blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:08:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Southampton Live Update
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Southampton Live Update  (Read 26363 times)
David_Capon

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 01, 2005, 11:40:40 PM »

yeah, a good bunch of people down here.

Found someone with sky in the end. The programme really did make us laugh!! that wig!!

In my above post, with regards to the A8s and the 77 person, it was the guy who u interviewed who had won a hell of a lot!!
What is his name?

When is this gutshot comp?  I might have to go to it Smiley

David
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2005, 12:01:20 AM »

"the guy we interviewed who had won a lot" - I think you are referring to Steve Bovis, who we profiled tonight. As I said on the prog, I can't figure Steve's game. RR-ing with A-8 aint a play I can make, though maybe he felt he could get you off your hand, & he was hoping you'd pass. In a comp at Luton - NOT the one he won - he did exactly the same thing with A-9 against Maqmood, from Derby. Maqmood had KK, & Steve caught his A. I just can't make those plays, but the guy has won a fortune this year, so who's to say he's doing it wrong?

The other guy that fits your description in your excellent post was in fact Keith Hawkins, aka "The Camel", & he was at Southampton on Sunday, & I think he exited with 77, but that was a desperation play after his stack had been decimated. He has a helluva game, & RR's with all sorts of middling hands, but that's his game, he tries to push folks off hands by sheer aggression. Now he is a class player, believe me.

The Gutshot comp is Thursday of next week, & is a 200 jobbie. I do hope you play a few more big comps, because I really believe you think about the game deeply, especially, if this does not sound condescending, for one who has only played for a few months. If you do, I'd be delighted to "mark your card" as to who is who.

That wig? Surreal, just surreal. Or, as I said tonight, "fascinating"........

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
David_Capon

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2005, 12:16:23 AM »

Steve caught his A. I just can't make those plays, but the guy has won a fortune this year, so who's to say he's doing it wrong?

The Gutshot comp is Thursday of next week, & is a 200 jobbie. I do hope you play a few more big comps, because I really believe you think about the game deeply, especially, if this does not sound condescending, for one who has only played for a few months. If you do, I'd be delighted to "mark your card" as to who is who.

First i should apologise to the camel, i got no idea how he went out.  It was how Steve Bovis went out on my table 77 vs AA. 
I would say that Steves moves are definitely -EV with Ace high.  In the long run it will hurt his tournament game  seeing as he is 69% underdog with only the one overcard.  The only way i can think it wise is if he is a huge stack, when it is his job to suck out or he has pot odds.  i don't think A9 is a strong enough to even play let alone re raise with. I would even generally fold AQ to a raise?  Is this tight/weak?

I think i may try to go to gut shot this sat and sunday as well, just to practice.  I heard that william hill are adding 5 grand to the pot? Nice Smiley  It would be nice to figure out who is who.  No offence but i have never heard who any of u were before sunday.....

David
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2005, 12:53:00 AM »

Well your views & mine on A-9 & the like are very similar!

Gutshot on Thursday of next week? Yes, Willaim Hill ARE adding 5k to the pot.

And if you do play the Gutshot/William Hill 200, I will spend half an hour pointing out the "faces" to you, & I will get a few of my buds to do the same for you. The poker boys really are, on the whole, very friendly & helpful, as you will see.

By the way, Poker 425 wll be there - so make the Final, & get some more exposure!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
David_Capon

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2005, 12:56:43 AM »

hehe, that would be very much appreciated thank you. Its good to start to recognise faces.  Poker is a gentlemens game Smiley i hope it stays that way. 

Man it is tough work trying to out post you here, do u have to reply to everything?

David
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 02, 2005, 12:59:11 AM »

Well stop asking questions, & start studying a bit of history - I gott get to bed, up at 0500!

David_Capon

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2005, 01:01:43 AM »

well that was the short answer i gave for the TV.

I actually dropped my current course :/  Going to be re starting and doing history next year Smiley

David
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: