blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:12:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 91 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 363687 times)
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: December 30, 2009, 10:40:23 PM »

I seriously think I cold be starting next season with a bank of £70k or so.  Looking at some of the investors I have now and the amounts I wouldnt be surprised if a few more found out through word of mouth and things really took off.

Ill still be taking a minimum amount of £10 next season thought as really like the idea of it being a forum thing and keeping a good thread going for us all.

What kind of percentage would you be taking next season?

Yet to be decided or even thought about really.

What would you think is fair?

If my opinion is worth anything yet i'd say at a rough figure, and baring in mind i have no previous experience in things like this so my thinking could be way off...20% of gross profit?

In reference to the minimum 'buy in' i also agree 10 would probably be pretty insane and cause you a hell of a lot of admin work.... but i don't want to suggest any minimums.

Everyones opinion is worth something, nice to have the input.

Lets see how this season ends up first and worry about it later on.
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 30, 2009, 10:42:30 PM »

I seriously think I cold be starting next season with a bank of £70k or so.  Looking at some of the investors I have now and the amounts I wouldnt be surprised if a few more found out through word of mouth and things really took off.

Ill still be taking a minimum amount of £10 next season thought as really like the idea of it being a forum thing and keeping a good thread going for us all.

The way your running just now, 99.9%!!

Nah on a serious note, its totally your call, It really depends on how much of your time and effort it takes up, and if it affects your other means of Trading/income.

5-7%?  Wink
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 10:44:16 PM by Scottish Dave » Logged

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
iwillwinlots

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 30, 2009, 10:44:32 PM »

10% of profit on all investments
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 30, 2009, 10:47:28 PM »

Had any thoughts on what sort of premium you want next year Blatch? I'm pretty much in no matter what you say really.

As you know bud im not really doing this to make myself a load of money.  I like making others money plus im learning quite a bit from doing it which is helping my own account.  However with the amounts involved I think its only fair I take something.  I was probably looking at something around 20%-33%.  Ill probably have a chat with a few people and go from there.

Make it 32.5%

Sorry, just trying to be a bit tougher negotiating since sovietsong made me look like a cock

wow, i feel bad now. 

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
yorky34

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 30, 2009, 11:45:36 PM »

I have been following this thread for a while  now, and having done betfair for a living  and failed , i have had a lot of experinence of the ups and downs and i have also followed lots of  systems and money making schemes that people have tried and failed on betfair. That said i am very impressed at blatches ability to predict the market movements and hope that he can continue to have success , but half a season is not a success  it becomes a  a success when he manages to do it over a few seasons.
Dont get me wrong blatch not trying to put you down just bring a bit of a reality check as everybody seems to think this is the next best thing since slice bread, i know the key is the amount of money your playing with to make the trades so you can trade within a few points  and therefore making it easier to get profit , where is if you have less money your hoping for a bigger swing to make your money. The  good thing if you do your research there shouldnt be any great suprises and the market movements should be small and if need be  easy to get your money out  or take a small loss .

So in conclusion to all my waffle lol i think you could easy make 200k with a 50k  grand investment  and i think 20 to 30 of all profit would be a very fair percentage 
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 30, 2009, 11:50:21 PM »

I would be up for this next season and I would be happy with giving you 25%-30% on any profit
yorky34

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 30, 2009, 11:58:12 PM »

rhodsey i am still interested in doing what we  spoke about when i was dealing saturday , i have been doing a lil bit  again myself and  would be happy to prove  myself first 
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 31, 2009, 12:08:49 AM »

For sure mate, I should be in next few days I will talk about it then
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 31, 2009, 09:02:28 AM »

Blatch is a bit camp though isn't he?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
nosey-p

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 31, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »

Instead off you taking a % profit how about you take one game a month for yourself? What ever you make on the game you keep. With 50K-70K I would say that the profit per game will be about £1000 as the season goes on it could reach £2000 so you would be looking at about £15,000
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 31, 2009, 10:02:41 AM »

Will your thing work for the World Cup games?

Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 31, 2009, 10:11:12 AM »

Instead off you taking a % profit how about you take one game a month for yourself? What ever you make on the game you keep. With 50K-70K I would say that the profit per game will be about £1000 as the season goes on it could reach £2000 so you would be looking at about £15,000

nice idea, but if he starts with 50K and spins to 200K, thats 150K profit, and if he takes even 20% thats 30K he will scoop.

Plus the %age way ensure a GTD profit for him. Can you imagine if he takes one game a month like you say, and every game he chooses, is a losing one!

[X] Pretty sure he would do a Fergus lol

nosey-p

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 31, 2009, 10:58:40 AM »

nice idea, but if he starts with 50K and spins to 200K, thats 150K profit, and if he takes even 20% thats 30K he will scoop.

Plus the %age way ensure a GTD profit for him. Can you imagine if he takes one game a month like you say, and every game he chooses, is a losing one!

Yes a can see your point I would prefer £30k instead off £15k.

It was just a alternative way of doing it.
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 31, 2009, 11:29:12 AM »

Yes a can see your point I would prefer £30k instead off £15k.

It was just a alternative way of doing it.

of course as Blatch says, all opinions count

He might prefer your way

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #764 on: December 31, 2009, 11:36:31 AM »

If you really liked the forum you would do it for no % imo.

HI HELEN!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 91 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: