blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:45:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 688697 times)
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: June 08, 2011, 09:45:41 AM »

what to watch next, done and liked,
Dexter
the wire
sopranos
breaking bad
sons of anarchy
entourage
treme

i dont do sci fi and game of thrones doesnt interest me so any ideas??

Agree with 6 feet under.

The Shield
Californication
Mad Men
Brotherhood
Rome

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: June 08, 2011, 09:53:21 AM »

Anybody watch the first couple of Angry Boys last night? - Chris Lilley of Summer Heights High fame back with some serious wrongness and brilliance in equal measure.

If you like Summer Heights it is a must, if you didn't you are mad.

Moonandback or anyone else, is Treme worth watching?  Have got it all stacked up on Sky+ but just can't make the leap.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 08, 2011, 09:53:36 AM »

what to watch next, done and liked,
Dexter
the wire
sopranos
breaking bad
sons of anarchy
entourage
treme

i dont do sci fi and game of thrones doesnt interest me so any ideas??

Don't waste another second. Get the Shield watched!!!! Makes the wire look like the teletubbies.

moonandback

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 08, 2011, 10:41:57 AM »

thanks for the suggestions watched 6 feet under when it was first on tv will be watching burn notice and the sheild next i think.

cheers
moon

its better that i have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 08, 2011, 10:42:54 AM »

Anybody watch the first couple of Angry Boys last night? - Chris Lilley of Summer Heights High fame back with some serious wrongness and brilliance in equal measure.

Moonandback or anyone else, is Treme worth watching?  Have got it all stacked up on Sky+ but just can't make the leap.

When where for Angry Boys?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: June 08, 2011, 10:49:22 AM »

When where for Angry Boys?

BBC3 10:40 Tuesday nights - repeated Friday I think.
2 episodes shown last night.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 08, 2011, 11:04:07 AM »

Game of thrones is like amazing! downloaded all the books so i dont have to wait to find out what happens Smiley
hector62

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 08, 2011, 11:25:14 AM »

I like Treme quite a lot, but the first series is better than the 2nd. I can quite understand that it is not everybodys cup of tea though. To enjoy it I think you need to prefer quality acting, with an excellent script and have an eclectic music taste. If its action you are after then avoid it like the plague.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 08, 2011, 01:52:48 PM »

Don't waste another second. Get the Shield watched!!!! Makes the wire look like the teletubbies.

The Shield looks like it was written by the Teletubbies in comparison to The Wire too......

moonandback

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 08, 2011, 04:12:41 PM »

I love treme Nakor, but i like that type of music (trad jazz etc) some very good acting too more character driven rather than action driven.
i forgot i would strongly recommend Generation Kill too very very good HBO show about the iraq war and i don't like war films as a rule.

its better that i have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 08, 2011, 07:36:50 PM »

yeah, generation kill is amazing

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 09, 2011, 01:37:44 AM »

Just finishing up Treme and it is excellent.  I enjoyed the first couple of series of The Shield but to compare it to The Wire is a bit like comparing a Jeffrey Archer novel to Catcher in the Rye.  Something worth a look if you have never seen it is Our Friends in the North.  Quite old but imo one of the best dramas ever made by the BBC.  My next project is Heimat....subtitles will be a bit of work but I am hoping it is going to worth the effort.  Anyone seen it?

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 09, 2011, 07:42:21 PM »

anyone watching shadow line? 7 part series on bbc2, on tonight, all old ones on the iplayer and also eztv.

it's a bit patchy, some of the dialogue is lolterribad and the bbc seem to have a max budget of £500 per car even tho it's a show about big time drug dealers and tbh it's not up there with the best american stuff BUT there's a mysterious character called gatehouse who is fantastic and he was in a scene last week that was breathtaking and now we're getting towards the end it's becoming pretty fking excellent. well worth a watch imo

hector62

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 09, 2011, 10:18:47 PM »

anyone watching shadow line? 7 part series on bbc2, on tonight, all old ones on the iplayer and also eztv.

it's a bit patchy, some of the dialogue is lolterribad and the bbc seem to have a max budget of £500 per car even tho it's a show about big time drug dealers and tbh it's not up there with the best american stuff BUT there's a mysterious character called gatehouse who is fantastic and he was in a scene last week that was breathtaking and now we're getting towards the end it's becoming pretty fking excellent. well worth a watch imo

Yes. I am up to part 5 now and it is good. Generally if you watch shows with Christopher Eccleston in them then they are pretty good.

Another US  police show that is really good is "The Killing". It is based on the Norwegian show called Forbydllsen, or something like, that which i have not seen but once this series is finished I am going to watch that.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 10, 2011, 06:05:06 PM »

Yep I think it has been really good so far and the scene last week between Gatehouse and Glickman was truly superb.  Gatehouse has to be up there with Omar from The Wire as one of the best characters in recent years.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: