasts and some veg and a bit of cheese or 85% cocoa choc for afters I feel pretty full.

log everything as accurately as poss on fitday FTW imo

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 30, 2009, 10:41:31 PM »

Well here goes with the daily meal updates, i think some of you may be suprised with what i actually eat....

Monday 30th November

Breakfast 10.30am

Scrambled Eggs on Toast
(3 eggs/2 yolks on 2 slices of wholemeal toast/no butter)

Snack 1.30pm

Banana and Pear

Lunch 4.00pm

Can of tuna with half tub of low fat cottage cheese
2 slices of wholemeal bread (buttered but only cos my mum made my lunch today!)
Muller Light toffee yogurt
Banana

Tea 9.00pm

Chicken Breast
Boiled Potatoes
Veg (sprouts and swede/carrot)
Gravy

Muller Light toffee yogurt

Drinks

2 bottles of Coke Zero (Thoughts on Coke Zero anybody?) I usually take a 1 litre bottle of water mixed with robinsons juice but i forgot it this afternoon.

So any advice would be taken on board!

Cheers

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 30, 2009, 10:44:05 PM »

pretty gd  but coke zero is shit and prob a bit too many carbs in there

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 30, 2009, 10:48:08 PM »

What are the carbs and what could i change?

I need educating on carbs/calories etc if anybody has got any basic info i cud follow?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 30, 2009, 10:51:21 PM »

you need some carbs for energy obv which is why i think Atkins diet is shit but carbs are your breads, potatoes, pastas etc...

Atm though you are having carbs with all 3 of your main meals which I'd probably cut down on if you can. At lunch for example there's no need for your two slices of wholemeal bread.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 30, 2009, 10:56:15 PM »

you need some carbs for energy obv which is why i think Atkins diet is shit but carbs are your breads, potatoes, pastas etc...

Atm though you are having carbs with all 3 of your main meals which I'd probably cut down on if you can. At lunch for example there's no need for your two slices of wholemeal bread.

Anythin i can substitue the bread for? Im out at work from 12-9 pm so i need to take things that are easy to eat on the move.

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 30, 2009, 11:11:18 PM »

how can something with zero calories have carbs in it?

not that i'd wanna drink it or anything

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_Zero#Ingredients
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 30, 2009, 11:15:36 PM »

think he meant too many carbs in my food rather than the coke zero!

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 30, 2009, 11:17:44 PM »

that don't seem bad tho girgy, yogurt and juice have a lot of sugar in them so I would knock them on the head but apart from that it looks fine as long as the calories are OK and it's filling you up so you're not gonna go on some mad binge to compensate
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 30, 2009, 11:18:10 PM »

think he meant too many carbs in my food rather than the coke zero!

ah, me dumb

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 30, 2009, 11:19:21 PM »

Well just loaded what ive eaten into Fitday the best that i can and it reads...

1525 Calories
46.6g Fat
255.5g Carbs
128g Protein (+ 20g in the protein shake i had)

Does this seam about right?

Pie chart says (no not meat pies kev)

Fat (22%)      
Carbs (51%)
Protein (27%)      
Alcohol (0%)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 11:22:45 PM by Girgy85 » Logged

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 30, 2009, 11:31:33 PM »

you don't wanna go on a near starvation diet, they don't work. can you get fitday to work out how many calories you burn a day? if not I would recommend starting at 2500 cals a day for a week and seeing if/how much you have lost and going from there, remember 2lbs a week and you're sorted, that's a realistic achieveable goal. don't fuck it up by starving yourself until you go nuts and eat a whole sweet shop.

a gram of protein is 4 cals, do you mix your shake with water or milk?

macro wise personally i would up the protein slightly and lose some carbs (yog and juice to start with) but the most important thing is calories for you

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 30, 2009, 11:35:20 PM »

grrrr your maths suck

46g fat = 414 cal
255g carbs = 1020 cal
148g protein = 592 cal

2026ish total so you're about right

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 30, 2009, 11:42:19 PM »

you don't wanna go on a near starvation diet, they don't work. can you get fitday to work out how many calories you burn a day? if not I would recommend starting at 2500 cals a day for a week and seeing if/how much you have lost and going from there, remember 2lbs a week and you're sorted, that's a realistic achieveable goal. don't fuck it up by starving yourself until you go nuts and eat a whole sweet shop.

a gram of protein is 4 cals, do you mix your shake with water or milk?

macro wise personally i would up the protein slightly and lose some carbs (yog and juice to start with) but the most important thing is calories for you

I buy a ready made protein shake from the gym. I dont have to have this really as i do my workout then return home to have my breakfast.

Im not starving myself. And im out of the temptation to nip into the garage for chocolate and crisps etc!

Put my exercise thru fitday and it said i burned 516 calories for my exercise this morning so only 74 calories less than the treadmill said.

I dont get the pre set lifestyle setting. Ive put the mostly seated with some movement option and that says i burn 4000+ calories a day. Cant change the time setting on it!

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: