blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:46:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272631 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177943 times)
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2010, 07:02:27 PM »

Best thread on blonde at the moment.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
trafficjam

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2010, 11:36:36 AM »

Keep up with the updates Laxie. I always check em out, they are great 

This is the first thread I look at, it's like an irish version of neighbours. 

lol it is great, the energy of your household reminds me of when my children were young. Great thread Laxie.

I must refrain from falling in love with my hole cards!
Digger

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »

Best thread on blonde at the moment.

+1

'Some people think football is a matter of life and death....I can assure them it's more important than that' - Bill Shankley
'I am the greatest' - Ali
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2010, 05:32:45 PM »

Wow!  Thanks everyone!  Makes it all worth while when I find out a few are enjoying it now and then. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2010, 06:02:23 PM »

Swerved the team meeting last night.  Get in there!!!  Phew.  It was a close one though.  Sarah remembered, I went on strike as I couldn't bluff the sicky (poker player me eye) and she'd conned her father into carrying her.  But as it turns out, even Timothy swerved.  Luckbox.  A group of her friends landed 10 minutes before she was due to head out asking her to join them on a run about around the village.  She flipped an imaginary coin in her head and off she went with the crew. 

Amazing how something soooooo important one minute, becomes a non-issue the next.  Have stored last night's coin flip for next time she insists something is that important.  I do that with all 3 kids.  It's good for one 'get out of jail free' card at a later date which I will happily utilise.  In turn, she will make damn sure I carry her to wherever it is the next time.  And round and round we go.

Today I went to lunch with friends and ran a few errands.  Cassie and Lily looked really comfortable and I didn't have the heart to put them out the back yard.  They'd no real need anyway as we'd already had our morning jaunt in the field.  So I left them to it in the house and off I went.  But I forgot to put a chair in front of the fire guard before leaving.  Yep...you know the rest of the tale...................

Lily strikes again!!!

Click to see full-size image.

Sigh.  There was rubbish and ash all over the kitchen and hall floors when I walked in the door.  Cassie was exactly where I'd left her earlier...thrown down in the sitting room.  Lily was missing in action.  She'd thrown herself down on Brian's bed and was quite pleased with herself.  A few mumbled expletives later as I swept the place up...she called in to find out exactly how much trouble she was in.

Click to see full-size image.

Another hosing down awaits.  I've the kitchen and hall swept and mopped.  Dinner is done and dusted too.  Just building up the motivation now to drag her out the back for her washing.  Will chance my arm asking the kids if they'd like to do it.  Just have to figure out how I'm going to sell the idea.  All going well, they'll land with a bunch of friends.  Peer pressure isn't always a bad thing.  Another day down. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2010, 09:29:55 AM »

Today my youngest officially hits teen status.  Yep.  Sarah is 13.  Where does the time go?  

We moved to Ireland on June 15, 1996.  We'd a rental house arranged before we ever made the move, but Michael decided not to tell us it wasn't ready for us yet.  Well, not until we landed with our two wee kids at Shannon airport.  That's when he broke the news.  We'd be staying with the in-laws for the foreseeable future.  

At first, we were told it would only be two weeks.  In the end it took six weeks.  They weren't used to my mad Yank ways yet and I wasn't used to the reserved Irish Catholic ways of his parents.  It was a long six weeks for all...after what had already been a very long year.  

Brian was 4 at the time and Sinéad was only 10 months.  I'd been diagnosed with thyroid cancer while pregnant with Sinéad, so it was a pretty stressful last year in America.  Sinéad was born just in time to have the op and radio treatment before it spread, and by May of '96 I was given the all clear.  Living in New York City is great when you're young and single, but not the best way to go about life with two young kids and health issues, so off we went to Ireland.  

When we first arrived, it was more like a holiday.  Everyone just kicking back getting used to each other and the area, meeting up with the locals.  That sort of thing.  Was during our stay with the in-laws that I became pregnant with Sarah.  I'm late for just about everything else in life, but when it comes to 'that' I'm on time to the minute, so when I'm late I know the score.  Off to the doctor (just for official confirmation) and sure enough.  

Headed back to the in-law's house where they were making the brekkie.  They'd spent the first couple of weeks saying we'd enough in two children.  No need to have more.  Not like it was in the old days.  And on and on it went for the first few weeks.  We were now into week six of our stay and just about to move to the rental when I had to sit down at the brekkie table and break the news.  Timothy was gone to work, so it was all up to me.  Now THAT was a fun chat!  Wasn't hard for them to do the maths and figure out where she'd been conceived either.  

The in-laws call her the Irish baby, for obvious reasons.  I call her my 'container baby' because we'd only just received the container of furniture we'd shipped from America.  Sarah doesn't mind the title.  She giggles about it, thank God.    

In the end, Sheila and Michael adore all three kids, but Sarah is their shining star.  She heads to their house even now for sleep-overs at least once a month just to hang out with them.  The three of them watch the telly and snack on late night pizza while having the chat.  They take her shopping and she helps with their yard work.  And they're delighted I never listened to their advice way back when.

Sooooooooooooooooo......................
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 04:01:21 AM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2010, 09:31:02 AM »

disco disco

Happy Birthday Sarah!!!  Hope you have a fantabulous day Chicka!!!  xx

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2010, 09:45:37 AM »

Have a great day Sarah!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 21, 2010, 09:49:34 AM »

Happy birthday Sarah

Great thread Laxie.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 21, 2010, 10:06:30 AM »

I know you mentioned previously that Sarah reads this, so Happy Birthday Sarah. Biggest advice would be to enjoy your years at school, I know everyone probably tells you this and you're sick of it being rammed down your throat but trust me (a 21 year old) being at school is the best time of your life.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 21, 2010, 11:18:16 AM »

Superb stuff this Laxie,

well done hun

If Carlsberg done homes for dogs.........................
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: April 21, 2010, 11:25:10 AM »

Today my youngest officially hits teen status.  Yep.  Sarah is 13.  Where does the time go? 

We moved to Ireland on June 15, 1996.  We'd a rental house arranged before we ever made the move, but Michael decided not to tell us it wasn't ready for us yet.  Well, not until we landed with our two wee kids at Shannon airport.  That's when he broke the news.  We'd be staying with the in-laws for the foreseeable future. 

At first, we were told it would only be two weeks.  In the end it took six weeks.  They weren't used to my mad Yank ways yet and I wasn't used to the reserved Irish Catholic ways of his parents.  It was a long six weeks for all...after what had already been a very long year.   

Brian was 4 at the time and Sinéad was only 10 months.  I'd been diagnosed with thyroid cancer while pregnant with Sinéad, so it was a pretty stressful last year in America.  Sinéad was born just in time to have the op and radio treatment before it spread, and by May of '96 I was given the all clear.  Living in New York City is great when you're young and single, but not the best way to go about life with two young kids and health issues, so off we went to Ireland. 

When we first arrived, it was more like a holiday.  Everyone just kicking back getting used to each other and the area, meeting up with the locals.  That sort of thing.  Was during our stay with the in-laws that I became pregnant with Sarah.  I'm late for just about everything else in life, but when it comes to 'that' I'm on time to the minute, so when I'm late I know the score.  Off to the doctor (just for official confirmation) and sure enough. 

Headed back to the in-law's house where they were making the brekkie.  They'd spent the first couple of weeks saying we'd enough in two children.  No need to have more.  Not like it was in the old days.  And on and on it went for the first few weeks.  We were now into week six of our stay and just about to move to the rental when I had to sit down at the brekkie table and break the news.  Timothy was gone to work, so it was all up to me.  Now THAT was a fun chat!  Wasn't hard for them to do the maths and figure out where she'd been conceived either. 

The in-laws call her the Irish baby, for obvious reasons.  I call her my 'container baby' because we'd only just received the container of furniture we'd shipped from America.  Sarah doesn't mind the title.  She giggles about it, thank God.   

In the end, Sheila and Michael adore all three kids, but Sarah is their shining star.  She heads to their house even now for sleep-overs at least once a month just to hang out with them.  They three of them watch the telly and snack on late night pizza while having the chat.  They take her shopping and she helps with their yard work.  And they're delighted I never listened to their advice way back when.

Sooooooooooooooooo......................

Quality writing this Dawn. More "Life" stuff please.

The older I get, the better I was.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 21, 2010, 12:04:04 PM »

Happy Birthday Sarah..xx

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 21, 2010, 02:39:42 PM »

Quality writing this Dawn. More "Life" stuff please.
+1

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 21, 2010, 02:40:43 PM »

Happy Birthday Sarah!

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: