blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:19:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.  (Read 191651 times)
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: February 12, 2011, 12:54:08 AM »

girgy r u gonna be doing another run soon?

Just me
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 12, 2011, 01:10:17 AM »

girgy r u gonna be doing another run soon?

Might do something for charity in the summer! Need to get my arse in gear and start eating healthy and training again!! Need to sort a gym membership and a personal trainer!!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 12, 2011, 01:21:29 AM »

the guy who owns the company fixes cars for us

Car has cost me a small fortune in the last 6 months also! £400 bill just before crimbo, £550 last month and I'm getting it diagnosed for £90 2moro for a problem that is gonna cost £500 min to fix

Busy little beaver your gaffer!

Those chineses cockle pickers who drown were being exploited by their boss in a very similar way. Those poor bastards could never seem to earn enough to pay all the strange and high maintenance bills on the property their boss rented to them. The owner is trying to trap you into being a taxi driver forever Girgy.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 12, 2011, 09:56:17 AM »

I've been toying with the idea of an auto next! I broke my left leg playing football about 7 years ago and it swells up and aches after some shifts in the manual. Pros and cons of costs of repAirs to a auto?

Cost of brake pads v cost of physio!  Most newish cars offer multitronic autos - if you feel nitty about the brake pads, you can use the manual aspect of it to brake the engine.  And while official consumption figures might point to manual, half the cabbies in manuals seem to change gears at random intervals, would probably be better with a decent auto box.

Think I'd rather work an extra x minutes each day to pay for it than drive a manual for a living.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 12, 2011, 10:51:23 AM »

Much more expensive to run an auto, more likely to be nearer 20 than 1 mpg difference.

Lol. My 2.2 petrol auto averages 28mpg. [ ] sure would get 48mpg if it was a manual.

The BMW 525d auto does more miles to the gallon than the manual and emits less C02.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 12, 2011, 11:06:00 AM »

I'm an owner driver so I just pay rent to my company every week to the tune of £105 but u do have insurance and all maintenance of my car to sort out.

The owner rents cars out to drivers but it costs them £220 a week but they also have to pay for repairs to the owners cars themselves which was the reason I bought my own. I thought if u rented their car then they would do the repairs like other companies do so the owner is scooping the lot!

I'm abs terrible at the mechanical side of things so I just trust the guy to sort my motor if owt needs doing on it.

I always remember when I was a kid I'd pretend to be a taxi driver. I'd turn our old armchair onto a cab and pretend to drive around. I can't see myself doing anything other than a driving job tbh!

My next goal is to save up a couple of grand and go in for my HGV licenses and hopefully go continental. Some o the guys are away weeks on end earning a fortune and bringing back tobacco to sell over here.

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 12, 2011, 11:28:56 AM »

Much more expensive to run an auto, more likely to be nearer 20 than 1 mpg difference.

Lol. My 2.2 petrol auto averages 28mpg. [ ] sure would get 48mpg if it was a manual.
So you agree then, tks.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 12, 2011, 11:43:54 AM »

Girgy, have a look around http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=5 before you think it's all hot hitchikers and Yorkies.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 15, 2011, 04:04:44 PM »

Well another Valentines gone and never received a card Sad

Been to bingo this aft and won £60. Mama G scooped £38 so not a bad afternoon!

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 15, 2011, 04:10:07 PM »

How's the weightloss going?

Have I won the bet?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 15, 2011, 04:10:44 PM »

Blue text
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 15, 2011, 04:14:58 PM »

I will be playing the DTD £300 in March.

I satty'd in last month and wasnt able to play due to returning off holiday and work commitments.

Made a few deep runs in these events as well as 21/900 in the first DTD Grand Prix. http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=179444

Im looking to shift 20% to cover travel expenses. 10% = £33.60

Payment by bank xfer only please.

Cheers Girgy

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 15, 2011, 04:15:45 PM »

How's the weightloss going?

Have I won the bet?

I have till November deepstack to be my target weight right?

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 15, 2011, 04:34:43 PM »

I will be playing the DTD £300 in March.

I satty'd in last month and wasnt able to play due to returning off holiday and work commitments.

Made a few deep runs in these events as well as 21/900 in the first DTD Grand Prix. http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=179444

Im looking to shift 20% to cover travel expenses. 10% = £33.60

Payment by bank xfer only please.

Cheers Girgy

10% sold to the Camel

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 15, 2011, 04:51:30 PM »

Bradford City on sky on friday. Were away to Port Vale and we never win when were on TV. Its been a couple of seasons since we been on the box!

Been another write off season for Bradford this Year Sad

I thought Taylor would be the man to see us out of this division but hes chopped and changed the team and tatics so much this season. Plus the fans expect so much of the team.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: