blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:46:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272628 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177890 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: January 20, 2011, 04:21:06 PM »

No worries.  Will look into flights.  However I'm not quite the 'few hours' type girl.  More likely will be 'few days'.  Just warning ya.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #931 on: January 20, 2011, 04:27:38 PM »

No worries.  Will look into flights.  However I'm not quite the 'few hours' type girl.  More likely will be 'few days'.  Just warning ya.

Yeah, that's fine. MrsB would be delighted. You can exchange cake recipes...(She makes a mean lemon drizzle, well she has...once...promised me many a times since but I have yet to see another one...she's a tease, she is)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #932 on: January 20, 2011, 05:02:39 PM »

A soldier sat in the army jail,
and his mother brought him a pudden.
The Sargent said it wasn't allowed,
although it was a good un.
Then the Sargent looked at the mother's face,
he could see she was feeling hurt.
So he did something he thought he would never do,
Help a soldier to dessert.

"Hold out your pudden for jam" he cried,
when the the mother left that day.
So the soldier held out his pudden,
and the Sargent took it away.

The older I get, the better I was.
TRIP5
If you can't say someting nice, at least try to be funny...

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 21, 2011, 01:51:55 AM »

Ignore the boys, I'm definitely pillaging your new york baked cheesecake recipe

THANKYOU VERY MUCH!!!

Will let you know how it turns out

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

xx

TKP FOR APAT!!!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #934 on: January 21, 2011, 07:15:49 AM »

Ignore the boys,

OI! I'm trying to get a cheesecake here woman!...Don't come between a man and a proper NY cheesecake, it's not safe. 

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: January 21, 2011, 08:03:04 AM »

OMFG!!! 

Last night I threw down on the sofa around 7pm after placing cheesecake in fridge for it's over night chill time.  Didn't wake until 7 this morning!!!  So THAT'S what sleep is like?!  Blimey.  Must have needed it badly.  Not had a 12 hour stretch like that in forever.

So I go to the fridge this morning to remove the spring form sides from the base of the pan with intentions of 'dressing' said cake with a few fresh strawberries.  Was then going to take more photos of the finished product for ye.  Except the lil darlin's raided the fridge last night while I slept...and ate HALF the fecking cheesecake!!! 

My phone is currently uploading 108 photos to the computer.  108?  108?!  Has it really been that long since I posted a photo?  Blimey.  Well, don't worry...I'll spare ye most of them.  But looks like today is picture day.  And last one will be the half demolished cake.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #936 on: January 21, 2011, 10:48:20 AM »

, your kids probably drugged you so they could eat the cake.

Can't blame them really.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: January 21, 2011, 10:51:32 AM »

I posted a bit ago when Cork won the All Ireland Football Final and brought the Sam McGuire cup back home to Cork.

I've also posted a goodly bit about 'Baby'.  She's the 97 year old across the road. 

Well, last Sunday Baby got to meet Sam.  Every year the cup makes its way around various villages of the county who won it.  Last Sunday was Knocknagree's turn. 

The usual routine for our village when a cup lands is to have a bit of a 'do' in the local community centre first.  That's so the kids and non-drinkers can enjoy a bit of time with it.  Then the cup makes its way through each of the pubs for the night. 

Baby's the oldest person in the village and she wasn't able for the weather on the day.  Would have been a shame for her to miss the celebrations...so we brought the celebrations to her.  A bunch of neighbours landed, drinks were flowing and laughs aplenty.  Baby kind of lost her senses for a bit and wanted to know where Sam was.  She thought a person was calling to see her...not a cup.  Took a while for her to warm to the idea of this huge piece of metal thrown down in front of her that the rest of us were calling Sam. 

Click to see full-size image.

A few neighbourhood kids called in as well.........

Here's two of my own three.  Sinéad and Sarah.  (Brian refused a photo op.  Go figure.)

Some of Baby's family.  She only had one child in all her years.  Everyone calls him Junior.  Left to right...Sinéad, Margaret, Baby, Mairead and Junior.  Margaret is his wife and the girls are two of their kids. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: January 21, 2011, 10:53:49 AM »

Can't blame them really.

When they woke this morning the conversation went a bit like this:

"What the hell happened to the cheesecake?!  Ye were supposed to let it chill over night."

"You didn't honestly think it was going to survive the night, did you?"

"Sigh.  A girl can always hope can't she?"

"Yeah...good luck with that."

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #939 on: January 21, 2011, 11:10:55 AM »

Can't blame them really.

When they woke this morning the conversation went a bit like this:

"What the hell happened to the cheesecake?!  Ye were supposed to let it chill over night."

"You didn't honestly think it was going to survive the night, did you?"

"Sigh.  A girl can always hope can't she?"

"Yeah...good luck with that."

lol, no respect that's the problem. They just don't respect the cheesecake.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 21, 2011, 11:22:58 AM »

While Sam was in the community centre I ran home for a quick change then met Junior and Margaret in one of the local pubs.  We'd been told it was the first stop on Sam's pub crawl and we also knew it would be one of the quieter spots. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 21, 2011, 11:37:12 AM »

So here's the cheesecake before they got hold of it.  And before I could proper 'pretty it up' with slices of fresh fruit on top.  Sigh.

Poor Cassie was abso shattered after all that cooking yesterday

And here's what I faced this morning when I woke up.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 21, 2011, 11:38:51 AM »

They obv failed to use a wet knife when cutting too.  Sighhhhhhhhhhh

Noticed some over-ripe bananas on the counter so it looks like I'm making banana bread next.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #943 on: January 21, 2011, 11:39:38 AM »

OK, I'll let you off the hook. Just send me that piece of cheesecake.

Looks bloody gorgeous.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 21, 2011, 11:50:16 AM »

OK, I'll let you off the hook. Just send me that piece of cheesecake.

Looks bloody gorgeous.

Last week Bridget landed and had a slice of the original recipe one and loved it.  Until I told her what was in it.  She HATES creme fraiche apparently.  Had no idea it was in the recipe until I told her, but absolutely refused to eat the last two bites once she heard.  She was convinced she could taste it. 

This time I only used one container of it and swapped the second one for same amount of puréed winter berries.  But I told her I left creme fraiche out totally.  Found out she'd been in on the raid last night while I slept so I sent her a text this morning asking how she liked it.  The reply.........

"It was fecking fantastic out of dis world n will b callin 4 tea n more l8tr"

So now I've a bit of a dilemma.  Do I serve her up another slice and say nothing or fess up knowing she'll not touch it?

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: