blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:56:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  gala notts £550 SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: gala notts £550 SOLD OUT  (Read 13947 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 09:56:43 AM »

hope this is ok.

I believe the phrase du jour is 'epic fail'.
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 12:43:27 PM »

mbn to play it

ive just been told i cant play cause my brother works there...thx gala only decent comp you have all year!!!!!
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 04:19:11 PM »

mbn to play it

ive just been told i cant play cause my brother works there...thx gala only decent comp you have all year!!!!!

lol wtf? u didnt ask surely. how did this come about?
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 04:26:03 PM »

my bro is going to be one of the dealers and at times in the tournie TD so gala management said i cant play sigh

they tried to ban me and my dad at one point when the new manager took over lol
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 04:26:51 PM »

my bro is going to be one of the dealers and at times in the tournie TD so gala management said i cant play sigh

gg trying to ban Apollo Creed!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 04:32:19 PM »

gg trying to ban Apollo Creed!
i know!!!!!
they came to there sences but apparently it might still become a nationwide rule at gala that if you work at gala your family that are members wont be allowed in
interesting..............
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 04:39:21 PM »

Bad Bad Form dousche.

And Fran, I thought that was pretty standard tbh.

HI HELEN!
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 04:53:02 PM »

I think you should honour the stakes in you, but meh, gl whatever.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 04:55:26 PM »

Oh dear.

Good luck getting staking in future Dousche.

Stakers are a funny bunch. They don't forget.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 05:39:27 PM »

Oh dear.

Good luck getting staking in future Dousche.

Stakers are a funny bunch. They don't forget.

+1, beat me to it Matt.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
dousche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 10:57:35 PM »

ok, i wasnt quite sure what the response would be about this.

on the one hand i personally think that it is the right of both stakers and stakees to pull out of the stake for whatever reason prior to the event. the reason for most (including my) requests is that i didnt feel that i had the bankroll to absorb the variance associated with the tournament and the staking agreement is an arrangement whereby the stakers absorb some of this risk at a negotiated rate in order to take some of the expected profits. i offered up a staking request not so that people could have a vested interest in me, nor so that i could share any successes with fellow blondes (although these are both added bonuses). thus me thinking that i am now able to absorb this variance was the sole factor in me asking to cancel the stakes.

on the other hand i suppose i can see that this may be "poor form" an a not-so-gracious way of reacting to aforementioned recent rungoodaments. im relatively new to this lark and sometimes im really not sure what is/isnt deemed as acceptable behaviour. clearly from some of the replies to this thread many of you feel that im being a bit of a dweeb. as such, i will honour the stakes - including blatch's (who graciously offered for me to publicly say that i am honouring his but take the 20% of myself). im sorry if i insulted anyone, it wasnt the intention - it was merely naivety about what is/isnt acceptable.

i hope that people can see the logic behind my thoughts/actions and that this doesnt reflect too poorly on me  Sad
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 12:24:40 AM »

Hey Mike,

Thanks for above.  I personally dont really mind what you have done but I think it would have been nice to have been asked if we minded or give us the option or something.

The one thing I would say that you mentioned is that can you imagine the hassle it would cause if was round the other way?  i.e. the staker cancelling on the stakee

Say for example I had put someone in a tourney in Scotland - they had booked hotel, flights and all sorts and I simply turned round and said im pulling out; it would cause havoc.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2009, 12:26:37 AM »

Small point but if you were to go on and win it I don't think me or Blatch could be anything but a bit gutted and that's the complete opposite of how I'd normally feel if someone told me you took down a comp

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
dousche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 12:41:52 AM »

Hey Mike,

Thanks for above.  I personally dont really mind what you have done but I think it would have been nice to have been asked if we minded or give us the option or something.

The one thing I would say that you mentioned is that can you imagine the hassle it would cause if was round the other way?  i.e. the staker cancelling on the stakee

Say for example I had put someone in a tourney in Scotland - they had booked hotel, flights and all sorts and I simply turned round and said im pulling out; it would cause havoc.

fair point neil, definitely shoulda consulted you guys first, definitely regret not doing that.

as far as the whole thing is concerned i apologise for being a clown. i try to act with a bit of integrity in everything i do and this is no different, just an error of judgement on my part and im sorry for that. obviously added pressure on the win now though!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 11:41:14 AM »

In all honesty i would swerve the tournament, Karma going to bite you up.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: