blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:55:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 499979 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: July 22, 2014, 07:47:44 AM »

Look forward to it.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 22, 2014, 05:33:48 PM »

just laid one of the most redic winners in my life.  sp 4/1 i laid 4.6.  2-38 in the grade lifetime, nearly 6 years old and comes from last to first to get up on the line.  Run worse!  Maybe dogs improve at nearly 6!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 22, 2014, 10:02:21 PM »

just laid one of the most redic winners in my life.  sp 4/1 i laid 4.6.  2-38 in the grade lifetime, nearly 6 years old and comes from last to first to get up on the line.  Run worse!  Maybe dogs improve at nearly 6!

Lol

What was it? An A6?

Cheesy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 24, 2014, 06:44:54 AM »

The better half has decided she wants us to extended our holiday so it looks like I will not get to see the racing tonight, will try and get a few thoughts up and pop in and out during the night, looks like a great nights racing. Can't decided between Bubbly and Droopy, any thoughts Scotty? both have been fantastic over this distance at Hove, I think they are both unbeaten here, Droopys has more experience but Bubbly has been storming from in front or behind. Going to be a great race.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 24, 2014, 09:37:22 AM »

20:02 T1 Snappers Lad 7/4 NAP can be forgiven it's last race, got badly bumped and bulked all over the place, previous to that it only lost by a nk over a slightly shorter distance but was catching in the home straight and the race before it won C And D from start to finish. If he can sort his trapping out he wins, the owner is quietly confident, I think it goes off shorter than 7/4.

20:18 T2 Bubbly Gold 9/4 NB Not going to be easy at this stage but I think Bubbly will have enough class to see this through and beat Droopys Jarrow, although it has never gone from box 2 in a short career it has also never lost at Hove over this distance and can do it from the front or from behind. (Neither has Droopys Jarrow so someone is going to be disappointed) This will be a close race but I think Bubbly could easily be fav here so the price offers a smidgen of value to me.

20:34 T1 Forest Gavin 2-1, T3 Salad Dodger 8-1. Can see this being between T1 and T2 and I have already snapped up the 2-1 on Forest Gavin however I'm also having a saver on the derby champ, Salad Dodger, If 1 and 2 get caught up in a tussle then it could open up for another and at 8-1 I'll take a small interest on the Champ.

Normal T and C's : Punting for fun, more likely to lose than win.

The usual savers on all of scotty's if he gets a chance to put some up. Catch up later. Goodluck all.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 24, 2014, 09:51:08 AM »

Scotty, Droopys Ward clocked 29.81 yesterday at Shelbourn Park and is heading for the Irish Derby, Burton Lodge seem very pleased with it, have him priced at 66-1,  I've gone in and got restricted to £18 e/w, as low as 33-1 in places,  what do you think?
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 24, 2014, 10:26:50 AM »

http://www.racingpost.com/news/greyhounds/jarrow-can-grab-gold-in-sussex-cup-semi/1693602/top/

http://www.sportinglife.com/greyhounds/news/article/25018/9391525/greyhounds-preview-july-24
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 10:38:09 AM by Omm » Logged
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 24, 2014, 10:27:09 AM »

Scotty, Droopys Ward clocked 29.81 yesterday at Shelbourn Park and is heading for the Irish Derby, Burton Lodge seem very pleased with it, have him priced at 66-1,  I've gone in and got restricted to £18 e/w, as low as 33-1 in places,  what do you think?

I actually haven't had a chance to look at any of the Irish Derby stuff but on that time alone 66/1 is a bet. Shelbourne Park is sure to suit better than Wimbledon for Droopys Ward too. Will try and get a good look at the competition soon.

Looked at Hove yesterday, away to check prices and I'll put up thoughts shortly.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 24, 2014, 10:38:52 AM »

Racing post and Sporting life both like Farley's Champ at 8-1.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 24, 2014, 12:53:52 PM »

20:34 T1 Forest Gavin 2-1, T3 Salad Dodger 8-1. Can see this being between T1 and T2 and I have already snapped up the 2-1 on Forest Gavin however I'm also having a saver on the derby champ, Salad Dodger, If 1 and 2 get caught up in a tussle then it could open up for another and at 8-1 I'll take a small interest on the Champ.

I don't think we'll see trouble between 1 and 2, Forest Gavin should pace up best and Pedro will give him plenty room as he looks to take a step right from trap 2. The issue with Gavin is that there is no way he should have been picked up by Scolari last week with the lead he had. Droopys London was interesting me but so much pace outside him too. Interesting race. I think I'd prefer Forest Gavin of the two 2/1 chances but haven't made my mind up on it yet.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 24, 2014, 01:01:35 PM »

Coral are very very big some dogs tonight on oddschecker at hove.  Miles out of line with other firms when i had a brief look this morning.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 24, 2014, 01:27:31 PM »

Coral are very very big some dogs tonight on oddschecker at hove.  Miles out of line with other firms when i had a brief look this morning.

They're best price a few of the favourites but nothing too wild, maybe been hoovered up. 4/7 Evanta Evita and 15/8 Wee Tiger Tots are the only two they are top price alone about.

Think Chicago might be a NR.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 24, 2014, 01:37:17 PM »

I don't think we'll see trouble between 1 and 2, Forest Gavin should pace up best and Pedro will give him plenty room as he looks to take a step right from trap 2. The issue with Gavin is that there is no way he should have been picked up by Scolari last week with the lead he had. Droopys London was interesting me but so much pace outside him too. Interesting race. I think I'd prefer Forest Gavin of the two 2/1 chances but haven't made my mind up on it yet.

Gavin's my mates dog- had been off for couple weeks and needed run last week. Trainer seems pretty bullish- can google his website where he posts about his dogs
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 24, 2014, 01:41:42 PM »

From his website

"Forest Gavin was superb in his heat. Although he was beaten a short head in a photo finish I couldn't of been more pleased with him. Gavin hadn't run for 3 weeks as he's been off with a blood problem and a niggle in a shoulder but he flew from the traps and showed great pace before tiring badly coming home. He'll come on a bundle for the run and just needs to break level in his semi final to have a great chance of making the final. I think we're only just beginning to see the best of this dog.

We welcomed 3 of the next litter on from Gavin to the kennels during the week and they are wonderful looking animals. They are only Feb 13 whelps and have only been on the track a handful of times but they've already done some very good runs and we're delighted to have them join us. They wont be rushed though and will probably have a sprint in the next 3-4 weeks. We've one left in Ireland to come over who should join us soon."

I own 33% of the pups he is talking about in the second paragraph Smiley
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 24, 2014, 01:45:10 PM »

I was likely getting involved anyway, but that helps. Can't help but feel he's a 480 dog though.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: