blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:39:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2010
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010  (Read 84046 times)
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: October 12, 2010, 01:49:16 AM »

meh, recording it (and the next three scheduled programs on the same channel just in case)

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 12, 2010, 02:11:49 AM »

Ok nfl buffs, i know absolutely f all about nfl. Some how i'm through to week 6 in the nfl lms, a cool 1.5k for the winner. Who am i picking this week?

Already had -

baltimore
tennese
green bay
new england
new orleans
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 12, 2010, 12:40:42 PM »

I heart monday night football. rarely disappoints. cromartie is immense

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 12, 2010, 12:43:01 PM »

Ok nfl buffs, i know absolutely f all about nfl. Some how i'm through to week 6 in the nfl lms, a cool 1.5k for the winner. Who am i picking this week?

Already had -

baltimore
tennese
green bay
new england
new orleans

at a very quick glance I'd take pittsburgh

slightly tricky week as the truly awful teams have byes

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 12, 2010, 01:14:41 PM »

Cromatie was a real problem in San Diego, not the brightest and in personal hot water a lot

they let him go. What the Jets DB coach Dennis Thurman has done with him, and the development of Revis into the best around, is nothing short of brilliant

Remember the name, likely to be a head coach sooner rather than later.

to quote Wiki

Coaching career

He made his NFL coaching debut with the Arizona Cardinals, coaching defensive backs for two seasons (1988–89).

He is currently the New York Jets secondary coach and has been coaching with various teams since 1988.

Thurman was part of the Baltimore Ravens coaching staff from 2002 to 2008.

He coached from 1993 to 2000 for his alma mater, the USC Trojans where he mentored future NFLers Chris Cash, Kris Richard, Daylon McCutcheon, Brian Kelly and Troy Polamalu.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 12, 2010, 01:28:29 PM »

there were some shocking schoolboy clock management errors made by the jets last night. commentary highlighted sanchez/ryan's mistakes approaching 2 minutes but they didn't mention what I thought was the worst.

why the hell did lowery run his intercept in for a td? when you're leading a game with one minute left against a team with no timeouts you don't give them possession, just run out of bounds, let sanchez take a knee twice and it's game over. what if we'd missed the pat? then you're giving favre the ball in a one possession game

surely players should be aware of this or am I missing something?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 12, 2010, 01:31:19 PM »

Missing nothing, but a lot of the players simply aren't that bright!

My eyes are open wide
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 12, 2010, 01:34:00 PM »

the reason I ask if I was missing something is that the commentators didn't mention it

it was really annoying as I was celebrating the win and then watched us score so had to uncelebrate. it's really odd when your team scoring is a bad thing

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 12, 2010, 01:38:40 PM »

the reason I ask if I was missing something is that the commentators didn't mention it

it was really annoying as I was celebrating the win and then watched us score so had to uncelebrate. it's really odd when your team scoring is a bad thing

quite of few of these instances around

say you are losing by less than a score, say 24-20 with 3 minutes to go

You have 4th down and long, way outside FG range so FG and onside kick not a possibility

Instead of punting it, give away a safety by taking a knee in your endzone asap, lose two points

Get the ball back from the kick off with time to score 7 points and overturn a 26-20 deficit

Coaches never do it

My eyes are open wide
smileriraq

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 12, 2010, 02:48:42 PM »

Um think you misunderstand the rules

If you give away the safety you have to kick off the ball from your 20 yard line so you wont get possession straight away

Click to see full-size image.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 12, 2010, 02:51:45 PM »

Um think you misunderstand the rules

If you give away the safety you have to kick off the ball from your 20 yard line so you wont get possession straight away

damn that's right

I'm thinking of something like "concede a touchdown asap and get the ball back" then, when there is enough time to get the ball once, but not for both sides to get it

i.e you are losing 21-20 with 1 min to go, let them score - 28-20 down, score to take it to 28-28 (2 point conv)

or give them the ball and the clock runs down

My eyes are open wide
smileriraq

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 12, 2010, 02:57:24 PM »

I see what you mean but what will happen the team you "let" score will just run up and down the 1 yard line waiting to be tackled which will waste more time

Brian westbrook did it against Dallas (I think) a few years ago he could easily have scored but elected to stop shy at the 1 yard line and in the process killed lots of fantasy teams who had westbrook in their line up

Click to see full-size image.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 12, 2010, 03:05:14 PM »

I see what you mean but what will happen the team you "let" score will just run up and down the 1 yard line waiting to be tackled which will waste more time

Brian westbrook did it against Dallas (I think) a few years ago he could easily have scored but elected to stop shy at the 1 yard line and in the process killed lots of fantasy teams who had westbrook in their line up

I remember that

I'm not explaining it well, definitely have been instances of clock management by doing the opposite of the normal right thing- scoring points and not conceding points

My eyes are open wide
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 12, 2010, 03:11:21 PM »

Clock management/ mathematically correct decision making is deffo poor in the NFL. It is probably the one thing that people on here would be a lot better at, as poker players that kind of stuff is part of the game we play.

I often follow the games on 2p2 and they are constantly about this . Belichick is about the only one I see consistently make "good" decisions in these spots, like his famous "go for it" on 4th down last year against the Colts.

Strange it hasn't been looked at more by NFL teams as mathematical analysis in Baseball is a pretty big thing these days.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 12, 2010, 03:17:26 PM »

there's a case for taking the safety if you lead by 3, are on your own 1 yard line, the clocks nearly run out and you are playing into a strong wind where punting might give your opponent a fair catch in free kick range

a quick google tells me no-one's kicked a freekick successfully in the nfl since 76 though so I doubt this one's in coaches' minds too often

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: