blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:37:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 684479 times)
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: September 22, 2011, 11:22:27 PM »

Big night tonight with the season premieres of the Office and Mentalist 

Dont read below if you dont want mentalist spoilers

.....................................................................................
.....................................................................................

I presume that wasn't really Red John who got shot. I called that Van Pelts fiance was a baddie. Any theories on who RJ really is?

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 22, 2011, 11:31:52 PM »

Not really sure, I know that starts with Jane in the nick and that's all I've read. I don't really want to delve too far unless I find something out I don't reall want to know.

I think you're right and it wasn't RJ that Jane ironed out at the end of last season though.....

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #677 on: September 23, 2011, 10:48:11 AM »

Another good episode of Philly, they are really taking it to the extremes so it wont suprise me if we see some very good, and some very bad, episodes in the coming weeks.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 23, 2011, 11:50:28 AM »

Another good episode of Philly, they are really taking it to the extremes so it wont suprise me if we see some very good, and some very bad, episodes in the coming weeks.

1 more week til i get my tinters sorted then i am bang on this. 2 episodes! cant fcking wait!

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #679 on: September 23, 2011, 01:38:54 PM »

Office was decent too
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 23, 2011, 02:01:33 PM »

Any chance of a review of mentalist from series one please.

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing any of it yet so may d/l later and get on it.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 23, 2011, 03:51:20 PM »

The main character is Patrick Jane who works as a consultant for the police department  in California. He used to work as a psychic on television which ironically he has no belief in whatsoever and denounces anyone who claims to have psychic powers from the off.

Each episode involves a case which he helps solve using his exceptional powers of observation. The backstory is of his crusade to catch Red John a serial killer who killed his wife and daughter after he profiled the guy for the police and it was made known on tv he had done so. The killing was a revenge for him doing this by Red John. He then quit the tv game and joined up with the police to try and get justice.

Great show albeit the standard procedural where they get the killer of the episode crime but continue to be eluded by Red John. Jane is really funny albeit unintentionally and the characters all work pretty well together imo.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 23, 2011, 03:58:30 PM »

Going to try out Eastbound and Down later, supposed to be quite good.  It's about an old baseball player who goes back to coaching kids.   Good reviews on imdb.

Eastbound and Down is brilliant - enjoy.

can someone explain where the show's name comes from please?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 23, 2011, 04:07:29 PM »

Going to try out Eastbound and Down later, supposed to be quite good.  It's about an old baseball player who goes back to coaching kids.   Good reviews on imdb.

Weren't they part of the lyrics for Smokey and the Bandit?

"Eastbound and down......  do be do be da da....."

"We're gonna do what they say can't be done........"

No help for your question but you've put the tune in my head for the rest of the day Smiley

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 24, 2011, 12:16:11 AM »

abs loved this ep, so, so good

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #685 on: September 24, 2011, 09:39:29 AM »

Weren't they part of the lyrics for Smokey and the Bandit?

"Eastbound and down......  do be do be da da....."

"We're gonna do what they say can't be done........"

No help for your question but you've put the tune in my head for the rest of the day Smiley

It is help for his question - that's exactly where it comes from.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #686 on: September 24, 2011, 09:42:12 AM »

Idiot Abroad was brilliant last night, I think the bucket list concept might actually be a much better format than the previous series.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 24, 2011, 10:35:10 AM »

It is help for his question - that's exactly where it comes from.

so why is the programme called that?

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 24, 2011, 10:36:30 AM »

yesterday I watched new eps of breaking bad, the office, big bang theory, always sunny and an idiot abroad. it was like televisual heaven

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 24, 2011, 06:23:51 PM »

yesterday I watched new eps of breaking bad, the office, big bang theory, always sunny and an idiot abroad. it was like televisual heaven

Shame Breaking Bad is almost done again and next season is the last one it would appear Sad

Love Kaley Cuoco but just couldn't get on with the show, I've not watched Idiot Abroad yet but will have to dl it as everyone seems to love it. Office was com and I'm looking forward to seeing how the season plays out.

Watched first ep of Mentalist last night and it was solid as always setting things up nicely.

Just about to watch first eps of Blue Bloods and Fringe with a nice bag of popcorn so I feel like I'm at the cinema Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: