blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:06:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272631 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177946 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: June 04, 2010, 12:28:56 PM »

wheeeee

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 04, 2010, 12:33:25 PM »

Good news Miss Irelan(D)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
xxMAIRxx

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 04, 2010, 09:19:09 PM »

Thats fab news Dawn Smiley
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 04, 2010, 09:28:36 PM »

Good news Miss Irelan(D)

FYP

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: June 04, 2010, 10:55:03 PM »

Great News Dawn

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 04, 2010, 11:02:39 PM »

Just caught up with all of this Dawn, hoping everything works out.

xxx

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 05, 2010, 01:24:39 PM »

She's home!!!   

And she's in GREAT form! 

While we waited for them to bring Cassie to us, one of the staff came out to make sure we were being looked after.

'Are you Dineen's?' 

'That's right.  We're here for....'

'For Cassie the greyhound!  OMG She's SUCH an ANGEL!  She was the best girl all week.  So quiet and loveable.'

'Aye, that's our girl.'

A few minutes later, the vet landed with a very happy, hopping Cassie.  When she's excited, she lets out this wee whining, wags her tail mad and her mouth has this funny twitch.  She was well excited to see us today and the vet got a fit of giggles when she saw how much so.

While we were getting our instructions Cassie rolled over on her back, tongue hanging out the side, looking at Sarah and I for her belly rubs.  Which she got.  The vet got a fit of laughing so I said, 'She likes her belly rubs.'

'I see that.  She's such a dotey ol' slob.  The staff here just adored her.'

'They're not the only ones.'

Then she went on to tell us Cassie was well keen when a cat was brought in as well as a couple of chihuahuas.  She reckoned Cassie thought they were lunch.  Also, another greyhound was brought in yesterday and she and the new visitor became quick friends.  So all in all in wasn't a bad stay for our girl, considering the circumstances.

Our Instructions -

We're to make sure she stays calm, obviously.  Mind her first few minutes intro with Lily to make sure they don't get too worked up with 'hellos'.  The intro went really well as it turns out.  Lily followed her around a bit but seemed to know it wasn't play time.  They gave each other a couple of sniffs and kisses and that was that.

She's only allowed out the back yard for the first couple of weeks and must be kept on a lead even for that - to make sure she doesn't get too excited and try to play about.  No problem.  We can handle that.

She's got a wrap on it now which stays on until Tuesday and must be kept dry.  I'm to give the tips of her toes a wee squeeze twice a day to make sure she can feel it.  The swelling from the operation means the wrap may become too tight and that's how we make sure it's not.  Was shown how and where and we've got baggies to cover it for her trips outside, so won't be a problem.  If I notice any funky smell (infection) we're to take it off immediately and ring the vet. 

She's two tablets to take twice a day, morning and evening.  They're to help prevent infections.  Bit of bread and butter with the meds wrapped in it will do the trick.  Sorted.

We're to bring her back a week from Tuesday to remove the stitches.  They'll tell us then if she's allowed out the back without a lead yet.  Will be another couple of weeks after that before we're allowed to take her for lead walks around the village.  In about 3 months time they reckon she can run again...but we won't be calling to THAT field! 

Our friend Ger who helped bring her down from the field has a whole set up at his place for greyhounds.  He's said we can let her jog on his treadmill thingy any time we like.  Handy because they live in the village right near us. 

Apparently loads of people want to call for a visit to see her and welcome her home.  Sarah's got a schedule going with all of them so they don't wear her out.  lol  Despite being 18 degrees outside Brian and Sinéad had a wee fire put down for her as they know how much she loves them.  Cassie and Lily are thrown down by the fire as I type this.  And I've a window open ffs!  lol   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 05, 2010, 01:54:11 PM »

Smiley  Such a feelgood thread, through all the dramas!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 05, 2010, 04:55:20 PM »

Cassie and Lily catching up

Click to see full-size image.

The kids want to know can they sign her 'cast'

Trying to keep up with the action from her rested position

She went out for a potty break and came back to find some extra padding thrown down for her.  Seems to like it too.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 05, 2010, 05:30:46 PM »

Since Cassie's landed Sarah has taken a keen interest in greyhounds.  Last week Ger invited her to join he and his daughter, Ava, to the greyhound races in Tralee.  He was the breeder of a dog running on the night.  Her big night out was last night.  Sarah's never been to the races before and she had a great time.  Ger's dog (Lenghty Lee) was meant to be favourite but only managed 3rd.  According to Sarah, 'He got cut off on the 3rd bend and didn't make the break.'  I sure knew what she meant.  lol

Here's the pair of them in Tralee

She was pretty proud of herself for catching this shot with her phone

Ava is mad into her dad's greyhounds.  Kyle, Dave, Lulu & Mafi...but we're not sure which is which apart from the white guy.  He's Dave.  Here they are in her back yard.

Cassie may meet one or two of them in the weeks to come as she gets her recovery exercise at Ger's.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 08, 2010, 04:46:44 PM »

Cover me...I'm going in.  It's time to take off Cassie's wrap.  Will get the dinner done and tidy up around the place first then tackle the wrap.  Want to make sure the house is calm for the rest of the evening so we can all get use to her having it off. 

In other news.  I'm on the job hunt.  Been many years out of circulation doing the 'mom' gig, but times are changing and time for me to get back out there.  Have done the odd bit of bar work throughout the years when local pubs needed help, as well as working reg desk at bigger poker festivals in Ireland.  But apart from that, nothing to put on the CV other than 'mom'.  Should be interesting.  Wish me luck!

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 08, 2010, 04:48:35 PM »

Good luck in the job hunting ..x

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: June 08, 2010, 06:15:00 PM »

Ideally suited for a PA job somewhere 

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 08, 2010, 06:16:45 PM »

Just caught up with the good news Laxie, brilliant.

GL with the job hunting, maybe you can learn to tile  Grin

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 10, 2010, 12:29:00 PM »

Been a busy few days around here.  Cassie's wrap came off without a hitch and she's getting on grand.  She's a bit too giddy for her own good at times so we've had to work really hard to keep a calm environment around the place.  Never thought constant 'calm' was possible in this house, but we're just about managing it. 

Brian has started his leaving cert exams and Sinéad is doing her junior certs.  They'll be glued to the books for the next couple of weeks and giving it their best - which is all I ever ask from them.  One way or the other, they'll be grand.  I'll never understand parents putting loads of pressure on their kids at exam time.  They know the score and they've enough pressure without our help.  Get it right or go again another time.  Not the end of the world.  Give them a break FFS! 

With that, Brian has just phoned asking for a lift home as he's a few hours before his next exam.  Wasn't finished with this post so will update more later.  Hope all is well with everyone else.  xx

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: