blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 06:12:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273344 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 09-10 Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 ... 128 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 09-10 Thread.  (Read 161056 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: December 07, 2009, 02:56:46 AM »

cheers, that's reasonably simple then

a final question. any chance of the rams going back to LA instead of the city getting an expansion team?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: December 07, 2009, 03:03:03 AM »

can you remember the Jax draft Rich, did their draft picks lead to the relative success they had early on or did they get many good experienced players in str8 away?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: December 07, 2009, 03:03:55 AM »

cheers, that's reasonably simple then

a final question. any chance of the rams going back to LA instead of the city getting an expansion team?

Again the league would rather not put an expansion team in LA, but a relocation team that could hit the ground running, so yes. Depends on Georgia Frontiere the owner of the St Louis Rams who is half hearted to say the least about the team she owns.

There is a multi use stadium ready too in LA (more than one if you include Rose Bowl Pasadena)

A final thought..the type of player that teams release to be picked for the expansion teams is Richard Seymour who got traded from the Pats to the Raiders this pre season

Nine year vet, multiple pro-bowler, performance beginning to drop a bit but high salary...

The player has no choice but to go where the team trades him and his contract, even if he is unlucky enough to get sent to Oakland or Cleveland or Detriot. The situation can lead to hold outs, but the trade always happens irrespective of the player's wishes.

In that sense its unlike UK foootball, where players don't often move to a situation they don't like.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: December 07, 2009, 03:08:29 AM »

can you remember the Jax draft Rich, did their draft picks lead to the relative success they had early on or did they get many good experienced players in str8 away?

Jax and the Panthers were expansion teams the same year. 95 I think.

Carolina were in the play offs within 3 years from memory, and Jax within 5 and both got to a superbowl. Most of this was down to the veterans acquired before they started to play. After the initial influx of players (the vets acquired from the other teams) retired, then both subsequently went into the doldrums before re -emerging again most notably in Carolina's case with Delhomme, Steve Smith and Julius Peppers

Jax have always been hamstrung because their poorer revenues prevent them from competing in the free agency market.

Both franchises though were built and managed far better than the Texans were.

For the Texans, they are now stocked with talent. Expecting a play off run at last next year onwards depending on who the new head coach is

My eyes are open wide
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: December 07, 2009, 03:09:58 AM »

it'll be interesting to see how players feel about being drafted/traded to england if it happens

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: December 07, 2009, 03:13:58 AM »

it'll be interesting to see how players feel about being drafted/traded to england if it happens

I'd imagine they'd do things like training camps in Florida, and not base themselves much in England in terms of living and training outside the season

I'd also think they'd do a bit like the Super 14 in rughby. Give them 4 home games in a row, then a four game trip to the US, then back again to reduce travel disadvantages

They'd obviously be put into an Eastern conference too where they are most often going to Florida up to NY/Washington rather than anything other than the odd game on the West Coast

I'd be interested to see how it goes. I'd imagine a London franchise would be full to capacity crowds wise.

My eyes are open wide
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: December 07, 2009, 03:40:17 AM »

Jax and the Panthers were expansion teams the same year. 95 I think.

Carolina were in the play offs within 3 years from memory, and Jax within 5 and both got to a superbowl. Most of this was down to the veterans acquired before they started to play. After the initial influx of players (the vets acquired from the other teams) retired, then both subsequently went into the doldrums before re -emerging again most notably in Carolina's case with Delhomme, Steve Smith and Julius Peppers

Jax have always been hamstrung because their poorer revenues prevent them from competing in the free agency market.

Both franchises though were built and managed far better than the Texans were.

For the Texans, they are now stocked with talent. Expecting a play off run at last next year onwards depending on who the new head coach is

If the timescale for a London team is 5 years then it is possible we could have a team ready to really challenge for a superbowl in ten years or so, do you think that is possible?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: December 07, 2009, 04:17:24 AM »

/life

abs knocked it in today.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: December 07, 2009, 04:33:03 AM »

/life

abs knocked it in today.

Sigh same here, did in 200 nuggets ffs

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: December 07, 2009, 06:33:25 PM »

Another interesting game tonight, GB have beaten st louis, detroit x2,cleveland, dallas,san fran and chicago this season and only one of those teams has a winning record. Baltimore have a worse record but have lost to indy,cincy x2,minny and new england. I think its tight so will prob take baltimore with the start.

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: December 07, 2009, 10:23:12 PM »

meh, I like Green Bay for the win. Not one I'd care to bet on tho

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: December 07, 2009, 10:28:54 PM »

meh, I like Green Bay for the win. Not one I'd care to bet on tho

Can Baltimore pressure Rodgers past the dodgy GB OL?

I think so, I'm on Baltimore. If not, Rodgers will have time to find Jennings and Driver and Baltimore won't hold them

Should be a good tight game

My eyes are open wide
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: December 07, 2009, 10:36:24 PM »

Green Bay have won eight games with Rodgers on his arse all day, they can win one more.

I like Green Bay defensively

edit * for eight read seven oops

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1198 on: December 08, 2009, 11:47:28 AM »

lol yeah pretty com we both got 81pts so far and both have Farve to come, nice chopping with you Oracle:

Oracle Team:

RB's : Johnson (Titans) & Moreno (Bronco's) 10+20
WR's: Coulston (Saints) 10 Austin (Dallas) 16
TE : Watson (Pats) 0
Kick : Feely (Jets) 13
Team D : Cincinatti 12

Demps Team :

RB's : Jones/Benson 10+11
WR's: Coulston/Austin 10+16
TE : Shockey 4
Kick : Kaeding 12
Team D : Saints 18

Pretty incred to carve it up

We sure do carve it up mate. My Team D scored 21 points and Moreno scored 13pts, meaning I had a total of 108 on the week.

HI HELEN!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1199 on: December 08, 2009, 03:11:51 PM »

Wiiiiii verified, 108 pts to 96, shipppppppp

HI HELEN!
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 ... 128 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: