blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:16:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 692042 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3165 on: September 18, 2014, 06:01:42 PM »

Blasted through season one of SOA. Think its pretty standard, but from what I hear season one is pretty forgetable but gets way better from this point on?

it's pretty good for american easy watching imo. nothing HBO quality though.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3166 on: September 18, 2014, 08:20:15 PM »

BTW if you havent started, the Leftovers on Sky Atlantic is amazing, first few episodes are ok, but then the final 6-7 are remarkable.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: September 18, 2014, 08:26:18 PM »

BTW if you havent started, the Leftovers on Sky Atlantic is amazing, first few episodes are ok, but then the final 6-7 are remarkable.

The trailer made it look like someone had bolted together bits of Lost, that show where all the electricity stops, Land of the Giants and that awful M. Night Shalaman Mel Gibson film.

As turn offs go, that's pretty much being accosted by a hairy, sweaty, overweight trucker in a tutu.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3168 on: September 18, 2014, 08:31:02 PM »

The trailer made it look like someone had bolted together bits of Lost, that show where all the electricity stops, Land of the Giants and that awful M. Night Shalaman Mel Gibson film.

As turn offs go, that's pretty much being accosted by a hairy, sweaty, overweight trucker in a tutu.

It is a bit like Lost, but the good news its based on a popular book and thus the plot has structure and limits. The acting is amazing. Plus there is boobs n swearing.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: September 18, 2014, 08:35:38 PM »

It is a bit like Lost, but the good news its based on a popular book and thus the plot has structure and limits. The acting is amazing. Plus there is boobs n swearing.

Just like in your book?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: September 18, 2014, 08:40:17 PM »

Used to love this on a Sunday before Bully.

maccol

View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: September 18, 2014, 09:23:19 PM »

Turn OFF you say?

Embracing the variance.
RichS

View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: September 18, 2014, 11:28:20 PM »

Coming to channel 5 in October
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5W52X9OTLQ
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: September 19, 2014, 02:43:10 AM »

Started watching Gomorrah.  Seems very good.  For those that like their TV a bit arty and with lots of symbolism etc (The Mad Men/Sopranos school I suppose) I thought the 3rd episode of this seasons Masters of Sex (think it has just shown in UK) was up there with the best.

Never thought a subtitled programme would be my must watch tv each week but abso love Gomorrah.

Means I actually have to put laptop down for an hour. Riveting.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: September 23, 2014, 10:55:02 PM »

True Detective news out today...

COLIN FARRELL AND VINCE VAUGHN CONFIRMED TO STAR IN THE SECOND SEASON OF HBO’S TRUE DETECTIVE;

JUSTIN LIN SET TO DIRECT FIRST TWO EPISODES

The eight-episode hour-long drama is set to begin production later this fall in California.

Logline: Three police officers and a career criminal must navigate a web of conspiracy in the aftermath of a murder.

The series is created and written by Nic Pizzolatto.

Justin Lin will direct the first two episodes.

Cast:

Colin Farrell as Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective whose allegiances are torn
between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him.

Vince Vaughn as Frank Semyon, a career criminal in danger of losing his empire when
his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner.

Additional casting will be announced as it is confirmed.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3175 on: September 24, 2014, 07:21:28 AM »

Hmmmmmmm

http://mashable.com/2014/09/23/vince-vaughn-colin-farrell-true-detective-twitter-reactions/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: September 24, 2014, 07:48:18 AM »

Wonder if Favreau will get a part?

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3177 on: September 24, 2014, 08:23:26 AM »

He should write it. Swingers is the best film ever made and Chef is awesome.

But seriously, people would have laughed at matthew mcconaughey and in the end it became a career role for him, so I think Vaughn might be ok.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: September 24, 2014, 08:28:03 AM »

He should write it. Swingers is the best film ever made and Chef is awesome.

But seriously, people would have laughed at matthew mcconaughey and in the end it became a career role for him, so I think Vaughn might be ok.

Haha, I watched that Chef the other day, and thought much the same.

I have always said McConaughey is decent, so had to put up with years of ribbing until the last year Cheesy

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: September 24, 2014, 01:08:06 PM »

hopefully they're speak a bit clearer than McConaughey and Harrilson did and I won't have to rewind vital conversations half a dozen time to pick out what they're saying Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: