blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:58:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  GUPKT Luton ME %'s
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUPKT Luton ME %'s  (Read 14132 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2009, 10:03:38 PM »

I've played with Alan for a number of years and agree that he's a nice guy. But you'd think a player with all that live experience would have picked up the fundamental etiquette in the game by now. If a man takes a bad river beat at a crucial time in a tournament it shouldn't be a cause for celebration for a player not in the hand. That's just poor form and shows a real lack of understanding of the game. Alan plays for the pure fun of it, and that's fine, but he should appreciate that is not the case for everyone. It's obvious to any reasonable thinking person that losing players wont see the humour in losing, so you keep such comments to yourself.

On Friday night I jammed a pot and a really friendly Alan-type told my oppo what he thought I had. He didn't mean any harm. But he wasn't in the pot so he should STFU imo. Swearing at the table has been highlighted in recent threads as embarrassing behaviour but I get embarrassed by this sort of inappropriate behaviour tbh. If it's your first ever game these blunders are only natural, but after many years poker experience it just shows a level of ignorance that is bound to cause frustration. No different to drunk players imo, the annoyance just emanates from a friendlier facade, but still serves to spoil the game. Experienced players should be enforcing the boundaries of good etiquette when playing live imo....no matter how nice they are.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2009, 10:05:05 PM »

I have underlying problems

Definately

Had an even better guy last Friday, Cos and Matt met him to.

Unbelievable

Dont know his name or anything, but had to be the most miserable moaning bloke ive ever met. To bring it into context, he actually did a rubdown dance in a guys face when he binked a flip. The dealers were goading me to knock him out, literally. I didnt obv, but i did enjoy standing up and announcing he had to be the happiest man i had ever met, just full of joy.

Exactly the same thing though. He didnt have a clue. He didnt intend to upset anyone, but he upset at least 30 people that evening.

Cos made a very good point the day after when I was moaning about Tasos. I binked a set on the turn after he reraised me with two pair on the flop.
When he saw my hand he threw his cards at the dealer in disgust.

Cos's point was that we are very lucky to have somewhere like this to learn whats right and wrong at the poker table.

Although most of its common sense, someone like Alan doesnt come on here and learn whats right and wrong. Maybe he doesnt care, but as said he probs is a nice bloke and the last thing he is trying to do is upset people.

Unlike the guy who told Simon Lee he made a shit call, people like that just shouldnt be aloud to play breathe.

I was sat next to Simon when that happened. I was a bit surprised that Dave the TD didn't give the guy a penalty because it was shocking!!

Pointing at Simon in what I thought looked a threatening manner and shouting more than once "SHIT CALL!!"

It's the worst thing I've seen at a poker table. I was disappointed later when he apologised that Simon didn't tell him to shove his apology up his fat fucking arse because that's what I would've done.

The "SHIT" call btw was with AK!!

What a fat idiotic twat!! And if anyone doesn't like what I 've said don't worry I will gladly say it to his fat ugly face.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2009, 10:21:39 PM »

I have underlying problems

Definately

Had an even better guy last Friday, Cos and Matt met him to.

Unbelievable

Dont know his name or anything, but had to be the most miserable moaning bloke ive ever met. To bring it into context, he actually did a rubdown dance in a guys face when he binked a flip. The dealers were goading me to knock him out, literally. I didnt obv, but i did enjoy standing up and announcing he had to be the happiest man i had ever met, just full of joy.

Exactly the same thing though. He didnt have a clue. He didnt intend to upset anyone, but he upset at least 30 people that evening.

Cos made a very good point the day after when I was moaning about Tasos. I binked a set on the turn after he reraised me with two pair on the flop.
When he saw my hand he threw his cards at the dealer in disgust.

Cos's point was that we are very lucky to have somewhere like this to learn whats right and wrong at the poker table.

Although most of its common sense, someone like Alan doesnt come on here and learn whats right and wrong. Maybe he doesnt care, but as said he probs is a nice bloke and the last thing he is trying to do is upset people.

Unlike the guy who told Simon Lee he made a shit call, people like that just shouldnt be aloud to play breathe.

I was sat next to Simon when that happened. I was a bit surprised that Dave the TD didn't give the guy a penalty because it was shocking!!

Pointing at Simon in what I thought looked a threatening manner and shouting more than once "SHIT CALL!!"

It's the worst thing I've seen at a poker table. I was disappointed later when he apologised that Simon didn't tell him to shove his apology up his fat fucking arse because that's what I would've done.

The "SHIT" call btw was with AK!!

What a fat idiotic twat!! And if anyone doesn't like what I 've said don't worry I will gladly say it to his fat ugly face.

It was when he told his mate on the phone he was smashing the tourney and was gonna win it all...... how deluded, there were 170 people left and this guy actually thought his 1.5 times the average stack meant he was finalling.

I knew a guy once who had 150k at the end of day one, he sure did cash..................  Wink

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2009, 10:22:38 PM »

To be fair to that 'Shit Call' bloke Stu, I think he's a lot more likeable than you

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2009, 10:27:33 PM »

To be fair to that 'Shit Call' bloke Stu, I think he's a lot more likeable than you

Cry

Words hurt

U just gave me a meterphorical black eye

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2009, 01:45:28 PM »

I did see his ferrari break down outside DTD once and "someone" blagged the keys off the repairman with comparative ease. Sad to say compassion took over and we gave them back.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: