blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:56:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries  (Read 263131 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2145 on: February 26, 2015, 09:58:26 PM »

Not the worst idea but definitely too much hard work when you can buy it in a packet instead.

Make a pot full and it will last you all week .

You can also freeze it, and it'll last even longer Smiley

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: February 27, 2015, 10:41:45 AM »

Some closet soup makers itt
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2147 on: March 11, 2015, 07:14:25 PM »

I've just had a home made curried pea soup. easiest thing in the world to make and good for you, and tasty.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

The older I get, the better I was.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: March 17, 2015, 05:23:27 PM »

Update:

Had to have a few weeks off training unfortunately, firstly through a bit of a self inflicted shoulder twinge from pushing too hard and then because I've been away on a course.

Anyway I was back on it yesterday for an arm session and then this morning for chest. Didn't do anything exciting so I won't update the dumbbell press just yet.

Diet has been pretty good although far from perfect. Certainly cutting out a lot of bad or empty calories through most of the week with a view to upping the effort in the next month or so.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2149 on: March 17, 2015, 06:26:28 PM »

Update:

Had to have a few weeks off training unfortunately, firstly through a bit of a self inflicted shoulder twinge from pushing too hard and then because I've been away on a course.

Inter ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: March 17, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »

Update:

Inter ?

Dog handling?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2151 on: March 17, 2015, 06:39:51 PM »

Update:

Inter ?

Dog handling?

I've seen the women he likes. It's the same thing.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: March 17, 2015, 06:40:47 PM »

Update:

Inter ?

Dog handling?

I've seen the women he likes. It's the same thing.

You've not seen his German Shepherd.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: March 24, 2015, 08:04:18 PM »

6th Jan 2015 24kg x 10, 28kg x 8, 28kg x 8, 28kg x 8

13th Jan 2015 26kg x 10, 30kg x 8, 34kg x 8, 34kg x 6

20th Jan 2015 30kg x 10, 34kg x 8, 40kg x 8, 40kg x 5

27th Jan 2015 30kg x 8, 30kg x 8, 30kg x 8, 30kg x 8

3rd Feb 2015 30kg x 8, 36kg x 8, 40kg x 6, 40kg x 6

17th Feb 2015 22kg x 10, 26kg x 10, 30kg x 10, 30kg x 10

24th Feb 2015 28kg x 8, 32kg x 8, 36kg x 8, 40kg x 5

24th Mar 2015 28kg x 10, 28kg x 10, 28kg x 10, 28kg x 10

Half way through what should be my second full week back following minor injury and the work based course. I was feeling a few twinges in my shoulder again today so had to take it steady with dumbells but I'm pleased enough to be doing 28kg very easily.

Did a reasonable incline bench press at 80kg and felt good at everything else so I'm optimistic for the next few weeks.

The diet has been reasonable. I've not gone crazy but certainly kept the carbs and fat much lower than they were. I've also started doing abs every session to help trim the waistline a touch. I'd forgotten how difficult abs training is when you let your core go a bit flabby!!!

Only 10 and a bit weeks to Vegas so I can't afford any more slips now if I don't want to be a fat lad.....

I've got a load of protein shake type things and supplements arriving tomorrow which again will all help. I need to keep the calories low but don't want to lose any muscle so I need to maintain protein intake without too many carbs or fat. Next 4 weeks are critical, if I see some positive gains it will make it much easier to remain motivated. I know it's possible to achieve what I want as I've done it before but it's still nice to see some results to confirm that it's working!!

Should be a fun few weeks.......

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: August 05, 2015, 07:21:03 PM »

7th April: Weight 15st 13lb. Waist 37" to 38.5"

14th April: Weight 15st 11 1/4lb. Waist 36.75" to 38.25"

21st April: Weight 15st 7 3/4lb. Waist 36.5" to 38"

28th April: Weight 15st 4 3/4lb. Waist 36.25" to 37.75"

5th May: Weight 15st 6lb. Waist 36" to 37.25"

12th May: Weight 15st 4lb. Waist 35.75" to 36.75"

19th May: Weight 15st 5 3/4lb. Waist 36" to 37.25"

26th May: Weight 15st 6lb. Waist 35.75" to 36.75"

2nd June: Weight 15st 2 3/4lb. Waist 35.5" to 36.5"

16th June: Weight 15st 1 1/4lb. Waist 35" to 36"

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: August 05, 2015, 07:21:44 PM »

So what's next in my training plan? I've lost 12lb and 2" off my waist in 2 months which I'm really happy about but there's still some way to go.

I really don't want to lose any more weight. I haven't been 14st something since I was a teenager so I really need to focus on the weights and look to maintain where I am now rather than lose any more.

I'm going to stick with the same general diet as before but maybe flick in an extra protein shake somewhere. Training will be weights 4 mornings a week to quite an intense level and then T25 in the evenings to try to continue the progress with the waistline.

I have a trip planned in August although I don't know the exact date yet. Target will be 15st 4lb minimum with a 35" worst case waist. I think this target is quite moderate as long as I stay injury free but time will tell.

The other decision is whether to stay on here or move back to my training thread? It was obvious to be here whilst I was trying to lose weight but now the goal is different I may shift back. I like to maintain that diary to look back on occasionally  so I think I'll shift over there soon.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: August 05, 2015, 07:35:43 PM »

I'm back!!!

Following a brief hiatus where I was focussing on weight loss and trimming down it's now time to resurrect the training and get a bit bigger and ripped again. This doesn't really belong on the "Blonde will make you thin" thread and seeing as the interaction there is pretty poor recently I might as well be back on my own diary.

I often like checking back on here and reading through what I've been up to in my training (or lack of) so it's better to have it in one place anyway.

The couple of quotes above show the culmination of 2 months of healthy eating and reasonable training which helped me drop nearly a stone and more importantly a couple of inches off my waist.

A couple of days after the last post my back went a bit crazy again so I found myself laid up for about 6 weeks and I've finally had permission of the physio to resume training.

3 days in to a starting back and already I'm feeling hungry so need to programme in some diet changes. I've been very low calorie for quite a while now which whilst I was laid up with a bad back has been perfect for maintaining a reasonably lean physique. Now that I'm training again I need to increase the protein otherwise I'm just going to waste away.

I want to get big again but without getting fat so that means protein!!!

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: August 05, 2015, 07:39:36 PM »

I've started today with what's going to be the diet plan for the next few weeks to see how it goes. I'm planning on training twice a day Monday to Thursday, once on Friday and then have Saturday/Sunday off.

Today's food below is going to be the general plan for Monday to Thursday.

5:30am (pre workout) - Fruit based shake (banana, spinach, strawberry, blueberry, grapes) + protein scoop
8:30am - Protein shake
10:30am - Protein bar
12:30pm - 1 tin tuna on 2 x pitta
2:30pm - Banana
5:30pm - Fruit based drink (Pear, spinach, strawberry, blueberry, grapes, nuts) + protein scoop
8pm (pre workout) - Protein shake
10pm - 200g minced steak, 40g pasta, tomato based sauce, veg

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: August 05, 2015, 07:53:24 PM »

As a generally guide you need to consume at least 1g of protein for every 1lb of lean mass if you want to build muscle.

I've not calculated it accurately but today's food adds up to approximately 200-220g of protein so pretty much on the nose for what I should need.

I'm not going super strict with this and will happily have a few slips so there's no need to calculate everything exactly unless I'm not getting anywhere after a month or so.

The measure of success will be with a few basic stats. Chest, arms and leg measurements all want to increase whilst the waist needs to stay the same. If the waist stays the same then I know I'm not getting too fat which is important to me. I want to gain mass but I want it to be lean mass on my chest not fat around my waist.

I'll have a measure tonight after training and then measure once a week to see how it's going.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: August 05, 2015, 09:06:13 PM »

I'm back!!!

Following a brief hiatus where I was focussing on weight loss and trimming down it's now time to resurrect the training and get a bit bigger and ripped again. This doesn't really belong on the "Blonde will make you thin" thread and seeing as the interaction there is pretty poor recently I might as well be back on my own diary.

I often like checking back on here and reading through what I've been up to in my training (or lack of) so it's better to have it in one place anyway.

The couple of quotes above show the culmination of 2 months of healthy eating and reasonable training which helped me drop nearly a stone and more importantly a couple of inches off my waist.

A couple of days after the last post my back went a bit crazy again so I found myself laid up for about 6 weeks and I've finally had permission of the physio to resume training.

3 days in to a starting back and already I'm feeling hungry so need to programme in some diet changes. I've been very low calorie for quite a while now which whilst I was laid up with a bad back has been perfect for maintaining a reasonably lean physique. Now that I'm training again I need to increase the protein otherwise I'm just going to waste away.

I want to get big again but without getting fat so that means protein!!!

Good to see you back, hope the injuries stay away. Know what you mean about feeling hungry. Upping the weights myself atm and had to up the food intake as didn't have the energy for the compounds.
Any lifting targets? or just training and see how you progress
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: