blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:09:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272633 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177994 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: January 18, 2011, 01:40:30 PM »

Day nearly down and I've yet to do what I was meant to do today.  Was actually meant to do it yesterday but managed a swerve.  Going well then.  Proper pro at postponing shopping, so I am.  Where's Boldie when ya need him?  Actually...scratch that.  I'd end up with 101 pairs of socks. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #886 on: January 18, 2011, 02:00:46 PM »

Day nearly down and I've yet to do what I was meant to do today.  Was actually meant to do it yesterday but managed a swerve.  Going well then.  Proper pro at postponing shopping, so I am.  Where's Boldie when ya need him?  Actually...scratch that.  I'd end up with 101 pairs of socks. 

Do you need socks? I know some great places for sock shopping, I could come with you Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 18, 2011, 02:07:39 PM »

Do you need socks? I know some great places for sock shopping, I could come with you Smiley

Nope.  No socks required.  Have loads of them in fact.  Easiest thing on the planet to buy.  No brainer and stress free. 

Food and clothes.  No choice on the food shopping - must be done today so I'm heading off in a few. 

Clothes shopping will be put off for another few days.  Hoping to kick the idea to the curb altogether but Bridget isn't in agreement with me so will require swerving Bridget too.  Don't suppose yer any good at clothes shopping?

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #888 on: January 18, 2011, 02:20:03 PM »

Nope.  No socks required.  Have loads of them in fact.  Easiest thing on the planet to buy.  No brainer and stress free. 

Food and clothes.  No choice on the food shopping - must be done today so I'm heading off in a few. 

Clothes shopping will be put off for another few days.  Hoping to kick the idea to the curb altogether but Bridget isn't in agreement with me so will require swerving Bridget too.  Don't suppose yer any good at clothes shopping?

I only do two types of clothes shopping;

1 Buy new suits and shirts; Piece of piss this. Suit should be black or grey and shirt should be white (occasionally I go wild and buy a black one)

2; Normal, or holiday, clothes shopping; Walk in to Next (or similar shop, last time ...before me and the Mrs went to Havana so approx 2 years ago..maybe 3?, it was Next as the kind people at the men's shop where they sell clothes for adults, so suits, said that that's where I should go for holiday clothes).
   Flick through catalogue. Spot outfit you quite like.
  Walk up to the first person you see who works in that shop. Point at the picture and say "I want that, where can I find it?"
  Explain to said person that you are not just talking about the shorts or shirt or whatever but that you want the entire outfit as that is the only way you'll know stuff goes together.

Job done.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 18, 2011, 07:09:24 PM »

Easier said than done.  Sigh.  You don't have extra bits that need to fit into the clothes.  And they don't make too many nice clothes that fit me bits.   

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 18, 2011, 07:17:56 PM »

Easier said than done.  Sigh.  You don't have extra bits that need to fit into the clothes.  And they don't make too many nice clothes that fit me bits.   

not to mention not having a clue what size you'll need as they vary even between different things in the same shop. 

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #891 on: January 19, 2011, 07:32:07 AM »

Easier said than done.  Sigh.  You don't have extra bits that need to fit into the clothes.  And they don't make too many nice clothes that fit me bits.    

not to mention not having a clue what size you'll need as they vary even between different things in the same shop.  

Yeah, I find a good way around that is to not try something on and just hide the new stuff in the back of the wardrobe when it doesn't fit...that also allows you to go and wear your old comfy stuff that you actually wanted to wear Smiley

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 19, 2011, 02:14:04 PM »

Easier said than done.  Sigh.  You don't have extra bits that need to fit into the clothes.  And they don't make too many nice clothes that fit me bits.    

Yeah, I find a good way around that is to not try something on and just hide the new stuff in the back of the wardrobe when it doesn't fit...that also allows you to go and wear your old comfy stuff that you actually wanted to wear Smiley

And defeats the purpose of shopping in the first place so won't be doing that.  Yer such a Lad ffs!  lol

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #893 on: January 19, 2011, 02:44:31 PM »

And defeats the purpose of shopping in the first place so won't be doing that.  Yer such a Lad ffs!  lol

I consider it punishment for MrsB making me go shopping Smiley

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 19, 2011, 03:08:10 PM »

Was up at 6:30am this morning.  Well, that's not entirely true.  Actually woke at 1:30am after the usual crash and burn around 10pm last night.  Four hours tops in sleep mode and tired but awake the other 20 hours in the day.  That's the ongoing party piece by me with months at this stage.  Sarah had an ortho appointment in Cork at 9am.  No need to set an alarm because I'm always up at that time .  

Plan was shower at 6:30am, wake her at 7 and on the road for 7:30.  Except that my eyes decided to close for themselves around 4am.  Why is it when I need to wake for something it always seems I do me best sleeping?  Yet if nothing were planned for this morning I'd have been up and about without interruption.  Was a complete fluke but we still managed everything on time.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 19, 2011, 04:04:52 PM »

So during our last visit right before Christmas they told me Sarah has lots of baby teeth to lose yet before they can really get going with fixing her.  They said she's a year or more behind with losing them too.  But they also said a few were already pretty loose so they'd rather the teeth fall out of their own accord besides being pulled by them.  Fair enough.  Sounds reasonable. 

Next thing he turned to Sarah and told her to start tugging on them during the following six weeks to see could she get them to come out in time.  WTF?!  Ya'd rather they fall out of their own accord and then instruct a 13 year old to start tugging during her free time?!  Marv. 

We were sent on our way and told to come back in 6 weeks.  Needless to say, she had one out before the day was out.  And the other was yanked out some time in the last week or so.  But the last one proved more difficult than she was hoping and was still firmly in place when we arrived this morning.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 19, 2011, 04:27:01 PM »

I still have some of my baby teeth.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 19, 2011, 04:28:30 PM »

In my mouth I mean, not in a jar or box or summit.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 19, 2011, 04:45:49 PM »

I'm guessing pulling them out with pliers and anaesthetic is a bit different to tugging on them with your bare hands and no pain relief though!

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 19, 2011, 05:18:13 PM »

Delay of game on Sarah's ortho tales while I vent for a minute.

kjfag;fdajkgs;fjkhgf;sjkhfda;jknfkjbnfda;kgjbfd;gjcf;kjgdkcjg;adfjn

And breeeeeeeeeathe. 

I swear I'm dealing with total fecking muppets around here sometimes.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: