blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:27:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  gala notts £550 SOLD OUT
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: gala notts £550 SOLD OUT  (Read 13946 times)
dousche

View Profile WWW
« on: August 03, 2009, 03:12:36 AM »

hi guys, im looking to sell 30% of my action at the gala nots GBPT £550 event on 15/16 August for £225.

The player

For those of you that don't know me my name is Michael Millar (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=88373). I've just graduated from uni and am just beginning a poker-heavy gap year. Iv played a few (maybe 15ish..?) similar sized live comps, including this one last year (came back day 2 but no good), with some success - including winning the £300 DC at broadway outright last february. Online screen names are dousche (tilt) and bigtax888 (stars) - the OPR stats for these arent great, but the samples are very small given the field sizes. Not included in these is the 100k gntd Boss network comp i won a while back for E24500 (thats supposed to be a euro symbol by the way...).

The tournament

The main event of the Nottingham leg of this tour is on 15/16 August and is a 2-day £500+50 freezeout. These events include a LOT of guys that qualify at their local gala which tends to bring the standard down a wee bit. While the structure can't really compare with GUKPT/DTD, the 60 minute levels leave plenty of room for good poker. I've heard from Blatch that the standard of play at the Teesside comp was pretty hilarious so I'm sure that I'm worth the premium (im selling at about 73% equity by my calculations - please correct me if I'm wrong).

Obviously if there are any questions then post away.

Mike
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 02:03:40 PM by dousche » Logged
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 11:34:50 AM »

Hey Mike,

ill take 20% of it please
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 12:42:06 PM »

I'll take the last 10% pls Mike. I'll pay u on the day - I'm comin up for this.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 12:47:38 PM »

Does anyone know when we need to buy into this?

I think im gonna play it. Might play the online sat on Sunday night, but then buy in on Monday night or something.

With a cap of 121 or whatever i dont think turning up on the day will be much good!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 12:50:31 PM »

I think im gonna play it. Might play the online sat on Sunday night, but then buy in on Monday night or something.

With a cap of 121 or whatever i dont think turning up on the day will be much good!

buy in at any gala

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 12:56:26 PM »

buy in at any gala

Thanks George! Lol, I was about to drive to Grovesnor Walsall to buy in?Huh??

I just wondered when people thought it would sell out?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 12:57:57 PM »

Teeside sold out the morning of.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 01:16:30 PM »

Teeside sold out the morning of.

Thanks Neil that was the info I was looking for.  Wink

dousche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 01:58:30 PM »

i called them on saturday and they recommended coming in that night as they were running short already. me and tom (rutter) bought in as entries 2 and 3. wp gala customer service..
dousche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 02:00:51 PM »

so thats 10% greekstein (£75) and 20% blatch (£150). blatch, if you're playing as well i guess we can just sort out cash on the day too? thanks for the backing guys, now to bink the thing!
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 02:13:39 PM »

i called them on saturday and they recommended coming in that night as they were running short already. me and tom (rutter) bought in as entries 2 and 3. wp gala customer service..

Im sure looking forward to spending a weekend in Gala!

Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 02:22:10 PM »

so thats 10% greekstein (£75) and 20% blatch (£150). blatch, if you're playing as well i guess we can just sort out cash on the day too? thanks for the backing guys, now to bink the thing!

No probs bud
dousche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 04:21:54 AM »

hi guys. sorry to disappoint but due to recent rungoodaments im happy enough to put myself into this fully, probably serves me right for putting the thread up too early. again, really sorry to do this to you guys - hope this is ok. in an attempt to make it up i'll give the two of you first refusal on similar sized stakes for my next staking proposal.

mike
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 05:54:23 AM »

hi guys. sorry to disappoint but due to recent rungoodaments im happy enough to put myself into this fully, probably serves me right for putting the thread up too early. again, really sorry to do this to you guys - hope this is ok. in an attempt to make it up i'll give the two of you first refusal on similar sized stakes for my next staking proposal.

mike

lol you serious?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 09:29:29 AM »

DIE

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: