blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:17:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 499353 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: September 10, 2014, 08:10:59 PM »

must be profitable backing it blind though because it wins it's share and usually goes off a massive price because no one thinks it stays but occassionally it will just hold on.

Definitely. I made this point earlier about it being a must bet when it gets to these prices in these fields.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 10, 2014, 08:13:38 PM »

Think Borna Karma is a good favourite but 16.5 for Twilight Mystery is where I'm going.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 10, 2014, 08:32:53 PM »

No excuses there Twiggy should have won from that position.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: September 13, 2014, 06:48:46 PM »

Irish derby Final tonight, PP have got evens for Laughlin Blake, odds on everywhere else and bf, worthy fav and should go off odds on, in the trap that it wants as the only wide runner, it's been trapping well and I can't see who beats it, if you fancy a short one and can get on with PP I think it's a bet at evens.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: September 13, 2014, 07:34:16 PM »

Irish derby Final tonight, PP have got evens for Laughlin Blake, odds on everywhere else and bf, worthy fav and should go off odds on, in the trap that it wants as the only wide runner, it's been trapping well and I can't see who beats it, if you fancy a short one and can get on with PP I think it's a bet at evens.

Cheers...done a mini PP run.

Blakey
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: September 13, 2014, 07:53:08 PM »

Cheers...done a mini PP run.

Blakey

So did I!!! Good luck us.
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 13, 2014, 08:12:32 PM »

Really like Blake Omm, two slow starters inside him so it looks like him and Ballymac to the corner.

Blake been carrying a wee injury so hopefully it don't flare up tonight.

Really like General Wolf later down the card, ideally drawn and has had a nice break.

GL
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: September 13, 2014, 08:53:13 PM »

Really like Blake Omm, two slow starters inside him so it looks like him and Ballymac to the corner.

Really like General Wolf later down the card, ideally drawn and has had a nice break.

GL

I'm on Wolf Micko a good luck as well, what/when did he fe this injury?
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: September 13, 2014, 09:43:12 PM »

Blake wins at 4/5f
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: September 13, 2014, 09:45:18 PM »

Blake wins at 4/5f

Lovely!.....thanks  thumbs up
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: September 14, 2014, 09:36:44 AM »

GL

I'm on Wolf Micko a good luck as well, what/when did he fe this injury?

Wolfe wins well Omm, I was on at 11/10 but I see he returned 4/6.

Blake had a metalcarpel injury, I noticed he ran off the last bend but just had enough to get over in front, possibly injured it again.

Hopefully he's ok as he's a terrific greyhound!
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: September 14, 2014, 07:18:30 PM »

After re watching the last heats of the greyhound Irish Derby I've got a little book together

Droopys Ward (ante post 66-1ticket)  33/1 think there is still value in this, 25-1 feels about right so I've top up. Is running well, likes The track by the looks of it and as long as he gets the inside as much as possible (t1 next heat) he is consistent enough to go far in comp. is drawn in Mind the Net's heat next up which if he wins the price will slash ( of course only has to qualify which I would expect both to do, can't back The Net at the price)

Laughil Blake 16-1, Ran the fastest time of the heats and looked very solid, think he should be a few points lower (12-1) so I'm happy to add him to the portfolio.

General Wolf 40-1, quite impressed with his latest run, look very strong, think the price available with 1/4 top 6 is certainly worth it, can see him getting to the final.

Borneo, 50-1, Thought his last run was good considering it was off late and he is know as bad at kennelling, went off at 9/4 and a few people reckon if he was up early he would have been odds on, if we take away the problem with the kenneling, the 50-1 with hills seems a bit ool so I'm happy to have a smaller bet on him.

Honour and Glory 125-1, didn't win it's heat, but I good second to an impressive General Wolf, he did have to check at the 3rd bend and the race was messy at the start, but he still has form in the locker which he has shown at Clomel. Happy to pick up the 125-1 as a nice looking outsider.

Good luck and will obviously re asses after the next round (have also put win only bets on bf if the price is considerably higher)

Hopefully Scotty will be putting a few up soon.  

4 of 6 through (H & G and Kereight King both despatched) not seen the races yet so can't say too much, however happy with a T1 draw for Droopys Ward. Can't say any of the heats are easy especially with the track playing a big part in what seems to be very fast. A few people I follow on twitter are a bit miffed at why Mind the Net is fav and also think Droopys Nidge not performing as well against older dogs, maybe a bit of an angle for laying in the coming rounds.

Droopys, Blake and Borneo through, gutted that Wolf is out. Going to look at the videos and see if anything stands out.

Sure you can still get involved Scotty, you have a knack for finding value via form. Be could if you could spend some time having a look.

How would you price up the last at Romford?

Done ok on the Derby in the end, Blake won @ 16-1, Borneo gets the each way part at 50-1, had Tyrur Sugar Ray as well which was second but had him win only at 20ish on BF. Overall not bad at all. Can't wait for next years English Derby.

The Leger is in November, plenty of racing before then but I'll be looking to put a nice book together. Any ideas yet Scotty?
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: September 17, 2014, 01:24:35 PM »

Dogs from Yarmouth on SS tonight, including the final of the EA Derby.

Southern Mesut has binked in the both 2nd round and semis since I said he is opposable over any sort of non-Romford 4 bends so it seems he may be getting stronger over these distances but I'm still opposing in the final as think he's susceptible against this top class field.

Rio Quattro looks to just not be fast enough with a lot of drama and Mesut could possibly clear him early anyway so I've ruled Quattro out and I think the draw looks to have done for 2013 Derby winner Sidaz Jack who would be prefer to be on the insider of SM and thus closer to the rails. There are certainly worse 16/1 shots about than Forest Gavin who can come away from trap 4, just as he did in the 1st round when beating SM at 5/2!, and the runner in trap 5 looks priced correctly as another outsider.

The preference is for Swift Keith in trap 6 - despite never having ran from the trap, and only once from trap 5 so this wide berth can be a negative but I think he can come out well and should have the pace to clear 4 and 5 and from there he can either turn in the lead (if the possible inside bunching happens) or he can turn handy where his strength and pace can be too much for the likely inside leader SM. He's generally a 7/2 shot in this, whereas I would have him at 3/1 (although pricing not my strong suit) but we can claim some 9/2 with William Hill.

Any Dak is worth a smaller bet in the 8:49. He won last year's EA Derby but exited in the semi-final this year - however this looks like an easier task. Ballygibbon King hasn't been coming away and that is a huge part of his game and he could give himself far too much to do if he breaks and paces like he has been at Yarmouth. Any Dak knows the track and we know what we're going to get from him but he's a bet due to my belief that Ballygibbon is too short. Will easily clear the two dogs on his inside and usually continues to pace up between 1 and 2 which should see him do for the potential threat of Mays King in T1. Looks probably the best priced dog in the race with the 11/4 available with Betfred.

My speculative one for the night is another trap 6 runner, this time in the 9:04, Tyrur Andy. Farley Rio is a good favourite, and essentially I'm not really taking him on as I just think Andy has a decent shot at the 8/1 with Coral (9/2 with PP). Tyrur Andy looks to go well at Yarmouth and I have him down as having a chance of leading the race, which is the crux of the bet. He may fly clear and on best form has 4 lengths or so on Rio over the significantly shorter 462m with clear runs so could build up a good advantage. This is obviously a step up in distance for Tyrur Andy so that's an unknown - with 575 at Romford the furthest he's went. Lots of ifs, buts and maybes so this is a very small bet.

8:49 - T6 Any Dak @ 11/4 Betfred/Tote - NB
9:04 - T6 Tyrur Andy @ 8/1 Coral
9:19 - T6 Swift Keith @ 9/2 William Hill - NAP

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 01:32:41 PM by scotty2hatty » Logged
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: September 17, 2014, 04:17:59 PM »

One more for tonight, this time from Romford. To Tone Charlie from trap 2 looks to be a good bet in the 9:24, at the price of 7/2 with Betfred and 888.

It's my belief that he's priced as such, and not shorter, because of his perceived inability to see out the 575m - which actually may be the case but I think he has the lengths on the clock against this field and draw to win. Shows good early over this trip and with Kay Gee Bee slower away in trap 1 he should get a nice pitch on the rails - from there we'll be looking for him to build up a big advantage and hold off late runs from the stronger runners. Kay Gee Bee, at 6/1, is actually the danger in my eyes as he may get a good pitch in behind on the rails and picked the selection up by a short head at the beginning of the month - To Tone Charlie went off at 7/4 that day against a similar field, whilst KGB was , so the 7/2 looks big against a similar field.

Would make this my NB of the day, as opposed to Any Dak.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: September 17, 2014, 04:44:38 PM »

You can not go changing your NB now FFS! Some of us have managed to get on your tips for once!! Wink

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: