blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 10:25:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272629 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177897 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 29, 2010, 02:46:40 PM »

I'd intended to discuss it with Rookie first if that's ok and will think of an appropriate title when I have time later today - provided he's cool with it.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 29, 2010, 02:55:07 PM »

May I suggest "Laxie Through The Looking Glass".

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 29, 2010, 03:00:11 PM »

I love it!!!  That'll do grand.  Cheers Ralph!  xx

Will just have a quick word with Rookie to make sure it's ok before I ask the mods to help us out here.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: April 29, 2010, 03:11:55 PM »

I love it!!!  That'll do grand.  Cheers Ralph!  xx

Will just have a quick word with Rookie to make sure it's ok before I ask the mods to help us out here.

dawn, i know for sure rooks will have no objections whatsoever, we discussed it the other night.

by the way i love the new title suggest by ralph  thumbs up

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 29, 2010, 03:15:22 PM »

I love it!!!  That'll do grand.  Cheers Ralph!  xx

dawn, i know for sure rooks will have no objections whatsoever, we discussed it the other night.

by the way i love the new title suggest by ralph  thumbs up

I'm sure he won't Paul, but I made a promise to deal direct with him so I'd prefer to keep my promise.  Don't worry.  It'll be sorted soon enough.   Wink
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 06:06:45 PM by TightEnd » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 29, 2010, 06:07:07 PM »

Laxie through the Looking Glass

as requested.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 29, 2010, 06:33:37 PM »

Spoke to Rookie and all is sorted as agreed - with a wee addition to the original post in case newcomers get confused.  Cheers all for working it out so fast!

Now then...where was I?  I'd a proper good 'un planned for today but me brain is mush now.  Woke at OMG a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep.  That's when I thought of whatever it was and I should have just posted it then.  Had me giggling away at the time.  Damn!  I really wish I could remember what it was.  Ah well, you'll just have to trust me...was a good 'un.   

As for the dogs?  Cassie and Lily are doing great as always.  Sinéad and Sarah swapped bunks the other day.  Sinéad loves her sleep and she's too tall to be sharing her bed with the dogs, so she's on the top bunk now.  Sarah loves sharing the space, so everyone's happy.  Cassie is usually first to join her.  Lily needs help getting into the bed so if she's not keen when Sarah goes up, she misses out. 

Once the kids head off to school, Lily usually heads upstairs to the bed and I help her up.  Cassie stays downstairs with me which works out perfect for our new dog walking system.  At some point during the day while Lily is sound asleep upstairs, Cassie and I sneak out for a proper run in the field.  She tears around the place and does her thing until I'm sure she's good and worn out. 

When Sarah lands home from school, she takes both dogs on the leads for a walk around the village.  This way Lily gets a walk - minus the running - and they all get to hang together with some of Sarah's friends.

I've the special collar ordered, so we'll give it a go when it lands and report back on it after a few days trial.  We all miss watching the pair of them running in the fields together, so it would be absolutely BRILLIANT if it helps her!

That's the latest for the minute...until I can rattle me brain and come up with what had me giggling so much.  Or think of another tale to tell.  More than likely the latter, as rattling this old brain could be dangerous for it's health. 

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 29, 2010, 06:49:47 PM »

That's better, Ralph, great suggestion for title. After all Lax, it is about you, your family and your dogs. I enjoy it. Keep it up please.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 06:51:45 PM by The_nun » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 30, 2010, 02:07:45 PM »

Free tip for your day -

1)  Rice may be small, but when washed down the drain in bulk...it WILL clog your drains.

2)  If you serve rice at a later date, please do yourself a favour and refer to rule number 1.

This has been a public service announcement.  No need to thank me.  Sigh.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 30, 2010, 02:22:57 PM »

If your dog gets in to your cupboards he won't be aware of how much a large box of dry oatmeal expands once eaten.

He is therefore likely to not move for 3 to 4 days.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 30, 2010, 02:24:53 PM »

If your dog gets in to your cupboards he won't be aware of how much a large box of dry oatmeal expands once eaten.

lol gg ronnie

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 30, 2010, 03:13:33 PM »

ZOMG!!!  Is he ok?!

The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: April 30, 2010, 05:50:27 PM »

1)  Rice may be small, but when washed down the drain in bulk...it WILL clog your drains.

How many times is that now -- LOL

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 30, 2010, 06:02:10 PM »

How many times is that now -- LOL

I know.  I know.  Sigh. 

At least you swerved having to help clear it this time.   

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 04, 2010, 12:47:34 PM »

more please!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: