blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:22:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  3 Barrell Bluff from £300 DTD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3 Barrell Bluff from £300 DTD  (Read 7549 times)
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 02:26:55 AM »

kk and when it comes a 9 high board i can just go broke and blame bad luck? prefer to win tbh.

you gotta call down 3 streets with an overpair?
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 02:27:42 AM »

prefer to win tbh.

How did that work out for you?

HI HELEN!
Sam Proffitt

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 02:30:49 AM »

not being a twat or anything but whilst my AA < AK after J32 flop with 41 players left, i hear you were hitting your two outers??!
ALASKAN5IVE

Miami4>>>>>>>Folding

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 02:32:17 AM »

yeh but rooks won money is this tournament - howd did it work out for you sir???

Sure will fold sir.......
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 02:32:28 AM »

Open pretty much every unopened pot UTG? well this makes my range kinda obvious tbh ducy?

Approx 100% of hands tend to be unopened when you are UTG, ducy?

So what if your range is obvious, its not a high stakes tournament, the field is v weak and your oppo's wont adjust.

When you are 150bb deep, early in a big deepstack tourney, 4bet folding is not terrible. I lost 20% of my chips in a spot where any other line loses you 50-100% and i will never ever agree otherwise. Showing it was purely on the basis of confirming that he had kk/aa because if not i could spend quite a while tilting myself thinking iv done the wrong thing and in a toruney im not keen on wasting time second guessing myself. i.e. the 'info' was that i made the right read on him, which also is something i can use in future. do you even play live poker? probably not from the way youre talking.

I will start at the back, you should probably not be so results orientated, if he had AA/KK or not you are sure you made the right decision so why do you need to see it?

4b folding a monster is terrible and i dont see how i would ever lose 75-150bb in this pot, unless of course i got my set beaten, i am a lot more likely to win 75-150bb. As Knave says, never looking to change that is com.

Oh and yeah i have played a little bit of live poker in my time.

How can you ever say what someones range should be UTG or otherwise? so dumb, it obviously totally depends on your image and table etc etc etc I'm looking to polarize my range UTG as well as my 3betting range, if you dont play that way then fine but saying its bad is inherently bad itself!

I actually dont mind trying to polarise your 3b range, its lazy poker but it works in fields this soft.

It's 1050 a pot @ 200-400 you just need a 50% strike rate to break even before we even talk about winning pots post, playing every hand god gives you here is a good idea.

Why am i shoving almost my entire range on the river? because if you hadnt realised (and it seems you havent) the pot is now 12k, wtf is the point in making some dumb value bet for 1/2 pot when if he is going to call that he is going to call a shove anyway, moreover, if i do hit my card i want to get paid dont i? equally i dont want to take my hand to showdown if im not getting a good return as it obviously ruins my image and means i have to change my game therein.

Its a weak field tournament people do stupid stuff like call off then fold, after all you were planning on him doing just that! However bad players just wont fold top pair if you fire a VB that allows them to continue playing and enjoying their experience of playing such a high buyin prestigious event.

Hope some of that was helpful, for the record its obvious you dont play this comp, grind online mtts if thats your thing but its so different to a live comp like this you cant go making posts like that because they just dont apply in the same way

I am guessing i have played more low buyin live comps than you have, but, w/e

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 02:32:32 AM »

Ahh, you will be telling me I was wrong to get my chips in with 77 in a minute and that I should have raise folded from my 10 bigs..

HI HELEN!
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 02:33:14 AM »

So we are 4 betting to make sure he has aa or kk so we can fold. Why don't we just 4 bet are entire opening range then, if we are bluffing?

If villian was comptent he would probably call your 4 bet with aa or kk then we have not achieved anything at all. Flat the 3bet and play some poker imo.
Sam Proffitt

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 02:35:08 AM »

Ahh, you will be telling me I was wrong to get my chips in with 77 in a minute and that I should have raise folded from my 10 bigs..

no, iv no idea, but what you said was really douchey considering the one reason i didnt make the money
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 02:37:33 AM »

no, iv no idea, but what you said was really douchey considering the one reason i didnt make the money

4bet folding Queens are reasons you dont make money mate.

HI HELEN!
Sam Proffitt

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 02:40:18 AM »

4bet folding Queens are reasons you dont make money mate.

lmao its ok, i dont begrudge your luckboxing to 2nd Wink why the aggro?
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 02:41:59 AM »

lmao its ok, i dont begrudge your luckboxing to 2nd Wink why the aggro?

Sick rubdown.

HI HELEN!
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2009, 02:43:46 AM »

lmao its ok, i dont begrudge your luckboxing to 2nd

il take the under.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 02:47:07 AM »

Sigh have you given up debating the merits of the hand, replacing it instead with jealous rantings thrown in the direction of The Oracle?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Sam Proffitt

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 02:48:31 AM »

lol wtf my bad, how did u not at least get 2nd? w/e man why even be a douche on the internet, 'how did that work out for you' wow how much of a joke can you be when you yourself got so lucky to be there and i got the 2% suckout just before the money, wow. just wow.
Sam Proffitt

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 02:51:30 AM »

no, tbh if you werent so idioticly biased youd see who was the douche. anyway, i get what youre saying for the most part, i know how good you are but you are good enough to know that there are so many ways to play every hand and to be so autocratic in your analysis is pretty bad considering youre not looking at it in a vacuum, its a situation specific hand and having played with these people face to face for 8 hours things are different.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: