blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:20:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 179027 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: May 10, 2011, 01:40:37 PM »

Congrats on playing so well in the Chezger League Game last night, Dawn.

A very competitive League, that - any idea who won last night?

Playing poker well hasn't been a strong point lately.  The mind's been a bit sidetracked with other good things these days.  But thank you for the fantabulous bink ya fish.  lol  Left me to tend to other matters.

Please tell me you didn't actually win?  Was sure it was just a rumour.  Sigh.  

How is that possible?!  Must be a perma lever put in place for ya.  Only possible explanation.

I need coffee...fast!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 01:44:23 PM by Laxie » Logged

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: May 10, 2011, 02:37:51 PM »

A few years on and a crushed heart mended. Who woulda thunk it possible? Lucky.com much?

As you may have gathered, there have been some new developments in Laxieland.  Totally unexpected but very much of the 'excellent' variety. 

Never in a month of Sundays saw this coming and did all in my power to make sure I wouldn't fall for anyone again.  But turns out, not all falls are bad ones.  And sometimes it takes a bad fall to find that special someone who picks you up, dusts you off and says, "It's going to be ok."

I swore I'd never let anyone break the wall to my heart again.  But things change with time...and so have I.  And the wall has been well and truly broken.  Go figure. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: May 10, 2011, 03:45:29 PM »

Obviously the family knows or it wouldn't be posted here.  As happy as I am personally, it wasn't easy.  We'd 22 years of life put down together and that's no small shake.  A tough few chats were had.  First was with Timothy last week....and then the kids at the week-end.  We all knew it was coming eventually but Sarah said it best, "I'm just glad I don't have to wonder 'when' any more." 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: May 10, 2011, 05:31:29 PM »

Not going to get too deep into the family side of it right now.  Who said what and how we all reacted is between us.  Maybe some day, looking back I'll decide it needs saying.  But for now...enough's been said. 

Timothy and I lost that special bond between us, as a couple, a long while ago.  But we've something more precious than that in our three kids.  And regardless of anything else, those three will be protected and nurtured by both of us, as a team, for as long as we're both alive.  Won't always be under the same roof, but we'll never be too far away.  Regardless of what the future holds, that much we agree on completely. 

My wish is that we'll all be able to look back with pride on how we handled things when our directions in life changed.  Nothing in life is certain.  God knows I've learned that lesson - big style.  But I'm fairly certain we'll manage that wish.  Despite everything, we're a good lot really.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1519 on: May 10, 2011, 05:54:29 PM »

A few years on and a crushed heart mended. Who woulda thunk it possible? Lucky.com much?

As you may have gathered, there have been some new developments in Laxieland.  Totally unexpected but very much of the 'excellent' variety. 

Never in a month of Sundays saw this coming and did all in my power to make sure I wouldn't fall for anyone again.  But turns out, not all falls are bad ones.  And sometimes it takes a bad fall to find that special someone who picks you up, dusts you off and says, "It's going to be ok."

I swore I'd never let anyone break the wall to my heart again.  But things change with time...and so have I.  And the wall has been well and truly broken.  Go figure. 

Admit it, you've fallen for me haven't you?

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: May 10, 2011, 05:59:15 PM »

Now then.  A brief musical interlude while I go hoover and mop the floors. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 10, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »

Shhhhhh!!!!  I'm getting to that bit.  Need to do the floors first and I'll be back within the hour.

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 10, 2011, 06:50:23 PM »

Marvellous girl, best of luck to the lot o ya. X

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 11, 2011, 07:42:38 AM »

xx

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 11, 2011, 07:43:25 AM »

Shhhhhh!!!!  I'm getting to that bit.  Need to do the floors first and I'll be back within the hour.

within which hour exactly........Grin

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1525 on: May 11, 2011, 08:04:09 AM »

It is me, isn't it?

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: May 11, 2011, 08:47:38 AM »

Do you people ever sleep?! 

Right so, I'll get on it.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 11, 2011, 09:03:42 AM »

So who is this insane man who's decided it might be ok to put up with me and more importantly, managed to get me to 'feel' again?

I'll give ya some clues....

Has a heart of pure gold - mine was broke, but he'd LOTS of super glue.

He's a member of blonde and APAT - so am I!  Go figure.

He's a bit quiet - yeah...I know.  We won't go there.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 11, 2011, 09:12:09 AM »

Is it the mole?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 11, 2011, 09:37:59 AM »

Is it the mole?

Can't be. He's already married to Brain Martin.

Nice one Laxie xxx

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: