blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:25:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273126 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live Omaha Hand
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live Omaha Hand  (Read 6425 times)
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 11:34:23 AM »

Cheers for the feedback guys.
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 12:00:36 PM »

This is a hand to be careful with. If you get the lot in, you actually want to be against a set. There are a lot more troublesome hands you could be matched against. You do not have the nut wrap, someone simply having AKQ puts you at a 2-1 dog. If they have a pair to go with it you're in worse shape.

If you had the top wrap (with or without a pair) I would be looking to get a lot of money in. I'll take flipping with a set now and then trading off for when I have the dominating draw.

Betting the flop risks betting yourself out of the hand if you don't have a hand you can commit with. Taking a card off might be the best move. I'd probably bet it myself though, but it would depend on the game I'm in and the stack sizes.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 12:40:34 PM »

fold pre for me

If you don't want to play a big pot, don't pot the flop

I didt plan too but when its checked around that £125 in the pot looked nice lol

Why not bet less than the pot?

Yes £75 obviously gets the same info.

Where's that little smiley man being sick when you need him?

You're not betting for info here. You are bluffing simple as that. The info you've got out of this is that your oppo has top set. If he has the nut wrap he can sometimes peel, top set always re pots here so you are more likely to be up against that.

The info you got should have told you to get it in.

If you were intending to bluff then it's fine. You took a stab and got caught out. If you were betting for info you spewed.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 12:47:27 PM »

I never get people who bet/fold hands like this. CHECK!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 12:56:10 PM »

fold pre for me

I didt plan too but when its checked around that £125 in the pot looked nice lol

You're not betting for info here. You are bluffing simple as that. The info you've got out of this is that your oppo has top set. If he has the nut wrap he can sometimes peel, top set always re pots here so you are more likely to be up against that.

If you were intending to bluff then it's fine. You took a stab and got caught out. If you were betting for info you spewed.

I wouldn't call this a bluff though Matt, we can bet draws for value.

We should never 'bet for info'.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 12:59:21 PM »

fold pre for me

But he passed? So it might as well be a bluff.

If I bet a draw for value it's because I want my oppo to stay in the pot because I think I have the best hand.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 01:02:55 PM »

I don't play much omaha, but if you're going to play half-hands like this to a pre-flop raise how much harder do you want to hit?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 01:04:55 PM »

fold pre for me

If I bet a draw for value it's because I want my oppo to stay in the pot because I think I have the best hand.

This hand aside, I think bet/folding is fine in cash games and hugely underused. If people only bet when they are never passing it becomes too easy to play the game and the player.

I get RichardL to post on it as he has some great thoughts on bet-folding in cash games.

@GreekStein on twitter.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 01:26:22 PM »

fold pre for me

This hand aside, I think bet/folding is fine in cash games and hugely underused. If people only bet when they are never passing it becomes too easy to play the game and the player.

I get RichardL to post on it as he has some great thoughts on bet-folding in cash games.

Bet folding can have it's uses, surely?..but then don't bet full pot.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2009, 01:32:15 PM »

fold pre for me

Bet folding can have it's uses, surely?..but then don't bet full pot.

Obv but I've said that already.

@GreekStein on twitter.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2009, 01:35:52 PM »

oooppps, yeah.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2009, 01:37:24 PM »

fold pre for me

But then you aren't betting for value are you. You're betting to take the pot uncontested or possibly as a stopper bet with a marginal draw that can't face up to re pot bet.

Oh. And you're a cock.

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 01:43:01 PM »

semi bluff?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2009, 01:46:35 PM »

semi bluff?

Not really. A semi bluff is usually where you get the lot in wanting your oppo to pass a better hand but with outs if he calls.

Here we've bet the pot then passed when he raises. If we ship it now it could be a semi bluff because we may get middle set or top 2 to lay down.

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2009, 01:57:59 PM »

there's this idea that I haven't grasped yet that this we only bet for value or as a bluff is a NL concept not a PLO concept.

we have good equity in this hand and when we bet and 3 people fold our equity goes up. i'm not sure if this is a good or bad bet tbh but i don't think it's as simple as you guys are making out.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: