blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:55:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 303 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 684880 times)
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4470 on: July 25, 2018, 05:30:37 PM »

Probably the best, most comprehensive, warts & all documentary I’ve seen on the subject of Viet Nam: a 10 part Netflix series, with each episode at least 100mins.

No holds barred, you (& the US Administration) can see that it’s going to be an unwinnable shitfest of a conflict right from the outset. It’s compelling stuff, though, and you’ll see actual footage from all of the biggest battles that have found their way to the movie screens. The NVA & VC are generally portrayed as heroes, although they too were guilty of war crimes - not as bad as My Lai, however - and had their own internal political disagreements going on. Nonetheless, notwithstanding the plight of the average American footsoldier, you find yourself feeling glad that the North prevailed, since the South Vietnamese leadership was largely responsible for the war: the Americans simply backed the wrong side.

Pretty much all the talking heads were participants, and each add a further dimension to the piece.

Now, after being immersed in this for the last week or two, I’m looking for a little lighter viewing 😐
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: July 25, 2018, 08:00:14 PM »

Alone Season 5 (Alone Retribution) has started on History in US but cannot find any indication of start date on History UK.  Anyone know if it has started over here and I have missed it?  Or if its not started, when it does?
Thanks in advance.

Can stream it on various, think I use fmovies

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4472 on: July 25, 2018, 09:27:02 PM »

Alone Season 5 (Alone Retribution) has started on History in US but cannot find any indication of start date on History UK.  Anyone know if it has started over here and I have missed it?  Or if its not started, when it does?
Thanks in advance.

Can stream it on various, think I use fmovies

6 Episodes in so far.I use eztv to torrent it. (proxy)

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: August 05, 2018, 06:48:36 AM »

Alpha Go on Netflix, just wow, one of the best documentaries I have ever watched. Without putting any spoilers it’s about a team of people who built an AI To self learn Go and see if it could beat humans. Eventually went up against the best professional Go player in the world. The range of emotions I had throughout flipping between man and machine and vice versa.

Highly recommend watching this. Best 90 mins of television in a while.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: August 05, 2018, 06:35:18 PM »

Alpha Go on Netflix, just wow, one of the best documentaries I have ever watched. Without putting any spoilers it’s about a team of people who built an AI To self learn Go and see if it could beat humans. Eventually went up against the best professional Go player in the world. The range of emotions I had throughout flipping between man and machine and vice versa.

Thank you for this, agree, absolutely amazing. A perfect Sunday afternoon watch.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: August 05, 2018, 09:02:43 PM »

Thank you for this, agree, absolutely amazing. A perfect Sunday afternoon watch.

Yep, really good watch, wish i knew more about the game to appreciate3 it more

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: August 15, 2018, 10:14:52 PM »

Last Chance U Season 3 on Netflix. Top-rated docu-series about high school American football. Really well put together, love this show.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: August 16, 2018, 04:16:21 AM »

Just atched Bruce Willis' Comedy Central Roast, and thought it was pretty funny.

Some close to the knuckle stuff in there, lol.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: August 26, 2018, 10:32:45 PM »

Bodyguard on the Beeb

Just what I expect from Auntie:

6-parter began tonight. Gripping from beginning to end. Excellent script, cast, direction and score. Reserving view on overall subject matter, but I'm fully invested after episode one.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4479 on: August 27, 2018, 10:39:30 AM »

Bodyguard on the Beeb

6-parter began tonight. Gripping from beginning to end. Excellent script, cast, direction and score. Reserving view on overall subject matter, but I'm fully invested after episode one.

Railway station scenes filmed at my home town.

im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: August 28, 2018, 05:18:23 PM »

Bodyguard on the Beeb

Thanks for the rec bud, really enjoyed the first two episodes.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: August 28, 2018, 08:17:24 PM »

Bodyguard on the Beeb

Thanks for the rec bud, really enjoyed the first two episodes.

After having had a pretty horrendous day so far - and it's not all done yet - this post has cheered me up. Thanks bobby.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: September 02, 2018, 08:40:34 PM »

Really looking to Mayans MC, the Sons of Anarchy spinoff. that starts this week. I hope it is not a let down after all the hype and the brilliance of the show it stems from.

Also, season 13 of the incomparable It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I am yet to watch an episode of this that doesn't make me howl.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: September 02, 2018, 08:43:23 PM »

Season 2 of Ozark just dropped, so that's me sorted for this week.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4484 on: September 02, 2018, 09:10:16 PM »

Season 2 of Ozark just dropped, so that's me sorted for this week.

thumbs up

Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 303 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: