blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 02:15:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273147 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Bank Charges D Day
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bank Charges D Day  (Read 19519 times)
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 09:05:08 PM »

its your job to manage your accounts not the banks.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 09:20:41 PM »

If someone told you they were going to give you a severe beating and indeed you were put in hospital would you not prosecute because you knew about it ?

Nobody is saying the banks shouldn't get redress but they are/were profiteering. The law says you can't and the banks knew this.

So you say charges are fair because everyone knew of them. The laws have been around as long enough and the banks are big enough to have legal advisor's. In general the public will not use legal advice when entering a contract as they believe, wrongly, that big companies will be correct.

Sandy

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 09:24:23 PM »

lol, nice example. 

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 10:59:28 PM »

have been with my bank for about 20 years and  cheques being bounced on me quite  a few times

could this be worth investigating?

haven't clicked on link am too tired fro anything heavy 
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 11:31:33 PM »

lol, nice example. 

knob, you ever been £2.50 overdrawn and got charged £30. The prices are patently over charged for what is an essential service given that you have to have a bank account in todays world if your a normal citizen. give me my money!!!!
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2009, 03:00:35 AM »

I for 1 hope that the banks do win.

For someone who looks after my bank account and does not and has not got charges in the past, I dont want to be the one who has to start paying a monthly fee for my bank account, because this is what will happen..

I'm not sure what its like now, but when I lived in spain, all banks charged a monthly fee to run your bank account.

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2009, 03:10:18 AM »

this will bring about the end of free banking for those of us that keep our accounts in the black

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
ViiperUK

Die young and Save Yourself!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2009, 03:12:12 AM »

this will bring about the end of free banking for those of us that keep our accounts in the black

it indeed will be, charges for so much pish will be introduced everywhere no doubt
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2009, 03:13:19 AM »

I for 1 hope that the banks do win.

For someone who looks after my bank account and does not and has not got charges in the past, I dont want to be the one who has to start paying a monthly fee for my bank account, because this is what will happen..

I'm not sure what its like now, but when I lived in spain, all banks charged a monthly fee to run your bank account.

wtf, who doesn't have a plus account these days?  Wink

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
ViiperUK

Die young and Save Yourself!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 03:16:12 AM »

lol, nice example. 

knob, you ever been £2.50 overdrawn and got charged £30. The prices are patently over charged for what is an essential service given that you have to have a bank account in todays world if your a normal citizen. give me my money!!!!

i've been 55p over drawn and been charged that i almost hooked the guy in the bank lol.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 07:11:04 AM »

Glad I'm not alone!

Free banking will be a thing of the past soon, we are one of the only countries to supply a banking service for free.

henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 07:22:47 AM »

In the countries that are charged for accounts would the interest paid on deposits be higher by any chance ?

Sandy
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2009, 09:03:24 AM »

If someone told you they were going to give you a severe beating and indeed you were put in hospital would you not prosecute because you knew about it ?

Nobody is saying the banks shouldn't get redress but they are/were profiteering. The law says you can't and the banks knew this.

So you say charges are fair because everyone knew of them. The laws have been around as long enough and the banks are big enough to have legal advisor's. In general the public will not use legal advice when entering a contract as they believe, wrongly, that big companies will be correct.

Sandy

This is a good example. No one's saying mis managing your account should go unpunished but the punishment should fit the crime

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2009, 09:21:40 AM »

wow as easy as this

[insert your name
and address]

[insert date]

[insert name and
address of bank]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: [insert account number]

I am writing to request a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges for direct debit, unauthorised overdrafts and standing orders I have paid since 27 July 2001.

Please find enclosed a cheque for the maximum statutory charge of £10. If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept a copy of my statements; I understand that statements on their own are not covered by the Data Protection Act 1998, yet I’m not requesting the statements per se, but the charges, which I’m entitled to by law.

I look forward to your response within 40 days, as [insert name of bank] is obliged to reply under the Data Protection Act. If not I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner.
Yours faithfully,

[insert your signature]

[insert your name (printed)]

G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »

wow as easy as this

[insert your name
and address]

[insert date]

[insert name and
address of bank]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: [insert account number]

I am writing to request a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges for direct debit, unauthorised overdrafts and standing orders I have paid since 27 July 2001.

Please find enclosed a cheque for the maximum statutory charge of £10. If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept a copy of my statements; I understand that statements on their own are not covered by the Data Protection Act 1998, yet I’m not requesting the statements per se, but the charges, which I’m entitled to by law.

I look forward to your response within 40 days, as [insert name of bank] is obliged to reply under the Data Protection Act. If not I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner.
Yours faithfully,

[insert your signature]

[insert your name (printed)]

Yes, it looks daunting to begin with, but Money Saving Expert have done a hell of a lot of work and it's just a case of following their step by step process and filling in the blanks. Obv the bank knows where you've got your template from and are very sad cos they know that you have the whole process laid out in front of you when they start their little crappy process.

Killing free banking one step at a time!!   disco disco

Dunno about the bounced cheque charges, maybe that's not covered by the Unfair Terms in Consumer Credit Contracts Act, cos it's not really..credit. Unsure, worth checking.

This Data Protection Access Request targets your charges specifically and you'll probably get a big pile of photocopied statements, like I did. But the Bank holds a hell of a lot of other interesting stuff that you can demand at the same time, under the same request. I would include the phrase 'Please also supply me with all other information you hold on me to which the Data Protection Act applies'.
Also include a cheque for £10. The non-rubber kind Wink
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 12:08:17 PM by G1BTW » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: