blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 08:53:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Durrrr Million Dollar Challenge begins in London next week
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Durrrr Million Dollar Challenge begins in London next week  (Read 4402 times)
EddieHearn

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2009, 04:37:52 PM »

Hi all.. we just announced this today. Should be fun...

Durrrr Million Dollar Challenge begins next week
Full Tilt Poker to sponsor poker’s biggest ever live challenge

Matchroom Sport is delighted to announce that the Full Tilt Poker Durrrr Million Dollar Challenge will take place in London from November 17-19th.

Tom “Durrrr” Dwan issued the challenge in July and Ilari “Ziigmund” Sahamies and high-stakes cash player Marcello “Luckexpress” Marigliano have stepped up to join Sammy “any two” George in taking on the most feared cash player in the game at the Les Ambassadeurs club in Mayfair. The challenge will see Dwan take on three opponents over 500 hands each in a live heads up match up. Each player will buy into the challenge for $500,000 and the blinds will be set at $500/$1000 with each opponent being offered the preference of Pot-limit Omaha or No-Limit Hold’em. No player can leave the contest until either the 500 hands are up or the player has bust.

Finnish star Ziigmund is known as one of the most aggressive Pot-limit Omaha players around and his love of high-stakes and trash talk has earned him a huge following online and jumped at the chance to pit his wits against Durrrr.

“I am always excited to play my good friend Tom,” said Ziigmund. “He is one of the best Hold’em and PLO players in the world, and when I heard about the challenge I couldn‘t wait to sign up. With the gambling, the side-bets, the partying and the drinking in London, this is going to be a whole lot of fun.”

Londoner Sammy George was the first player to sign up to the challenge and fancies his chances on home soil. “While other pro’s have dithered in accepting the challenge I was the first man to step up to the plate and if Tom thinks he can come to my backyard and take half a million from my back pocket, he can think again,” said George.

Eddie Hearn, managing director of Matchroom Sport, said: “We are delighted to be working with Tom in creating poker's biggest ever TV spectacle – Matchroom are always looking to stretch the boundaries and with the introduction of PLO this is a new dawn for TV poker. Tom is a fearless competitor and he laid down the challenge to the entire poker world. Three players have stepped up to the plate. This is poker in its most raw form – two players battling it out for $1million, mano-a-mano. It doesn't get any bigger than this."

The Full Tilt Poker Durrrr Million Dollar Challenge will be televised on Sky Sports in 2010.

For further information please contact Anthony Leaver at anthony.leaver@matchroom.com or on (+44)7813 845 144.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 04:40:25 PM »

Londoner Sammy George was the first player to sign up to the challenge and fancies his chances on home soil. “While other pro’s have dithered in accepting the challenge I was the first man to step up to the plate and if Tom thinks he can come to my backyard and take half a million from my back pocket, he can think again,” said George.

Just LOL

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 05:08:16 PM »

Just LOL

Haha is the game going to played outside in a light drizzle and Durrrr be forced to drink lukewarm bitter.
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 05:09:40 PM »

Can I deal it? Thanks.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 05:10:46 PM »

Sounds good fun.

Any chance of a decent interface on the broadcast? Most UK poker productions tilt me so bad. They take ages to put hole cards on the screen. The pot's never up to date. You can't tell who's bet what or who action is on. etc. Just copy the way HSP do it.

Blue text
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 05:12:25 PM »

Just LOL

Haha is the game going to played outside in a light drizzle and Durrrr be forced to drink lukewarm bitter.

Interval dining is a choice of Liver and Onions or Jellied Eels

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 06:18:22 PM »

GG Sammy, you had a good run

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 08:31:44 PM »

This promotion has been a fail imo.

Hardly the 3 names people would have wanted to see.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 02:20:14 PM »

Full Tilt Durrrr Million Dollar Challenge – day one review Press release

Marigliano comes out on top in Durrrr’s opening encounter

The opening match of the Full Tilt Durrrr Million Dollar Challenge saw Italian Marcello “luckexpress” Marigliano come out on top after 12 hours of play with Tom “Durrrr” Dwan at the Les Ambassadeurs club in London.

The duo bought in for $250,000 at the beginning of the match and as the clock struck 2am and the last hand was over, Marigliano ended with $272,500 – a $22,500 gain – having played No-Limit Hold’em until the final hour where they switched to Pot-limit Omaha.

Durrrr won the greater number of pots – 55 per cent to Marcello’s 45 per cent – but the key hands and bigger pots went in the Italian’s favour to see him triumph on the first of three days of action.

“In the end I won a small amount but I’m happy though as I won with bluffs,” said Marcello. “He raised a lot pre-flop and you have to play tight but I made some good moves and I’m happy I proved I can play with Tom.”

Both players were down 100k on more than one occasion and Durrrr rebought as his stack dropped below 150k when Marcello bluffed him off a 100k pot with King-high, but he fought back to move 100k to the good. Marigliano levelled the match up when he flopped a full-house with A3 on the 3AA board and as the day sped to its conclusion, the Italian moved close to 100k in front when they both held hearts  - Durrrr with six-deuce, Marigliano with Queen-seven – and two hearts came on the flop. Marcello was all-in before the Ace of hearts on the turn gave him the pot and a healthy lead over Dwan before they moved to Pot-limit Omaha. Durrrr clawed his way back in the final hour, but goes into the second day on the back of defeat.

“It was a really aggressive match,” said Durrrr. “There was a time when Marcello folded 20 hands in a row then the next hand he picked up a gutshot and decided to win the 150k out there. But he made two really good reads and without either one of them he ends up down 50k or so but instead he’s up. They were key hands really and there were some other big hands but it was an interesting match – of course I wish I’d won.”

The small swing in Marigliano’s favour belies the action with Durrrr recording a button raise frequency of 84 per cent, and Dwan seemed surprised at the end of the match that they had gone the distance.

“It’s so crazy that at the end there was just a 25k difference in the end – that’s absurd. It’s so unlikely that one of us didn’t lose 500k,” said the American, who faces Finnish star Ilari “Ziigmund” Sahamies today (Wednesday). “I was up 150k at one or two points and down 200k – but it still wasn’t as swingy as I thought it would be, we didn’t have many big hand versus big hand spots, or even medium hand versus medium hand spots. I expect there to be more action in the matches with Ziigmund and Sammy George.”

Durrrr and Ziigmund will begin their match at 2pm, starting off by playing Pot-Limit Omaha, with George ending the challenge on Thursday. Both matches will be blogged live at www.matchroompokerforum.co.uk, where you can also view the blog from the opening day.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 10:33:50 PM »

" two hearts for durrrr and sammy has on the Ah three clubs board... durrrr bets and sammy calls... three diamonds... sammy checks... durrrr moves all in... sammy has a good 5 minute think.... make that about ten mins... and Sammy folds... wow... durrrr shows for the 10k of course and sammy looks sick, sick, sick..."

"sammy 401k down now..."

Taken from www.matchroompokerforum.co.uk
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 10:36:05 PM by Tractor » Logged

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 01:10:41 AM »

sammy down 630k according to matchroom

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 01:13:58 AM »

Sammy is running above expectation then.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 01:15:47 AM »

com how the other two matches have barely seen a swing and sammy is nearly in for a mil.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
810ofclubs

EPT Vilamoura!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 03:32:54 AM »

Sammy is running above expectation then.

chuckles

Jake Mfkin Cody lols
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 06:44:04 AM »

Sammy wasn't lying.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: