blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:26:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272604 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  IMPORTANT - Changes at the blonde Cardroom.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IMPORTANT - Changes at the blonde Cardroom.  (Read 136183 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 01, 2010, 10:41:28 AM »

The shareholders are currently deciding on which of the options presented to them last week they are going to run with. News asap. Hopefully very asap

The current card-room closes mid month. News asap on what that involves, questions are with Aqua.

Thanks Rich, by shareholders are we simply taking of Tikay/Flushy/yourself (?), or was their minor stakes given to snoops/jen etc?

The major shareholders, Flushy and tikay. I'm not a shareholder, but work for them.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 01, 2010, 10:42:59 AM »

The shareholders are currently deciding on which of the options presented to them last week they are going to run with. News asap. Hopefully very asap

The current card-room closes mid month. News asap on what that involves, questions are with Aqua.

Thanks Rich, by shareholders are we simply taking of Tikay/Flushy/yourself (?), or was their minor stakes given to snoops/jen etc?

The major shareholders, Flushy and tikay. I'm not a shareholder, but work for them.

Slave.  Cheesy

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 01, 2010, 12:19:47 PM »

Just to clarify the reply to Chip Prince.

Yes, Flushy & I spoke at length again yesterday as to the decision we need to make, & some other complex blonde stuff. We never made a decision, but I hope we are able to today. The decision is not as easy as it may look, but at least we have a decision to make, & a choice of offers, so yay for that. I have to say, I'm findiing it all very stressful, it needs putting to bed before my head explodes. A dozen or so e-Mails go back & forth between us every day, & it's very wearing tbh.

And then we can tell you the story of these last 4 or 5 weeks. It's beyond belief, quite beyond rational thinking. The standard perceptions of how Online Networks work, & their lack of integrity, has been totally shattered in my mind. Buit that's a story for another day, & it would be wrong to tell it now.

Other Shareholders? Yes, snoops, Jen & Harry Demetrio all have small stakes in blonde. Together with my stake, however, they don't equate to 50%, so for the moment, the discussions have been confined to Flushy & myself, as we control about 85% of the Companies Shares, with Rich feeding us the Data & setting up the deals from which we make our decision.

Anyway, we hope to finalise our decision today.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 01, 2010, 12:56:28 PM »

I have to say, I'm findiing it all very stressful,

Is this because of the quality of the options available?  Or because of the personal preferences or differing risk acceptance/aversion profiles of those making the decision?

But that's a story for another day, & it would be wrong to tell it now.  In case we sign up with them.

Wink

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 01, 2010, 01:10:24 PM »

I have to say, I'm findiing it all very stressful,

Is this because of the quality of the options available?  Or because of the personal preferences or differing risk acceptance/aversion profiles of those making the decision?

But that's a story for another day, & it would be wrong to tell it now.  In case we sign up with them.

Wink

Only partially - there are other, very unseemly matters, that also need to be resolved. I've also had enough - more than enough - of the aggro that goes with it all, & I want the thing to settle down.

Motives for not telling the story now? As our old Mums used to say, when they denied us something. "it's for yer own good".......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 01, 2010, 02:49:18 PM »

did you ever notice when your mum was tired, you had to go to bed?  When she used to tell me it was for my own good, I similarly used to suspect that it wasn't Smiley

Not stirring the pot, (alright I am a little bit) and I'm genuinely interested and grateful that you have chosen to share the minutes of meetings, as I am sure others will be too.  From the 'shareholder's meeting' which was implied was 2 of you, I'm guessing therefore that either you and flushy have diametrically opposed stances and are on a fast track to stalemate, or the "unseemly stuff" is more complicated than imagined and is adding complexity to an otherwise straight forward business decision that the majority of sharp people (you and flushy included ldo) would be able to arrive at.

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 01, 2010, 03:15:07 PM »

If the blonde site is producing too many winning players why not remove the other links to major poker sites from the site. So when people (hopefully losing) join up they will not get the options to join the other major sites through blondepoker.com

Surely this will create more traffic to blonde.

Also have you considering targeting students? Maybe do some student freerolls. Students have alot of disposable income so its probs a good market to go down.

Just me
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 01, 2010, 03:25:13 PM »

If the blonde site is producing too many winning players why not remove the other links to major poker sites from the site. So when people (hopefully losing) join up they will not get the options to join the other major sites through blondepoker.com

Surely this will create more traffic to blonde.

Also have you considering targeting students? Maybe do some student freerolls. Students have alot of disposable income so its probs a good market to go down.

The simple answer is that advertising or sponsorships earn us money to cover our costs. Or did, most of the time.
In an ideal world the card-room would have earned us enough to be self sufficient and not promote third parties but it never has. So, needs must. Fortunately our traffic is heavy and attractive so we've usually had interest from others in our traffic.

Of our various solutions, some would be "exclusive" ie no other advertisers, some wouldn't be with different financial arrangements around that issue.

Students have a lot of disposable income? Oh!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 01, 2010, 03:37:07 PM »

Yeah.  They use the student loan money to go on the tear and play poker.  At least over here they do. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 01, 2010, 06:07:45 PM »

Yeah.  They use the student loan money to go on the tear and play poker.  At least over here they do. 

True but's that's usually done and dusted by Xmas.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 01, 2010, 07:01:25 PM »

the idea of freerolls is to get winning players a few dollars so they can win more and while winning give you a share of the rake
blonde were getting fined because the players were too good we dont need more

now if we could GTD that the students were losers then what the point of giving them free money for them to lose before they pay it back in rake
unless we can GTD they will deposit afterwards which is more than likely not going to happen as the ipoker software sucks

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 01, 2010, 07:42:48 PM »

iPoker at it again...sigh

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/my-160-000-win-ipoker-still-owe-why-ill-never-play-there-again-tl-dr-700172/

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 01, 2010, 07:49:44 PM »

the idea of freerolls is to get winning players a few dollars so they can win more and while winning give you a share of the rake
blonde were getting fined because the players were too good we dont need more

now if we could GTD that the students were losers then what the point of giving them free money for them to lose before they pay it back in rake
unless we can GTD they will deposit afterwards which is more than likely not going to happen as the ipoker software sucks

True but's that's usually done and dusted by Xmas.

Not all students are winning players.
In business nothing is GTD. I think you are thinking abit negativly.
Pretty sure that alot of students will redeposit when they get there other loan installments.

in the old vc days there free rolls was getting about 180 players doubt all of them are winning

Just me
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 01, 2010, 08:15:12 PM »

ipoker software sucks

compared to stars and tilt yes. it's better than a ton of other sites tho
Tuffster

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 01, 2010, 08:19:02 PM »

The shareholders are currently soon deciding on which of the options presented to them last week they are going to run with. News asap soon. Hopefully very asap soon

The current card-room closes mid month soon. News asap soon on what that involves, questions are with Aqua.

FYP.

Oh, sorry, wrong website  Grin

Insanity Takes it toll......

......Please have correct change.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: