blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:57:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Isildur
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Isildur  (Read 68496 times)
chrisbruce

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 12, 2010, 01:55:45 PM »

Awsome blog

Too good to be true

As you guys say

Its a Level
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 12, 2010, 02:10:36 PM »

Some seriously good writing in there tho.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 12, 2010, 02:43:23 PM »

Someone posted a link on 2+2 to a very recent Dang Bros interview where they said they had bought a large piece of Durrr in the last battles he had vs isildur which cost them $3million. They subsequently had to move down to $50-100 from the $500/1000k they were playing.

I also think Galfond had a large piece.

link please
luckyjimm

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 13, 2010, 09:22:27 PM »

Wow, he's posted again!

http://isildur1blog.blogspot.com/2010/03/yesterday-i-lost-last-60k-in-my-ftp.html
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 15, 2010, 10:12:33 PM »

Just done the lot to Hastings again Cry
luckyjimm

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 21, 2010, 10:01:22 PM »

Blog is still going, talking about his epic loss to Hastings:

http://isildur1blog.blogspot.com/2010/03/day-after-i-bust-my-account-i-was-half.html

Nice taste in music, bit like my own
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 01, 2010, 05:11:54 PM »

Matchroom Sport and PartyPoker are delighted to announce the huge news that mysterious high stakes poker legend Isildur1 will be making his TV debut at the PartyPoker.com Big Game IV at Les Ambassadeurs club in Mayfair, London on April 11-13. The legendary cash game will take place at the prestigious venue for 48 hours straight!

The poker world has been speculating on the identity of the man whose high stakes battles with Tom "Durrrr" Dwan, Ziigmund and Patrick Antonius have held the online community spellbound. In a recent blog, Matchroom Sport managing director Eddie Hearn issued an invitation to Isildur1 to take part in the Big Game, and after joining forces with his backer, Team Party pro Tony G, the speculation will end as Isildur1 sits down in Mayfair.

"It was important to me that Isildur1 made his first major TV appearance on one of our shows," said Hearn. "Tony and I have worked hard to ensure this happened and we are delighted to welcome him to the PartyPoker.com Big Game IV. Even without an identity, Isildur1 has become the biggest name in poker within six months of high stakes online action. Quite simply, this will be the most hotly anticipated poker show of all time."

A PartyPoker.com spokesman said: "Please note this is not an April fool, Isildur1 has joined the line-up!"

The PartyPoker.com Big Game IV has a new presenting sponsor in the form of PokerNews.com. As part of the deal, PokerNews.com will have branding at the event and the bonus PartyPot offered to players every hour will now be the PokerNews pot. PokerNews.com is also offering two freeroll seats to play in the game. A 'weakest link style' eviction process will take place during the game where one player can evicted from the table and for the very first time the players will be coming to the tables with walk-on music! PokerNews.com will be hosting a forum where players get to decide what record they want the players to walk in to. For example, Tony G could be 'Back in the USSR,' by The Beatles, Isildur1 could be 'Sweet Little Mystery' by Wet, Wet, Wet - Luke 'FullFlush' Schwartz could be 'Teenage Dirtbag,' by Wheatus. How about Neil Channing? 'I am a Rock' by Simon and Garfunkel? The debate and decision making starts soon on PokerNews.com.

Isildur1 joins a line-up that includes Team PartyPoker.com's Tony G, Premier League IV runner-up Luke "Full Flush" Schwartz, World Open V champion and Premier League hotshot Phil Laak, serial WSOP casher Isaac Haxton, Neil Channing, Laurence Grondin and Jennifer Tilly. There are more big names to follow, with the action to be screened first on Five in the UK later in the year and then distributed internationally.

The third edition of the tournament saw Andrew Feldman and Robert Williamson III walk away as the biggest winners in a field that included Roland De Wolfe, Ian Frazer, Juha Helppi and Barny Boatman, while the first two editions of the tournament included WSOP main event champion Jamie Gold, Brian Townsend, Tony G, Phil Hellmuth Chris Ferguson, Kenna James and Dave 'Devilfish' Ulliott

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: April 01, 2010, 05:18:37 PM »

Matchroom Sport and PartyPoker are delighted to announce the huge news that mysterious high stakes poker legend Isildur1 will be making his TV debut at the PartyPoker.com Big Game IV at Les Ambassadeurs club in Mayfair, London on April 11-13. The legendary cash game will take place at the prestigious venue for 48 hours straight!

The poker world has been speculating on the identity of the man whose high stakes battles with Tom "Durrrr" Dwan, Ziigmund and Patrick Antonius have held the online community spellbound. In a recent blog, Matchroom Sport managing director Eddie Hearn issued an invitation to Isildur1 to take part in the Big Game, and after joining forces with his backer, Team Party pro Tony G, the speculation will end as Isildur1 sits down in Mayfair.

"It was important to me that Isildur1 made his first major TV appearance on one of our shows," said Hearn. "Tony and I have worked hard to ensure this happened and we are delighted to welcome him to the PartyPoker.com Big Game IV. Even without an identity, Isildur1 has become the biggest name in poker within six months of high stakes online action. Quite simply, this will be the most hotly anticipated poker show of all time."

A PartyPoker.com spokesman said: "Please note this is not an April fool, Isildur1 has joined the line-up!"

The PartyPoker.com Big Game IV has a new presenting sponsor in the form of PokerNews.com. As part of the deal, PokerNews.com will have branding at the event and the bonus PartyPot offered to players every hour will now be the PokerNews pot. uk.pokernews.com is also offering two freeroll seats to play in the game. A 'weakest link style' eviction process will take place during the game where one player can evicted from the table and for the very first time the players will be coming to the tables with walk-on music! PokerNews.com will be hosting a forum where players get to decide what record they want the players to walk in to. For example, Tony G could be 'Back in the USSR,' by The Beatles, Isildur1 could be 'Sweet Little Mystery' by Wet, Wet, Wet - Luke 'FullFlush' Schwartz could be 'Teenage Dirtbag,' by Wheatus. How about Neil Channing? 'I am a Rock' by Simon and Garfunkel? The debate and decision making starts soon on PokerNews.com.

Isildur1 joins a line-up that includes Team PartyPoker.com's Tony G, Premier League IV runner-up Luke "Full Flush" Schwartz, World Open V champion and Premier League hotshot Phil Laak, serial WSOP casher Isaac Haxton, Neil Channing, Laurence Grondin and Jennifer Tilly. There are more big names to follow, with the action to be screened first on Five in the UK later in the year and then distributed internationally.

The third edition of the tournament saw Andrew Feldman and Robert Williamson III walk away as the biggest winners in a field that included Roland De Wolfe, Ian Frazer, Juha Helppi and Barny Boatman, while the first two editions of the tournament included WSOP main event champion Jamie Gold, Brian Townsend, Tony G, Phil Hellmuth Chris Ferguson, Kenna James and Dave 'Devilfish' Ulliott

FYP  Wink
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: April 01, 2010, 05:21:43 PM »

Now my spam editing is over, I'm actually going to be at this event for Pokernews and hoping to 'reveal' who Isildur actually is before anyone else and bag an interview with him, so anyone with any questions for him lemme know. i was going to go with 'so who the fookin hell are ya?' as an opener.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 01, 2010, 06:37:41 PM »

Now my spam editing is over, I'm actually going to be at this event for Pokernews and hoping to 'reveal' who Isildur actually is before anyone else and bag an interview with him, so anyone with any questions for him lemme know. i was going to go with 'so who the fookin hell are ya?' as an opener.

haven't tony and luke already revealed him?

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 01, 2010, 06:40:08 PM »

What does his screen name refer to/mean? How does he cope with suck spin ups/downs?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: April 01, 2010, 06:43:04 PM »

haven't tony and luke already revealed him?

well they have at different times said he was Victor Blom, but that remains to be seen, I think if it was him it would be confirmed by now
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 01, 2010, 06:43:33 PM »

What does his screen name refer to/mean? How does he cope with suck spin ups/downs?

do you know i thought i knew the answer to this, but i misheard

I thought Stu Ungars dad was called Isildur - but it isnt it was Isadore - phonetically not a million miles apart thou - that would have been a cool reason thou..............

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 01, 2010, 07:00:10 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isildur
luckyjimm

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 01, 2010, 08:07:14 PM »

Last week Gutshot.com sent me to Sweden to track down Viktor Blom.  

I've posted the first three parts of my report in the articles section of their site.    I started out in Uddevalla. 

Day 4, Gothenberg, will be posted tomorrow, and the concluding Day 5 will go up on Saturday.  

I don't know if the mods will let me post the links here, but I think it's a good story, do check it out!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: