blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:19:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272633 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177967 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1800 on: June 27, 2011, 11:06:20 AM »

Jesus...Would have thought Jack would have called Kim and Aggie in by now.

How the hell have you been living for all these years, Jack? No ironing board, not a decent kettle, no hoover. FFS man!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: June 27, 2011, 11:16:41 AM »

Almost forgot.  Monday evening Whelly called over to see how I'd got on with the front.  The three of us surveyed the work and discussed what should happen Tuesday. 

That's when they came up with the bright idea of burning the back lawn.  Picture the scene.  Dried lawn lit.  Goes mad.  Heading for the neighbour's timber fence.  No hose.  FFS.  Cue Laxie tearing back and forth with pails of water from kitchen whilst the Lads look on admiring the burning lawn.  At least I saved the neighbour's timber fence.  And even managed a photo before realising I'd a fence to worry about.

Click to see full-size image.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: June 27, 2011, 11:28:21 AM »

Jesus...Would have thought Jack would have called Kim and Aggie in by now.

How the hell have you been living for all these years, Jack? No ironing board, not a decent kettle, no hoover. FFS man!

Reminds me of another wee tale from the Sunday actually.  lol  So we're heading back from the failed oven mission and need to stop for coffee.  Bought coffee maker the day before but obv forgot to buy the coffee.  Into the local co-op shop we go.  I've absolutely no idea how it started.  Do know it was my own doing, but not sure how it happened. 

We've the coffee found and we're wandering the aisles having a look around.  Next thing we happen on to the 'household' aisle.  I spot the mops and brooms. 

"How are we fixed for a mop Jack?"

"Ummmm."

"Probably need one then, yeah?"

"I've always used a scrub brush, but yeah...if you'd prefer a mop, then we'll need one."

"And what about a floor brush?"

"Ummmmm...."

"Yeah, ok.  Say no more.  We'll get one of them too."

By the time we were heading to the check out with the coffee and brown sugar - we'd a mop, pail, broom, dust pan and brush as well.

As the clerk is clocking out our stuff, Jack looks at her with a cheeky grin and in a quiet voice as he's pointing my direction says, "It's her birthday."  Couldn't help it.  I broke out in a fit of laughing.  Good job I love this man...just sayin'

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: June 27, 2011, 11:35:38 AM »

So Tuesday and Wednesday we tore into the back lawn.  I'd do what I could during the day and Jack would get tucked in straight after coming home from work.  A guy loaned us his trailer and is planning to carry away anything we dig up.  When he landed with it, I asked what was allowed to go into the trailer.  "Anything at all.  It's about time this yard was done."  Hope he remembers saying that when he comes to collect it in the next day or two.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1804 on: June 27, 2011, 11:38:52 AM »

Did he even have any cleaning stuff in the house? Flashwipes, Mr Muscle etc? did he at least try to give the impression he has done some cleaning in the past by buying some of that stuff before you moved in?

and @ the happy look on Jacks face in that picture...he looks delighted to be doing some gardening.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: June 27, 2011, 11:39:20 AM »

I dunno.  Could be wrong, but pretty sure the tyres shouldn't bend that way.  Think I may have to take some stuff out of the trailer and split it into two smaller loads.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1806 on: June 27, 2011, 11:40:56 AM »

lol, ya think?

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: June 27, 2011, 11:46:41 AM »

Did he even have any cleaning stuff in the house? Flashwipes, Mr Muscle etc? did he at least try to give the impression he has done some cleaning in the past by buying some of that stuff before you moved in?

and @ the happy look on Jacks face in that picture...he looks delighted to be doing some gardening.

He's loads of cleaning things around the place to be fair.  Even did a bit of cleaning in the house before I got here.  Also has 2 or 3 broken hoovers stored in a spare bedroom.  Ya never know what parts ya might need 'em for.  Hope he gets the spare parts soon, because the hoovers are heading out the door.

After what I put him through, pretty sure he now loves gardening as much as I love shopping.  Least the grunt work is nearly done.  Then we get to make one of the few shopping trips I abso love...garden centres!!!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: June 27, 2011, 11:48:27 AM »

lol, ya think?

'Spose it depends on how adventurous the owner of the trailer is.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: June 27, 2011, 12:16:04 PM »

Then we get to make one of the few shopping trips I abso love...garden centres!!!
Jack appears to have about the same level of gardening skills as I do - however my green-fingered wife regularly drags me to one or all of these local centres:

www.woodlandsnurseries.co.uk - just huge
www.palmersgardencentre.co.uk - close to Fosse Park
www.gatesnurseries.co.uk - out in the sticks but has won UK garden centre of the year

HTH.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: June 27, 2011, 12:18:27 PM »

By Thursday, the pair of us were walking and moaning around the place...like two old farts.  Wrecked from the 'gardening', we decided to take the day off.  Granted, the full trailer made it a no brainer of a decision really.  Still waiting on the trailer to be emptied, so garden has been on hold since.  Our new brown bin landed this morning.  Think I've got until Thursday to fill it up before the council collects.  Won't take more than 20 minutes to fill it.  Loads of time for that.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: June 27, 2011, 12:19:56 PM »

On to Friday.  I spent the day playing hide n seek in the kitchen.  I'd all the upper cabinets emptied, tidied and re-loaded.  But I changed around where some things were stored.  I'd hidden half of Jack's kitchen and it was his mission to seek things out in their new locations.  Didn't take him long to figure out though.  Must try harder when I tackle the lower cabinets.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: June 27, 2011, 12:24:31 PM »

Then we get to make one of the few shopping trips I abso love...garden centres!!!
Jack appears to have about the same level of gardening skills as I do - however my green-fingered wife regularly drags me to one or all of these local centres:

www.woodlandsnurseries.co.uk - just huge
www.palmersgardencentre.co.uk - close to Fosse Park
www.gatesnurseries.co.uk - out in the sticks but has won UK garden centre of the year

HTH.

Excellent!!!  They've the added bonus of tea shops selling cakes and stuff to keep Jack happy.  Win win all around.  Cheers.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1813 on: June 27, 2011, 12:37:12 PM »

Why do all women love garden centres?

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: June 27, 2011, 12:39:09 PM »

Why do all women love moving things around in the kitchen every 6 months ?
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: