blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:14:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272631 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177938 times)
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 02, 2010, 09:27:28 PM »

Nice one Paul & Rookie

Good luck Laxie. I'm sure Cassie will make a full recovery.

^^ THIS ^^

and Get well soon Cassie!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 02, 2010, 09:28:24 PM »

SinĂ©ad just showed me this video and said there's hope for Cassie yet.  

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 02, 2010, 10:09:08 PM »

Nice one Paul & Rookie

thumbs up

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 02, 2010, 11:01:16 PM »

Nice touch rookie and Paul, glad she is going to be ok!

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: June 02, 2010, 11:21:59 PM »

Nice touch rookie and Paul, glad she is going to be ok!

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 02, 2010, 11:24:41 PM »

Nice one Paul & Rookie

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 03, 2010, 11:34:59 AM »

Just off the phone with the vet.  Cassie's had a good night and is in good form this morning too, all things considered.  He's operating on her later this afternoon and is going to ring me once he's finished.  Will post as soon as I hear anything, but sounds like she'll be back home with us on Saturday!!! 

Sooooooo can't wait to have her home again.  That first night without her was unreal.  I kept waking up and would see the black stove across the room and think it was Cassie for a split sec.  Then I'd proper wake up and realise she wasn't there.  Will be nice to have her there again. 

The girls have gone off shopping with their Irish grandparents, Brian is studying for his final exams and Lily and I will mostly spend the day hanging out.  The mood has deffo picked up in this house. 

Thanks for all the good wishes and messages over the past couple of days everyone.  Really have meant more than you know.  xx

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 03, 2010, 01:11:41 PM »

Nice one Paul & Rookie

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 03, 2010, 08:12:23 PM »

The vet just phoned and the op was a success!!!  He reckons she can deffo come home on Saturday and the stitches are to come out in 10-12 days.  She's had a plate put in and new post op xrays to show the job done which we'll see when we go in.  I wanted to visit her tomorrow but he's said to let her have the day's rest and we can see her when we collect her Saturday.

She'll only be allowed out the back yard for fresh air and potty breaks to start.  No walks of any sort for about 2 weeks.  Then gently does it after that.  They've it wrapped at the minute and she'll come home with it wrapped a bit, but he's said it's ok if it comes off as long as she doesn't pick at the stitches.

He also says she'll be able to hop around easy enough on the 3 legs until it's healed.  With that said, she loves Sarah's bed so we've a baby gate borrowed for the bottom of the stairs to stop her getting up there.  Will put extra bedding downstairs for her and she'll stay put sleeping with me for the time being.  Knowing Sarah, she'll probably try to take up residence down here too for the first few days.  lol   And that's the lot...for now.   

This house has a whole new kind of energy around it today.  What a roller coaster ride!  Two days ago I felt like I'd let Cassie, my kids, Rookie and basically all of blonde down.  I made a promise to look after her and I know these things happen, but FML...they've never happened to me before.  Kids have accidents, but animals are supposed to be easy to look after.  Ah well, we've got through it.  Onwards and upwards and roll on Saturday!!!

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 03, 2010, 08:14:02 PM »

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: June 03, 2010, 08:28:58 PM »

thumbs up

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 03, 2010, 08:42:27 PM »

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 03, 2010, 09:14:45 PM »

The vet just phoned and the op was a success!!!  He reckons she can deffo come home on Saturday and the stitches are to come out in 10-12 days.  She's had a plate put in and new post op xrays to show the job done which we'll see when we go in.  I wanted to visit her tomorrow but he's said to let her have the day's rest and we can see her when we collect her Saturday.

She'll only be allowed out the back yard for fresh air and potty breaks to start.  No walks of any sort for about 2 weeks.  Then gently does it after that.  They've it wrapped at the minute and she'll come home with it wrapped a bit, but he's said it's ok if it comes off as long as she doesn't pick at the stitches.

He also says she'll be able to hop around easy enough on the 3 legs until it's healed.  With that said, she loves Sarah's bed so we've a baby gate borrowed for the bottom of the stairs to stop her getting up there.  Will put extra bedding downstairs for her and she'll stay put sleeping with me for the time being.  Knowing Sarah, she'll probably try to take up residence down here too for the first few days.  lol   And that's the lot...for now.   

This house has a whole new kind of energy around it today.  What a roller coaster ride!  Two days ago I felt like I'd let Cassie, my kids, Rookie and basically all of blonde down.  I made a promise to look after her and I know these things happen, but FML...they've never happened to me before.  Kids have accidents, but animals are supposed to be easy to look after.  Ah well, we've got through it.  Onwards and upwards and roll on Saturday!!!

You've turned a horrible situation into something quite uplifting - good on you (& your family)

sola virtus nobilitat
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 03, 2010, 09:43:48 PM »

Ah well...that's just how we roll in this house.   

Seriously though, cheers!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 04, 2010, 12:12:08 PM »

Vet phoned just now.  Cassie had a good night, is in good form and has taken food and water without hassle, so we're to collect her at 11am tomorrow!!!  Only 23 hours to go....   

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: