blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:45:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272633 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177989 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #405 on: June 29, 2010, 12:35:58 PM »

Oh...almost forgot!  Is pasta a good thing or a bad thing if yer going on a diet? 

Bad, I'm afraid Sad

I love pasta but no more for me either.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 29, 2010, 12:56:52 PM »

Oh...almost forgot!  Is pasta a good thing or a bad thing if yer going on a diet? 

Bad, I'm afraid Sad

DAMN!!!  It's my fav food FFS!  So easy to make and so many healthy options to toss in with it.  Seafood (minus the pasta) and salads it is then.  Sigh. 

Crickets for the lizard not in stock til tomorrow.  Good thing I phoned first.  Heading to the neighbour's for the weigh in.  This won't be pretty and can't imagine I'll post the outcome.  Possibly.  But I doubt it.  Here we goooooooooooo

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: June 29, 2010, 02:30:45 PM »

Yeah, I just love my chicken/fish and salad dinner every night Sad

Post it, I could do with some inspiration Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 29, 2010, 03:04:29 PM »

[  ] You need to diet bold one.

I'm currently on a diet atm. GG @ DTD this weekend.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 29, 2010, 03:11:11 PM »

Oh...almost forgot!  Is pasta a good thing or a bad thing if yer going on a diet?  

Bad, I'm afraid Sad

DAMN!!!  It's my fav food FFS!  So easy to make and so many healthy options to toss in with it.  Seafood (minus the pasta) and salads it is then.  Sigh.  

Crickets for the lizard not in stock til tomorrow.  Good thing I phoned first.  Heading to the neighbour's for the weigh in.  This won't be pretty and can't imagine I'll post the outcome.  Possibly.  But I doubt it.  Here we goooooooooooo

I feel your pain - really need to shift my stomach, but I pretty much live off bread and pasta and always cook too much obv.

Gonna try not eating any carbs in the evening for a while and see how I get on.

PS if you do a weigh in and updates I'll do the same - might be a good incentive for us both

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 29, 2010, 03:55:47 PM »

Gonna try not eating any carbs in the evening for a while and see how I get on. for us both

Does the time you eat them actually matter?

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 29, 2010, 04:00:22 PM »

Gonna try not eating any carbs in the evening for a while and see how I get on. for us both

Does the time you eat them actually matter?

just means your body gets the change to burn off the energy from carb intake earlier in the day before you go off to sleep I guess.  A friend of mine lost a bit of weight last year following this diet http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/DIET/reviews/no_carbs_after_5pm.htm.  I'm not going to go the whole hog coz i'm rubbish at sticking to anything too rigid, but cutting the evening carbs seems worth a try.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: June 29, 2010, 04:02:24 PM »

Just eat less stuff.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 29, 2010, 04:07:19 PM »

Just eat less stuff.

That's what the diet does apparently:

Ultimately, this lowers your overall calorie intake for the day so you lose weight. In addition, eating slightly more protein will help you to stay fuller for longer and cutting carbs can help you feel less bloated.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 29, 2010, 04:10:06 PM »

Just eat less stuff.

won't do me any good as I don't eat a lot - the problem is with what I eat rather than quantity. Anyway, don't really want to hijack Dawn's thread with this and really don't want to get into full on intake/exercise discussions - only mentioned it in passing as Dawn mentioned she was trying to lose weight - I'm not embarking on a serious diet effort.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: June 29, 2010, 04:10:40 PM »

thanks mate. Smiley I'm just off the carbs for a month or so and doing portion control, going to the gym 3-4 times a week obv works but the moobs and belly are hard to shift

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 29, 2010, 06:03:57 PM »

thanks mate. Smiley I'm just off the carbs for a month or so and doing portion control, going to the gym 3-4 times a week obv works but the moobs and belly are hard to shift

I can't comment on belly as I'm the heaviest I've ever been atm and feel proper horrible.

However, do some chest stuff, bench pressing, light flies etc, will turn your moobs into muscle.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: June 29, 2010, 06:07:04 PM »

I can't comment on belly as I'm the heaviest I've ever been atm and feel proper horrible.

However, do some chest stuff, bench pressing, light flies etc, will turn your moobs into muscle.

Doing loads of pec excerises..the problem is that I now have a very firm A-cup Sad the pecs are pushing the fat out more than toning it all up....very not good.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 29, 2010, 06:13:08 PM »

Doing loads of pec excerises..the problem is that I now have a very firm A-cup Sad the pecs are pushing the fat out more than toning it all up....very not good.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, you can't target weight loss like that - the calories you burn from the exercise will help you lose weight overall but it's perfectly easy to get a layer of fat over well developed muscles if you don't get the balance right.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 29, 2010, 08:59:40 PM »

Flipping heck!  All those other factors to worry about and I was thinking pasta and bread were my only issues.    

Was walking with the dogs this afternoon.  Pity all that walking doesn't seem to shift anything for me, but at least it gets us out and about. 

What about bike riding.  Would that help any bit?  And which bits does it help?

This is already turning into more of a chore than I'd been hoping for.  Just glad I like salads and seafood or I was in right trouble.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: