blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:37:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272630 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177917 times)
TRIP5
If you can't say someting nice, at least try to be funny...

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: January 10, 2011, 04:14:15 AM »

Cassie and Lily are doing great!  They love their spot by the fire but also seem more animated with the weather.  Cassie more so than Lily.  Granted, we've half the cats in the neighbourhood calling which keeps Cassie entertained. 

On the downside - the PAIR of them are in season...FFS!  Was caught for a hop because Lily always had her schedule which we knew about and planned around.  Turns out when one goes, the other follows though and Lily's 'schedule' is out the window.  Marv.  They're not allowed upstairs until it passes and in the meantime we're worn from following the pair of them around with the fecking mop.  Just glad they mostly stay thrown down by the fire or we'd have issues. 

With that, we've had to put a stop to neighbourhood walks as half the country was calling to see them.  Pity, because Sarah and I were really enjoying the winter wander together with the dogs.  Ah well.  We can get back to it in a week or two when nature gives us a break.  In the mean time Cassie enjoys going mental out the backyard at whatever wildlife she's spotting through the trees.  And Lily stands there looking confused as ever god love her.

This is without doubt one of the funniest diaries posted this year...you have a lexicaianl talent Lexie...keep going kidda...I'll pop my head up above the parfiet to say heeeeloooooo every now and yearly but carry on going....funny as ****

xx

TKP FOR APAT!!!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 11, 2011, 11:06:47 AM »

I'm the type that tends to go into hiding when emotions are running high.  Anger, sadness or worry shuts me right up for a bit.  Granted the quiet never lasts long.  Just need time to get me head 'round things is all.  Then I'm back on track. 

People tend to notice when the 'vocal' one shuts up shop.  Usually within a couple of days there's some one or two on to me asking wtf is going on.  I don't like to bring others down with my moods so I generally turn around quick and get over it...or at least pretend to - for their sake. 

With the holidays everyone was busy and I was able to get away with a longer than usual sabbatical.  Bridget made me go out  twice, but apart from that I've stayed home by the fire for the last month and a half trying to get me head sorted.  As bad as it was, in a way it was good.  I needed that time to proper feel things besides putting up a front for everyone else's benefit. 

In the last day or two a couple of people I adore have gathered me a bit.  It's time to cop on.  Some things are out of my control and I just need to trust it'll go well.  Despite the other shite, a lot of positives have come my way too so brace yerselves for some good stuff.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 11, 2011, 11:19:04 AM »

As some of you know, I'm going to Paris.  Can't stand the place so this is an odd one for me to be cheery about really.  But then I'm an odd sort to be fair. 

Got a text last week from a good friend asking for my land line number.  Seemed a bit odd to me really.  Why ask for the land line number when ya have me mobile ya eejit?  So that's what I asked in reply.  Granted, did include the land line while I was at it.  Would seem rude not to.

Turns out this friend is also one of the judges for the European Poker Awards.  Hence the cheery attitude.  I won't have to see any of Paris apart from the taxi to and from the airport and get to hang with people I don't see too often but who's company I enjoy.  Going to the dinner ceremony and the lot as an invited guest and really looking forward to it now!  Should be good fun.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 11, 2011, 11:31:16 AM »

Sarah and I found Cassie's favourite song completely by accident a couple of weeks ago.  She could be in a coma by the fire with no intention of moving regardless of what's happening around her.  Play this and she pops up with her ears perked ready to get a move on every time.  Song is only ok at best, but it's really funny to see how keen she is on it.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #844 on: January 11, 2011, 11:33:40 AM »

lol..MrsB told me you were going and weren't really looking forward to going to Paris. I strongly agree. It's a horrible, horrible place.

If you have to go out for some grub go here though

http://www.lespapillesparis.fr/

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 11, 2011, 11:44:46 AM »

So before I head to Paris, must visit the budding metropolis that is Bolton for the APAT team event end of this month.  Tickets booked.  Hotel booked.  And I've even got the full passport sorted...mostly.  Must visit to the local police station so they can give me a residence stamp on it and I'm good to go.  

Residence stamps for the passport only came in (were enforced) in the last 5 years or so.  Up to that point I could always come and go as I pleased and there was no mention of this stamp requirement.  It was during one of my poker trips I was stopped on the way home.  They took me into an interview room, fingerprints and photos were taken and I was questioned for a bit.  Eventually I was handed the passport and told I'd 30 days to get it sorted or I was being deported!  WTF?!  I'd been living here 9 years at the time with no hassle, then WHAM!

Turns out it wasn't a big deal really.  Another woman in her 70's has been living here for over 30 years and the same thing happened to her around that time.  The rule was always there, but they never bothered with it before 9/11.  Initially you only get a one year stamp.  Rinse repeat for the first few years.  But I've been told I'm being upgraded to the 4 or 5 year (can't remember which) jobbie.  Saves having to remember it all the time, but also means I'll more than likely forget when the time runs out on it as they don't send you a reminder.  Coin flip, but for now I'm taking it as good news.  Get back to ya in a few years time when I'm due the next one.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 11, 2011, 11:51:36 AM »

lol..MrsB told me you were going and weren't really looking forward to going to Paris. I strongly agree. It's a horrible, horrible place.

If you have to go out for some grub go here though

http://www.lespapillesparis.fr/

Cheers Boldie!  Will make a note of it and pack it in the case. 

Speaking of.  I'm as tight as they come when it comes to booking flights.  I do whatever I can to avoid checking a bag.  The Paris trip is a day or two longer than I can get away with for a carry on, but turns out a checked bag was included in the ticket I was sent!!!  I've been told there's some sort of awards party with an open bar for us, but as I've gone off the drink a bit the checked bag is winning so far.  lol

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 11, 2011, 12:06:04 PM »

I don't dislike all of France.  I had THE most amazing trip a goodly few years back with 4 very close female friends.  We went on a small luxury cruise up and down the River Seine for a week.  Now and then the boat would dock and a luxury bus carried us here and there along the way to visit some popular tourist spot or another during the day and it would bring us back to the boat in the evening.  Will post more about that trip another time but the one and only complaint I had the entire week was Paris!  Thank god we only spent the last day there and that was more than enough time to know I wouldn't be back.  Or so I thought.  Ah well.  Just have to keep reminding myself - it's people I'm going to see, not the city.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #848 on: January 11, 2011, 12:22:58 PM »

I don't dislike all of France.  I had THE most amazing trip a goodly few years back with 4 very close female friends.  We went on a small luxury cruise up and down the River Seine for a week.  Now and then the boat would dock and a luxury bus carried us here and there along the way to visit some popular tourist spot or another during the day and it would bring us back to the boat in the evening.  Will post more about that trip another time but the one and only complaint I had the entire week was Paris!  Thank god we only spent the last day there and that was more than enough time to know I wouldn't be back.  Or so I thought.  Ah well.  Just have to keep reminding myself - it's people I'm going to see, not the city.

France is lovely...it's amazing. Paris is a shit hole though...gets even worse when you go off the tourist track.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 11, 2011, 12:52:05 PM »

Ger has threatened me with a trip around the 'good spots' in Paris.  He claims I've missed out so far.  Pretty sure he's the only one will get me to see it in a different light, so until then...  I'm just glad we don't see the outside world much on poker trips. 

Speaking of Ger...I'm playing on his team (Chezger) for the Bolton APAT event.  It's a motley crew of degens who I adore, so can't wait!!!  The Friday night will more than likely get messy, but then it's down to the business of poker on Saturday.  I intend to do the coffee/pints of water trick like I did last year during the team event.  Got me to day 2 but didn't manage to seal the deal.  Here's hoping for an improvement this time around.  Pretty sure I'll be the only sober one on the team by dinner time.     Actually...take that back.  Think there might (just maybe) be two or three of us sober.  Maybe.  Either way it's going to be great fun and I'm really looking forward to meeting up with so many I haven't seen in ages.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 11, 2011, 12:59:26 PM »

Right.  That's me done and dusted for now.  Must hop in the shower before getting some stuff done round the place.  Banking, groceries...the usual. 

Just want to say a quick thanks to you lot who pushed me back in here.  It's odd.  I wasn't feeling so hot but already I can feel a pep to me step from just messing around here for the hour or so.  Suppose it really is better to get things off yer chest besides hiding out and holding it in. 

Hope ye all have a great day!  xx

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 11, 2011, 01:40:30 PM »

Good to see you posting again fella. Hope the things worrying you sort themselves out for the better. Glad to here you are at Bolton for the APAT team game, me too. Look forward to a beer or two with ya.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 11, 2011, 05:24:54 PM »

Good to see you posting again fella. Hope the things worrying you sort themselves out for the better. Glad to here you are at Bolton for the APAT team game, me too. Look forward to a beer or two with ya.

Yer on.  With the likes of yerself, The Nun and Iron going (to name just a few) it's going to be such a great week-end!!!  REALLY looking forward to it. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 11, 2011, 05:28:51 PM »

Ugh.  The thought just occurred to me.  What does one wear to the Poker Awards do?  Clothes, obv...but does anyone know what the dress code is?  Is it just the usual poker dress code or do they go a bit more formal on the night? 

Can't ask the person who invited me because it would be the same as asking Tikay.  Need to rely on you lot to give me some idea. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 11, 2011, 05:33:08 PM »

Never mind.  Just googled it and the images popping up say 'smart casual' will do fine.  Black it is then.  Hides a multitude. 

Must go shopping.  [ ] Can't wait.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: