blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 09:56:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272889 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  IMPORTANT - Changes at the blonde Cardroom.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IMPORTANT - Changes at the blonde Cardroom.  (Read 137588 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 01, 2009, 10:57:02 AM »

A quick update on where we are.

It's a bit of a shock to find we are being courted by so many organisatiions - 5 or 6 at the last count, & Rich is talking to an additional interested party today. We have not approached anyone, they have all come to us.

The proposals on the Table cover the full spectrum - another blonde "skin" (not on i-Poker), Super-Affiliate Site (the THM model as it were), plain multi-affiliate, & Forum only.

The preference - naturally - is a model that safeguards the jobs of Rich & Kev.

We should have a better feel for our way forward very soon.

The almost wholly constructive feedback on here has been wonderful, thank you.

And, again, a big up to my friends in the Industry, who have been so supportive.

We also have two aces up our sleeve - two industry individuals have told me many times, "if blonde ever gets in a hole, talk to me, I'd support it". We shall see - that would be last-chance saloon.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 11:48:50 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 01, 2009, 10:58:49 AM »

Top post there by Joe.

I shall go to the grave musing on why poker players are so trusting & gullible. That includes me, I hasten to add, as I've been done over a treat, including recently.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 01, 2009, 11:37:27 AM »

The preference - naturally - is a model that safeguards the jobs of Rick & Kev.

I knew Trigg was the mastermind behind everything!!

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 01, 2009, 11:49:26 AM »

The preference - naturally - is a model that safeguards the jobs of Rick & Kev.

I knew Trigg was the mastermind behind everything!!

Lolol. Amended now.

glorious

www.officepoker.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: December 01, 2009, 10:14:20 PM »

Wht has really taken me back is how many people have e-Mailed me to say they are about to start a new Skin on i-Poker. I had 4 such e-Mails, & for everyone who wrote to m to say that, I wonder how many did not.
Interesting times.

Yeah, I was also starting to think about this and iPoker seemed the easy option.

Obviously now I'll be holding fire to see how Blonde get on.

Really hope this all works out well for all concerned.

WWW.OFFICEPOKER.NET - tournaments by poker players, for poker players
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 02, 2009, 04:20:42 AM »

Lot's of good progress today, i can genuinely say i am very excited about the future of blonde.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: December 02, 2009, 04:50:29 AM »

Ah, the iPoker Network Policy.  The most recent incarnation is indeed a sight to behold.  Maths had always been a strong point of mine but I gave up halfway through reading it and will have to return to it later in the week.

As clarkatroid was saying, unfortunately Playtech have been somewhat forced into taking some drastic action to try and combat the rakeback cannibalisation in the network.  The ideal would naturally be that everyone played fair and stuck to a cap on "loyalty bonuses" etc. but this was never really going to happen.  Therefore they have come up with the "fine the shark pools and reward the fish tanks" idea.

Personally i'm not a fan, and after getting my head round the document will put my own thoughts across.  I actually quite like an idea that Jonas Odman from Bodog put forward recently as their new model to avoid rakeback wars on their newly launching network.  It is similar to what Playtech is doing, but just not as aggressive.  Basically the rake generated by players is redistributed according to their win/loss ratios.  Therefore a net losing player will earn the skin much more than a net winner, with the biggest winners actually earning very little for their skin "owner".

This avoids the unfortunate scenario that Blonde find themselves in, as there would be no fines and possibility for losing - winning players just wouldn't earn them very big profits.  Interestingly this also massively affects loyalty schemes, because effectively you wouldn't be able to offer much at all for the custom of a winning player.  In some ways it is like the Betfair changes that charge the most profitable traders for using their service.  In this Bodog model, the big cash game winners will be sacrificing loyalty rewards or rakeback in return for nice fishy games created by skins spending money on marketing to bring in the casual players that will earn them the most revenue.

I wish Blonde the best of luck in finding a suitable new partner.  Happy to chat anything through if you want another opinion, although Flushie did try that on the weekend but left it too late and i was too battered to say anything sensible  Smiley

havent read the whole thread yet but this is a fantastic idea, incentivising companies to actively signup fish and start a much healthier cycle.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: December 02, 2009, 04:55:46 AM »

I assume the fraudulent deposits lose their money ?

No, under the t and cs of the cards it is returned to them and the chargeback falls on skin or provider depending on contract

and ridic key point number 2

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: December 02, 2009, 05:04:09 AM »

someone pm me detail about kellet, i dont mind him and get along well/ hes always been fine 2 me, but want details.

810ofclubs

EPT Vilamoura!

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 02, 2009, 05:53:07 AM »

Lot's of good progress today, i can genuinely say i am very excited about the future of blonde.

sounds a lil bit gay imo

Jake Mfkin Cody lols
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 02, 2009, 01:16:45 PM »

someone pm me detail about kellet, i dont mind him and get along well/ hes always been fine 2 me, but want details.

fine to you as in letting you borrow his lappy for a bit?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 03, 2009, 11:28:10 PM »

For the record, whilst we hope our players will carry on business as usual until we leave in February at the latest, I got a deal done with IPoker that no blonde Poker player withdrawals from now on leave us subject to fines.

So, if you are a cash player and want to withdraw in the normal scheme of things but were concerned about the impact that might have, there's no need to be.

Here endeth the public service announcement.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: December 04, 2009, 10:34:52 AM »

So better to withdraw now or later - or simply no difference?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 04, 2009, 10:47:30 AM »

Why the hell do you care?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 04, 2009, 10:49:40 AM »

No difference as to fines

Obv prefer everyone to play as much as possible in the next few months, and not withdraw....but realistic that until people know what's going on there will be uncertainty

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: