blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:57:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  James "MC" Atkin: In the Well
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: James "MC" Atkin: In the Well  (Read 114343 times)
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 03, 2010, 06:32:40 AM »

Thanks everyone!

Apologies for the absence, things have been pretty hectic over Christmas, including me finally ended up proposing to my girlfriend on Christmas Day.

I'm moving house over the course of the next two weeks, but will get back to answering questions in a day or two...

Yes! Can't wait for the stag do. Buahahah.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 03, 2010, 08:05:58 AM »

We've been together quite a while
We've even got a little child
Living in sin is fun and that
But it's about time for a little chat

I've thought of a way to improve my life
How about you become my wife
If you say yes then we'll get hitched
If you say no then you're just a bitch

NH

Congrats James and all the best

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: January 07, 2010, 05:42:33 PM »

pretty sure mick stakes james into a few tournies and obv everything mick says is tongue in cheek.

Yeah exactly this. I met Mick a good few years ago in Luton, always got on well with him when we were on the same table and stuff but can't say I knew him all that well. I revamped my blog layout a few months ago and Mick liked it and basically asked if I'd help him out with his after he tried to make it look like mine (cheeky sod lol). Anyways, I helped him with that and we've become mates since then and done each other a few favours. He's ran pretty good when he's had a piece of me, he had 25% of me in the EPO and 70% in Galway, out of 4 tournaments. Was nice to bink for him in the side event because busting out of the €2k when he had paid the full whack didn't feel good, I guess that's a downside of effectively playing with other people's money!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: January 07, 2010, 05:45:15 PM »

wow your tunes are great!

Thanks dude Smiley

was in the mood then for some hip hop and found out that Derek B recently passed away aged 44. So sad. RIP.

the best in town

[ ] Thanks for the hijack
[ ] This was good music
[ ] This was good rap music
[X] Wink

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2010, 05:55:26 PM »

Wow, this thread is entertaining, great work MC.

I read your article on Poker News- how/when did you begin writing for them?

Thanks man. The new battle-rap legend that is my opponent Barry asked me to do a 'grinder column' a few months back. He's pretty cool about not giving me deadlines and stuff, I owe him a column right now so I should probs be using this small bit of time I've actually managed to get on the computer for over the last couple of weeks writing that instead of answering questions on here!

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: January 07, 2010, 06:09:36 PM »

How many football grounds have you been too?
I've seen disappointingly few Liverpool games in the flesh considering I'm a Liverpool fan. The number is bulked up by the ground tours I did when I did summer-football things that did a lil' field trip at the end when I was 12 years old or so. Most are from watching the mighty Lincoln City!

Seen a game:
Anfield, The Millennium Stadium, Villa Park, Bramall Lane, Sincil Bank, Field Mill, London Road Stadium

Tour only:
St James' Park, Goodison Park, Old Trafford, Nou Camp.

(Cliff notes: 11)

5 fave people to be trapped in a lift with for a month?
I'm thinking for sanity reasons it would have to be my girlfriend and 4 close friends. Her 2 sister's might make the shortcut. Patty and Selma they definitely aren't!

Hows the house insurance going?  Cheesy
Lol. Wp me telling Endsleigh I was a professional poker player and them deciding they wouldn't insure me. I risked it for 2 months, because I'm lazy more than anything. Just sorted out Insurance on the house I'm moving into to make it easier. I clicked the "unemployed" box this time, so no danger of them classing me as a professional sportsman I don't think!

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: January 07, 2010, 06:13:14 PM »

What's ur fav street fighter character?

I'm a little bit worried with your Street Fighter obsession! (http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=45238.0)

I guess Ken was a well used character, I might have chosen Zangief as he is a wrestler but I only ever managed the super-spinner piledriver thing about once.

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: January 07, 2010, 06:20:59 PM »

Uncomfortable reading, especially about the gaps in your memory. Do you ever worry you'll go back to the way you were before?

Yeah, I felt a little uncomfortable typing it all out, a fair few bad memories in there. Lol my memory sucks in general man, nothing to do with degen stuff, but a lot of this was a fair while a go and tbh I have tried to forget about a fair amount of it, or at least put it to the back of my mind.

I really don't worry about going back to the way that I was. I feel like I've learnt from my mistakes. I have zero compulsion to gamble. I can't really afford to be stupid anymore, my new family would weigh too heavily on my conscience, whereas before I only had to consider me. I've been so busy the last couple of weeks that I haven't played a hand of poker, and it hasn't troubled me in the slightest. I think many of us will have had to deal with being addicted to poker at some point, and perhaps this has been my downfall in the past. It looks like I'm the right side of this line, and perhaps that's a good place to be. I work too hard grinding out a nice profit these days to ever want to donk it off like I have before.

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: January 07, 2010, 06:22:51 PM »

Great post James, i am so very glad you agreed to do the well, thanks.

Thanks for asking me Wink 

The last In The Well was with JP, and winning a side event doesn't really compare to the year he's had!

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2010, 06:32:35 PM »

I'm sure this will come into the 'grinder' section, but with your new appreciation responsibility, bankroll management etc, what is your criteria for picking a live tournament to play (Including permission from her indoors)?

LOL, my girlfriend is pretty cool when it comes to playing tournaments. I have to say being away for 4 days in Vienna in October was kinda hard now we have Clark, so I'm a bit worried about what I'm gonna do when it comes round to World Series time!

I'll basically only play a live tourney if I fancy playing it, and if I have the spare cash around that isn't my online bankroll, or for general living expenses and shit. Atm I'm happy selling pieces to help me play the occasional bigger tournament, or if someone is willing to buy me in and it's a decent sized event, then that's cool. If I'm happy to write off that money, and I'm still comfortable in everything without it, then I'll play a tournament if I fancy it. I get the urge to play live every few weeks, but the variance compared to playing as much as I do online doesn't draw me towards wanting to play much more than I do right now...

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: January 07, 2010, 06:43:18 PM »

Hi james, pretty sure quite a few of us dabbled in that 20/40 nlh game on tribeca and no1 was even close to rolled for it, lol

Looking back at some of your mistakes now do your seriously regret anything or do you see it as though those experiences have moulded you into the player/person you are today?

sick well btw, :-)

Lol yeah, I doubt anyone except for perhaps Boycie/Clubber was really rolled for it!

I do strongly regret the super-tilt I went on after that downswing the night I came back from the Union drunk. I strongly regret ever playing any kind of pit game for any kind of money...I avoided it for so long and I don't know why I let myself get dragged into it.

However, I am a firm believer in the Chaos theory.

If I hadn't done these things which I seriously regret, I wouldn't be where am at now. Perhaps I'd be a wealthier poker player, perhaps I'd have gotten a degree and have a proper job, perhaps I'd be busto.

I don't mean to get all mushy, but I don't think I could have found any girl I'd rather be with than the one I've ended up with, and now we have the most awesome baby boy together. If I hadn't done these things I regret, we very likely wouldn't have ended up together. So in that sense I have no regrets because I have really fallen on my feet in that sense...

Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2010, 07:12:22 PM »

I've seen disappointingly few Liverpool games in the flesh considering I'm a Liverpool fan. The number is bulked up by the ground tours I did when I did summer-football things that did a lil' field trip at the end when I was 12 years old or so. Most are from watching the mighty Lincoln City!

Seen a game:
Anfield, The Millennium Stadium, Villa Park, Bramall Lane, Sincil Bank, Field Mill, London Road Stadium

Tour only:

I'm thinking for sanity reasons it would have to be my girlfriend and 4 close friends. Her 2 sister's might make the shortcut. Patty and Selma they definitely aren't!

Lol. Wp me telling Endsleigh I was a professional poker player and them deciding they wouldn't insure me. I risked it for 2 months, because I'm lazy more than anything. Just sorted out Insurance on the house I'm moving into to make it easier. I clicked the "unemployed" box this time, so no danger of them classing me as a professional sportsman I don't think!

pics please
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2010, 07:55:55 PM »

Seen a game:

Tour only:

pics please

Lol beat me to it!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
ZZZZZZZROPE

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2010, 01:54:06 AM »

left you a pm, get back to me pls
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2010, 09:47:44 AM »

Congratulations on the engagement fella

(assuming she said yes)

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: