blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:30:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272631 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177940 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: May 25, 2011, 11:38:32 AM »

Charlie's instructions were to ring him when we were heading back to shore.  I did and was told he'd be there in 5 - 6 minutes.  He lied.  This was his time for revenge.  We kept ourselves amused by debating the colour of Charlie's van because some one of us would say, "Is that him?" with every vehicle that pulled up.  Sarah was sure she knew the colour.  Ger didn't agree.  They had a bet on it.  Ger lost.  Nothing new there then. 

Poor Wendy.  She really was a trooper, god love her

Click to see full-size image.

And the rest of the motley crew as we stood getting drenched waiting for Charlie...I'm the one behind the camera

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: May 25, 2011, 11:49:58 AM »

Charlie got there in the end.  Think we only had to wait like 20 minutes.  Back to the hotel for Reverse Sheep Quiz and cake. 

Sarah did a great job putting up with everyone's objections.  Ger was pretty much overruled every time.  Boldie too.  The pair of them were chancing their arm at every corner.  Paulie did well considering he only answered the questions 5 minutes beforehand.  Deffo no googling by him.  Jack was sure he'd be failed for fun and rack up most points.  He was pleasantly surprised to be so close to the win in the end, but Wendy crushed the lot of them.

Well done Chicka!!!  She named her prize Kerry...as ya do when yer in Kerry.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: May 25, 2011, 12:05:05 PM »

After the quiz, Wendy threw down for a nap and the rest of us watched the rugby.  Sarah went off to a shop and returned with this cheesy pound shop Texas Hold Em kit.  A few chips and a deck of cards and it was shuffle up and deal time.  By now, Ger had lost his second flip of the day to Sarah and he was out for blood.  What was the second flip?  Literally a flip of a coin.  How good does she run?

She didn't run as good at the poker this time, but was delighted it wasn't Ger who took her out.  Ger won the wee sit n go and had bragging rights for a bit.  Then it was time to walk Sarah back to the train and send her home.  She'd a lovely time with everyone and it was really nice to see. 

After dropping Sarah, Wendy and I decided we'd go on a recon mission to find a place for dinner before the main poker at the Cue Club.  We found one.  We read the menu, read the terms of service (pay what ya think the meal is worth), got a giggle and phoned the Lads to meet us.  It was a proper hippy artsy style place.  Bring your own wine too.  We would have if we'd known in advance, but not enough time now.  The food was 'interesting'.  It was kinda a mix of health kick meets I dunno what, but the Lads got through it and never once complained about lack of drink.

Well, I'm pretty sure one of us may have been silently suffering without his pint...as he waited for his potato pizza.  Yep.  You read right.  Ger had a potato pizza.  Only in Ireland folks.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: May 25, 2011, 12:19:18 PM »

Then it was off to poker at the Cue Club.  It's owned by Connie O'Sullivan and run mostly by he and his family.  Started off as a snooker club and still has a room devoted to that.  But when the poker boom hit the local pubs and clubs, he changed things around and joined the rush. 

The club can seat up to 90 (maybe more?) for a bigger event, but usually they have no more than 5 or 6 tables on a typical night of it.  On this particular Saturday night...they'd 12 locals and the 6 of us.  Everyone else was up in Cork at the PokerStars UKIPT.  Sigh.  Paulie is in charge of planning in future.  That's all there is to it. 

On the plus side, they serve drink.  Being a snooker club, they get past the rules on it.  Once the first round was ordered, Ger announced a bounty on my head.  Obviously I returned the favour and put one on him too.  Then it was time to play. 

I've seen some shocking hands played out in my time, but it took all my will not to burst out laughing on several occasions that night.  One local asked could he buy back in after I'd knocked him out.  He was sooooo bad, we were only delighted to let him have another go.  And he obliged by donking the second lot off in no time too. 

But he wasn't first out.  Oh no.  First out award goes to Boldie who was knocked out by yours truly.  Mrs B rarely plays poker.  She lasted way longer than he did.  UL Sir, GG, WP.

Here he is reading a magazine in the loser's corner...

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: May 25, 2011, 12:53:38 PM »

The locals had no worries when it came to soft play.  Obviously the six of us were gunning for each other a goodly bit.  But we also knew (most of us) when we were beat.  

Wendy, random local and Connie at the back...Jack and Ger up close.

And then there were 4.  On the bubble with Paulie, Jack, random local and dealer.  I was the 4th person, hiding behind the camera...but I didn't come 4th in the tourney.  Bubble burst and Paulie, Jack and I got the lot.  I was busted by Paulie in 3rd for €80, Paulie took 2nd for €150 (plus Ger's €20 bounty on me) and Jack won it for €250.  UL random local and UL to the other 3 in our group.  

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:03:05 PM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: May 25, 2011, 01:25:13 PM »

Sunday was a pretty laid back affair.  I'd plans to hit Torc Waterfall with them, but when the morning started out with more rain, the idea just kinda went from the brain.  Mother Nature had won.  No point fighting it.  Off to the pub. 

First stop was the 98 Bar.  That's about the time the rain stopped as well.  But it was too late.  We were in full flow chatting and having a laugh on the wee roof terrace where we spent a goodly bit of time.  From there it was off to Scott's Garden where we had lunch and got chatting to a couple and their lively young son. 

The Boldie duo went shopping and walking for themselves.  They took a wrong turn or two which meant more of a scenic route than I think they'd planned.  But they luckboxed the route and found themselves walking alongside a river or summat. 

We met up with them a bit later back at the hotel to decide on a last supper spot.  Chinese was the request.  I knew of a really good Thai place, but couldn't think of any decent Chinese spots.  Turns out there was one right across from the hotel, but not one of us spotted it!  So off we went to the Thai and had a really nice dinner, followed by a few more drinks in a pub on the way back to the hotel before calling it a night.

This was the sign in the Ladies room at the 98 Bar.  Dunno what they think we get up to in there, but anyway....

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: May 25, 2011, 01:33:18 PM »

Monday.  Sigh.  Wasn't looking forward to Monday AT ALL. 

/ Monday report.

All in all, a lovely week-end with some very special people and I was delighted they made the trip.  Pity about the weather but I've said it before and I'll say it again...great country if only we could roof it.  At least we managed to motor on through it and had a nice week-end. 

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: May 25, 2011, 01:36:57 PM »

Super report, glad it all went well.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: May 25, 2011, 01:39:40 PM »

Sarah's ortho appointment went without a hitch yesterday.  Mary was a life saver taking us there and back from her place.  I can honestly say I would never have found the place in the 10 minutes it took her.  We'd probably still be driving around trying to find it!  She also made a lovely dinner for us at her place after, while I carried Sarah shopping for a dress.  

Always does me head in making these consult visits.  Takes 90 minutes to get there for a 5 minute appointment to confirm what we were already told before we ever got there.  WTF?!  Why do they insist on those trips?

Ah well.  Gave Sarah and I a chance to talk.  And talk we did.  Wasn't easy, that's for sure.  Tears flowed, but laughter followed so I'm glad we did it.  We're going to be ok.  Most important...she's going to be ok.  Did give her a gentle warning though.  She's a good kid.  Genuinely.  So she'd better not use latest developments as an excuse to run wreck around the place or I'll hunt her down meself.  lol  

Said with a wee rogue look on her face, "Not even a little bit?"  

"NO!"  

Loves ya Sarah!  xx
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:29:53 PM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: May 25, 2011, 01:50:30 PM »

There's another bit of big news to report, but I've a few things to get done around here before I tackle that post.  Will get back to ya later. 

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1660 on: May 25, 2011, 03:20:16 PM »

For the record:   No. I don't want to cuddle him.

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: May 25, 2011, 03:32:50 PM »

For the record:   No. I don't want to cuddle him.

Yer just saying that.  I know ya want to really.  Granted, it'd be pretty crowded with me already there.

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1662 on: May 25, 2011, 08:24:39 PM »

Awwwwwww, don't ya just want to cuddle him?

Ps  That's Jack in case ya weren't sure.

Could you please post the original pic befor you photoshopped the hair out.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: May 25, 2011, 08:29:05 PM »

Not yer fault the rain had squashed it all down.  xx

TRIP5
If you can't say someting nice, at least try to be funny...

View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: May 26, 2011, 03:44:08 AM »

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Glad you all had a lovely time!!!!!

xx

TKP FOR APAT!!!
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: