blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:31:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272633 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177968 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: November 08, 2010, 09:10:25 PM »

Crickets? Like, insect crickets?

For what purpose?

Roll Eyes fair-weather reader obv. anyone would think you were busy or something Smiley

Whoops, owned. Guilty as charged.

Still curious, though!

Dawn's big into creative cooking.  She uses them in stir fries and stuff - eastern recipes I think.  Don't fancy it myself.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 08, 2010, 09:14:16 PM »

For what purpose?

Yep.  They're food for Sinéad's gecko lizard.  We must feed the crickets to keep them alive long enough to feed them to the lizard.  They're noisy wee darlings too if you don't get the 'silent' type.  We didn't have the luxury of choice this time.  Good job we're used to noise!  

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 08, 2010, 09:17:05 PM »

For what purpose?

Yep.  They're food for Sinéad's gecko lizard.  We must feed the crickets to keep them alive long enough to feed them to the lizard.  They're noisy wee darlings too if you don't get the 'silent' type.  We didn't have the luxury of choice this time.  Good job we're used to noise!   

boooooo

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 08, 2010, 09:19:47 PM »

For what purpose?

Yep.  They're food for Sinéad's gecko lizard.  We must feed the crickets to keep them alive long enough to feed them to the lizard.  They're noisy wee darlings too if you don't get the 'silent' type.  We didn't have the luxury of choice this time.  Good job we're used to noise!  

boooooo

Soz.  Multi tasking and didn't see your post until it was too late.  He'd never have bought it anyway.  I'm might be a bit mad, but not THAT loopy.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 08, 2010, 09:20:13 PM »

For what purpose?

Roll Eyes fair-weather reader obv. anyone would think you were busy or something Smiley

Still curious, though!

Dawn's big into creative cooking.  She uses them in stir fries and stuff - eastern recipes I think.  Don't fancy it myself.

Behave. Even I don't buy that. Mind you, it is Dawn.......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 08, 2010, 09:20:53 PM »

For what purpose?

Still curious, though!

Behave. Even I don't buy that. Mind you, it is Dawn.......

she's foreign, you know.

fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 09, 2010, 01:02:31 AM »

Just found this, aboslutely cracking stuff, am only on page 9 though. Sigh, this will have to wait for tomorrow evening i feel!

Keep up the good work though!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 09, 2010, 09:37:25 AM »

Just found this, aboslutely cracking stuff, am only on page 9 though. Sigh, this will have to wait for tomorrow evening i feel!

Keep up the good work though!

Thanks!  You've yer work cut out for ya getting through the rest.  The brain tends to wander off now and then by me.  lol  Any questions, feel free to ask.   Smiley 

It's the questions and comments people throw out there that keep it going sometimes.  Otherwise it'd get a bit 'rinse, repeat' for everyone as the pages fill. 

fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 10, 2010, 12:24:23 AM »

Hey, its awesome, loving the dog stuff.

We got a dog when i was 4 and we had him for 17 years before he was put down, so reading about it all is brilliant! I intend to read it all.

I am doing a blog on APAT and it sruggles due to lack of a - me having an interesting life outside of work and poker and b - general wanderings of the mind Cheesy

keep it up, i am about ot have another delve into the world of laxie, wish me luck!!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 13, 2010, 12:53:33 PM »

I've been running so bad in poker it's unreal.  Just about scraping away.  Not costing as such but not in profit either.  Been that way since January and I'm just about feeling like it'll turn around soon. 

That's the thing.  I'm a firm believer in a positive attitude.  If you expect failure, that's just what you'll get.  It's taken me a while to change the mindset and I'm still not totally there, but deffo on the right track.  Anyway, I figure there's enough bad beat/moaning out there regarding poker so no point me adding to it. 

As for the 'interesting life'?  I sometimes worry I'm boring ye to tears as most of what I post is really 'rinse, repeat' kind of stuff.  I don't travel often and when I do they're certainly not exotic locations.  Most of my life revolves around kids, pets and neighbours.  Granted I suppose it makes a change from poker, poker and more poker. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 13, 2010, 01:19:48 PM »

'Per Sitters R Us'

The in-laws bought a puppy.  Well, we bought it for them as I was running out of birthday pressie ideas and knew they wanted one - big time.  Took a while though as I'm  not a big fan of Jack Russell terriers and that's what they wanted.  In the end I just gave them the money and let them hunt for that perfect puppy. 

Enter Milly.  Sarah travelled with them to pick her out a few weeks ago and she picked her name too.  She also went with them yesterday to collect Milly while Sinéad and I ran into town for puppy gear.  I don't like shopping...unless it's for pets.  We got her a collar, retractable lead, cool ball toy and (close yer eyes Girgy) a really cute blue hoody.  They had pink too but figured it wasn't suitable considering the Irish weather.  Would have been trashed after just one walk.  Hence the blue.   

So Milly the puppy spent her first night with the in-laws last night and they had a great time.  Until it was bedtime that is.  She whined for Ireland by all accounts.  lol

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 13, 2010, 01:23:00 PM »

This morning I got a call.  

"We're off to town for our weekly shop, but don't know what to do with Milly."

"What do you mean?"

"She doesn't like being alone.  She cried all night in the kitchen on her own."

"Suppose you can drop her to mine on yer way into town if ya like."

"Well if you don't mind, we'll be there in an half hour."

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 13, 2010, 01:37:14 PM »

30 minutes until their arrival and house looked like a bomb had hit it.  Myself and the girls tore through tidying the place and hiding shoes so Milly wouldn't eat them.  Speaking of eating - I'd not met Milly yet, but it didn't take rocket science to know Cassie would consider Milly to be her next meal.  So we fed the pair of them extra big bowls of food this morning in hopes Cassie wouldn't be hungry when Milly arrived.  Then we put the pair out the back for their morning stretch just as the in-laws landed. 

We gave Milly time to explore her surroundings before she decided to throw down for a nap.  I don't like Jack Russell's as a rule...but she's not too bad.  Just have to get her used to the idea of staying off me keyboard!

Click to see full-size image.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 13, 2010, 01:41:27 PM »

We'd taken Milly out for a quick walk before her nap and Bridget's cat Belle followed us home.  Cassie's gonna go MENTAL when we let her in soon!   

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 13, 2010, 01:50:07 PM »

PS  For such a wee puppy Milly snores...A LOT!!!

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: