blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 08:20:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273481 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Bank Charges D Day
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bank Charges D Day  (Read 19646 times)
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2009, 12:03:38 PM »

http://www.ico.gov.uk/ESDWebPages/search.asp

For HBOS customers:

Data classes are:

Personal Details
    Family, Lifestyle and Social Circumstances
    Employment Details
    Financial Details
    Goods or Services Provided

AUDIO/ VIDEO RECORDS

That'll be cctv and phone records then too. Wiii! How do they manage to monitor all this information and yet still provide a free service? It's a miracle!!!
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2009, 08:22:23 PM »

In the countries that are charged for accounts would the interest paid on deposits be higher by any chance ?

Sandy

Dont think so and wont be here.
HSBC have already mucked about with their interest payments and they are the finest bank about.

I got my charges back about 3 years ago before anyone knew about it.

Im surprised the banks have tried so hard to fight this as they will get the money back pretty quick whatever happens.

£25 per year for a standard account isnt far away

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2009, 09:16:17 PM »

LMAO #1, at all the people sticking up for the morally corrupt banks that screwed this country and pretty much the rest of the world.

LMAO #2, at all the people sticking up for the morally corrupt banks who we as the tax payer are going to be subsidising for the next few years.

I personally think that penalties are a necessity but as the law states these should fair and just.

Screw the banks they deserve what they get.

Ah! The element of surprise
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2009, 10:54:54 PM »

LMAO #2, at all the people sticking up for the morally corrupt banks who we as the tax payer are going to be subsidising for the next few years.

wp excellent, more reasons for the tax payer to have to subsidise them

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2009, 11:45:07 PM »

LMAO #1, at all the people sticking up for the morally corrupt banks that screwed this country and pretty much the rest of the world.

I personally think that penalties are a necessity but as the law states these should fair and just.

I read newspapers and believe everything i read, all banks are stupid and i own them now because i pay tax.

FYP

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2009, 01:21:38 AM »

Possibly one of the most backwards post of the year.

You do realise that the banks as such did nothing wrong?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2009, 02:02:43 AM »

so pissed off because of idiots that cant keep there bank accounts in the black and keep going overdrawn i am going to have to pay £10 a month

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2009, 02:53:27 AM »

The problem I see with modern banking is the personal touch is not there.  If an unemployed person toes overdrawn it's a huge amount to them andbtye way banks schedule and apply charges often leads to more charges with higher interest rates for the term you are over your limit .  Once upon a time you could have a quiet word with the bank manager and they would understand and help, these days a computer tells a printer "overdrawn" and out pops a £60 fine in the post to those that can not afford it .

Refund and restructure the charges system

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2009, 07:36:15 AM »

so pissed off because of idiots that cant keep there bank accounts in the black and keep going overdrawn i am going to have to pay £10 a month

Some people have been charged because a direct debit comes off early and their pay goes in the next day or so. If they were managing their finances but had no spare capital then that initial charge could be enough to start a huge spiral.

Not all cases of charges are because of a customer error.

It is a bit much for the banks to complain about customers not managing finances properly though given how much they had to get from the treasury to stay in business.

Sandy
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2009, 07:46:45 AM »

How about all the banks that didn't need help from the government can charge what they like, and all the banks that did have to pay all the charges back, give us great rates of interest, lend small businesses as much as they like and give first time buyers mortgages?

All we hear now is 'we bailed them out and now they won't lend us money/charge us stupid amounts'

Its ridic.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2009, 07:58:03 AM »

The competition commission would love that idea !!

Most of the lending talked about is small business and cashflow is pretty vital to existence for them. Many have had overdrafts and loans called in for no fault of their own and as a result the unemployment figures have gone up. Still it's not all bad for the banks since the unemployed can't pay their mortgage and they can add a few charges and get a few cheap houses.

Sandy
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2009, 09:38:28 AM »

Some people have been charged because a direct debit comes off early and their pay goes in the next day or so. If they were managing their finances but had no spare capital then that initial charge could be enough to start a huge spiral.

Not all cases of charges are because of a customer error.

It is a bit much for the banks to complain about customers not managing finances properly though given how much they had to get from the treasury to stay in business.

Sandy

in cases like that its already possible to get the charges refunded, but only if the direct debit was taken out earlier than scheduled

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2009, 10:41:16 AM »

Apart from breaking the law? These guys employ the very best lawyers. They knowingly ripped off customers and knew they were breaking the law in doing so. When you try to claw back charges, they defy you with 'You signed up to an agreement blah blah' but when you go to the Ombudsman or the Courts, in almost all cases (hundreds of thousands of them), the bank goes 'uhhhh ok now you mention it, you can have all your money back'. Why? Cos they know they took it illegally and the court would judge as such.

[X] Peeps would be better off if they kept their monies in the black and without default
[X] Most peeps could do this if they tried
[X] Peeps should read and try to keep to the contracts they sign with large institutions

[ ] Because they fail on the above the banks can operate above the law.

The law's the law.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2009, 12:30:35 PM »

Apart from breaking the law? These guys employ the very best lawyers. They knowingly ripped off customers and knew they were breaking the law in doing so. When you try to claw back charges, they defy you with 'You signed up to an agreement blah blah' but when you go to the Ombudsman or the Courts, in almost all cases (hundreds of thousands of them), the bank goes 'uhhhh ok now you mention it, you can have all your money back'. Why? Cos they know they took it illegally and the court would judge as such.

[X] Peeps would be better off if they kept their monies in the black and without default
[X] Most peeps could do this if they tried
[X] Peeps should read and try to keep to the contracts they sign with large institutions

[ ] Because they fail on the above the banks can operate above the law.

The law's the law.

Sorry my post was a fail.

I was referring to why they needed to be bailed out etc
It was nothing to do with the day do day banking side of things that we deal with.

They obviously cant operate above the law and that interpretation will be decided shortly.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2009, 12:36:45 PM »

How about the greedy people who spent money they didn't have sucked up their medicine instead of whining like little bitches?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: