blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 04:58:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Another Comedy Immigration Decision
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another Comedy Immigration Decision  (Read 5652 times)
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2009, 04:38:33 PM »

I still don't understand the foreign student rules we have. You can apply to study here and after a certain number of years apply to stay? I have 2 clients who are mature students - studying for studying sake - neither of them want their degree, they are just doing it for permanent entry into the country.

They are nice people and all that but it's all bit backdoor imo.  

You must work for the daily mail making up stories like that?

Lol! I'm only going on what they told me - that after they have studied here for long enough they can apply for residency - so I'm asking is that possible?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2009, 04:38:59 PM »

I still don't understand the foreign student rules we have. You can apply to study here and after a certain number of years apply to stay? I have 2 clients who are mature students - studying for studying sake - neither of them want their degree, they are just doing it for permanent entry into the country.

*schoolgirl snigger*

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2009, 04:40:16 PM »

*schoolgirl snigger*

oooh - you've just given me an idea.....about you know what.... Grin
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2009, 04:42:07 PM »

*schoolgirl snigger*

oooh - you've just given me an idea.....about you know what.... Grin

oh dear

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2009, 04:43:49 PM »

Lol! I'm only going on what they told me - that after they have studied here for long enough they can apply for residency - so I'm asking is that possible?
Probably, I'm just taking the piss out of the cynical bunch on here who believe its all made up.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2009, 04:47:52 PM »

Probably, I'm just taking the piss out of the cynical bunch on here who believe its all made up.

Sorry - I was obv whooshed!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2009, 04:48:30 PM »

If it's not made up, can you send me a link to verify the story please?   The BNP manifesto doesn't count btw.

kkthxbye

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2009, 04:50:40 PM »

If it's not made up, can you send me a link to verify the story please?   The BNP manifesto doesn't count btw.

kkthxbye

No can't be arsed, was just having a laugh Cheesy
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 04:50:58 PM »

Don't think anyone suggested the story was 'all made up'. clearly the guy was allowed to stay in the country following an appeal. The bit people had issue with was the right-wing press reporting that the decision had been made based on the fact that the guy had a cat, which is clearly bollocks.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2009, 04:56:20 PM »

Don't think anyone suggested the story was 'all made up'. clearly the guy was allowed to stay in the country following an appeal. The bit people had issue with was the right-wing press reporting that the decision had been made based on the fact that the guy had a cat, which is clearly bollocks.

We need a tougue in cheek smiley I reckon, in the meantime this is the closest Tongue
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2009, 04:59:03 PM »

We need a tougue in cheek smiley I reckon, in the meantime this is the closest Tongue

we are a few mods down at the moment including the smiley mod in the mean time if you spot a smiley on the web you think might fit in on the forum send me a pm and i might pop it up

obvisously i dont want 500 PMs a hour from every member

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 05:07:03 PM »

If you want to read some "interesting" stuff, try googling the words 'Littlejohn Gypsy'

The older I get, the better I was.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 05:13:55 PM »

If you want to read some "interesting" stuff, try googling the words 'Littlejohn Gypsy'

Littlejohn bigot probably would work as well.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
pokefast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2009, 05:15:52 PM »

Sickening drivel.

What's worse is that some will believe it.

Jon Woodfield is the cleverist man in Europe!
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2009, 05:16:49 PM »

Sickening drivel.

What's worse is that many believe it.

fyp

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: