blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:23:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  64 years on
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 64 years on  (Read 3130 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 06:01:07 PM »

for those of you interested in ww2 history, may I recommend "Who do you think you are" on Iplayer..the Kate Humble one

fascinating stuff about her grandfathers..one a POW in Stalag 3, the other a RAF test pilot

fk iplayer. it's on bbc2 in an hour

ok, well worth a watch.

about a minute before your post I had a look at tonight's tv and decided against it as I have no idea who kate humble is but might watch now you've said it's good

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 06:02:43 PM »

second half especially, the POW stuff. Fascinating.

Really good telly that series

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 06:02:58 PM »

We could never forget. I must have read 20 or more books on that dreadful Event, & I always end up near to tears. Over 100,000 civilians, with a normal quotient of young children amongst them, died a dreadful death.

The arguments about "it saved lives" don't intrerest me one iota, be they right or wrong.

I just know that innocent Civilians were the weapons used to end it. Had it been all the Politicians that caused the war got themselves nuked, that would be something to rejoice in, but it was not. As always, innocent Civilians, & in most cases, their deaths were unimaginably hideous.

But even despite all that, bolty had me in stitches with his Scottish gag. I'm doing my best not to laugh......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 06:11:58 PM »

hitler was a lot of things but i cant imagine him rubbing his one remaining bollock in anticipation of taking over scotland

Apologies to all the Scottish blondes ...

But that line actually made me laugh out loud and carry on for a good couple of minutes.

I might print that quote on a T-Shirt and present it to you at a blonde bash bolty !!

my dad's a scot, so i'm half a wee shite, but still found that very funny indeed :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 06:25:39 PM »

We could never forget. I must have read 20 or more books on that dreadful Event, & I always end up near to tears. Over 100,000 civilians, with a normal quotient of young children amongst them, died a dreadful death.

The arguments about "it saved lives" don't intrerest me one iota, be they right or wrong.

I just know that innocent Civilians were the weapons used to end it. Had it been all the Politicians that caused the war got themselves nuked, that would be something to rejoice in, but it was not. As always, innocent Civilians, & in most cases, their deaths were unimaginably hideous.

The thing is, the deaths were avoidable - the bombing of Hiroshima and then Nagasaki 3 days later didn't 'save lives'.  The Allied forces (mainly the Americans, but also their 51st state as well) knew that the war against Japan could be brought to an end without the need to use nuclear weapons.   The bombs weren't dropped to end the war, and there's a reason Japan was chosen as the 'recipient' (years before the bombs were actually used). 

But even despite all that, bolty had me in stitches with his Scottish gag. I'm doing my best not to laugh......

[  ] I didn't laugh.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 07:02:16 PM »

oh ffs it's that bird, she's clueless.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 07:04:54 PM »

lol. "i told mum i was coming and dad thought it would be a good idea if we met up in the pub"

translation: "our nuisance daughter is turning up so i'm getting pissed".
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 07:08:17 PM by bolt pp » Logged
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 07:05:21 PM »

oh ffs it's that bird, she's clueless.

I still don't know who she is so I'm going to assume she's off big brother as that's where most famous people I don't know are from

DUNK619

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 07:07:09 PM »

she  does springwatch
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 07:14:38 PM »

she's very patronizing, it's like she's being enthusiastic for the sake of securing her next job.

not surprised to hear kev mention the crying, she has to cry to get another 6 month t.v contract, documentary t.v just doesnt work without some shallow idiot breaking down for the most nonsensical reasons
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 07:18:19 PM »

It's such a shame because theres actually a story here, a potentiayl really good program about a guy and his experiance in the war.

she's fucking it all up, whats she got to do with anything, they wouldnt make this program if she didnt like wildlife and no one would know about the bloke.

seriously who gives a shit what she thinks.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 07:22:08 PM »

yeah, what bolt said. I'd like to watch a prog about the test pilot guy, has potential to be really interesting, but will probs turn this off in a minute as it's utterly pointless

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 07:51:28 PM »

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=terrorism

S: (n) terrorism, act of terrorism, terrorist act (the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear)

hmmm, discuss, nicely

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: