blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:22:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Deal or no Deal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deal or no Deal  (Read 12318 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 04:55:10 PM »

The show puts me on life tilt, especially when the contestants believe there is such thing as a system and it's not just blind fecking luck.

Oh and Noel Edomnds needs a kick in the cock, never liked the smug git

that didnt rhyme at all

and it's 2 lines short

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
chrisbruce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 05:02:23 PM »

The show puts me on life tilt, especially when the contestants believe there is such thing as a system and it's not just blind fecking luck.

Your not applying then
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 05:04:24 PM »

that didnt rhyme at all

and it's 2 lines short

probably get him on, thinking outside the box(see what i did there)
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 05:19:51 PM »

Has to good news to say your a gambler/poker player,.......young girl today dealt at 15K with 250/75 still on the table at 8 box stage. Very boring.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 05:55:35 PM »

Has to good news to say your a gambler/poker player,.......young girl today dealt at 15K with 250/75 still on the table at 8 box stage. Very boring.

I actually don't think being a serious gambler gets you very far on the application because you dont see that many on the show, probably because they would bore the pants off everyone explaining why saying no deal was + ev.

Much better to say you dreamt you won £250,000, you have a great feeling about box 7 and you need at least £12,000 for a family trip to Australia.

Also why do they say 'I picked box 8 because its my mums birthday'? They always say shit like that and I always wonder if they mean like the 8th of the month or one of many days in august.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 05:59:13 PM »

Applied Cheesy

Prob got no chance but worth a shot. Not posting my poem cos it's crap but it did have the terms "Hey, yo!" and "monies" in it Smiley

Blue text
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 06:00:49 PM »

I actually don't think being a serious gambler gets you very far on the application because you dont see that many on the show, probably because they would bore the pants off everyone explaining why saying no deal was + ev.

Much better to say you dreamt you won £250,000, you have a great feeling about box 7 and you need at least £12,000 for a family trip to Australia.

Also why do they say 'I picked box 8 because its my mums birthday'? They always say shit like that and I always wonder if they mean like the 8th of the month or one of many days in august.

I actually talked myself up as one of the boring gambler types, explaining to them I'm a gambler but not by their definition of the word. You don't get many on there, but they do turn up occasionally, and attention is always drawn to them. I'm guessing they don't get a massive amount of applications down this road so thought it was worth a shot.

Blue text
chrisbruce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »

What happens if you actually get accepted for the show?

Is it true you get put up in a hotel in Bristol for a month until its your box.

The way I am running I could be on the show for a year without getting a shot at it.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 06:47:58 PM »

The way I am running I could be on the show for a year without getting a shot at it.

3 eps filmed/day so on average you're there for 7 days of filming. not sure how many days running they film but no way you're there for a month

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 07:01:48 PM »

found this on the interweb. Doesn't really make much sense - presumably if there was a significant break in filming you'd just go home for a bit 

Normally the makers of Deal or No Deal will film 3 shows a day over 5 days a week. Contestants are asked to commit to four weeks of filming.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 07:22:27 PM »

committing to 4 weeks isn't exactly the same as actually being there for 4 weeks though. let's them keep up the illusion that contestant choice is completely random if they tell you you could be there for 60 shows

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 07:49:49 PM »

Girgy, in the last week you've wanted people to give you money for a half hour walk, compile a list of your DTD results for you and now you want to go on a show where they give you money for nothing only you want someone else to fill in the application form.

You do realise being the laziest person on a poker forum is akin to being the most mentally unstable person on a Westlife forum.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 07:51:25 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 08:06:33 PM »

OK over under on how many people have just google searched for a westlife forum Cheesy

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 08:17:33 PM »

OK over under on how many people have just google searched for a westlife forum Cheesy

already in my favourites

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 08:19:18 PM »

3 eps filmed/day so on average you're there for 7 days of filming. not sure how many days running they film but no way you're there for a month

There's a local Liverpool poker player on there at the moment - Linda Blundell (plays womens tours and at Machester Riverside mainly) She was there for about 2 weeks, yes they do put you up in the hotel and every time someone wins a decent amount they put money behind the bar, so it;s pretty much a marathon drinking session. i think most of her family went down to stay with her during the time she was there.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: