blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:32:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £300 Deepstack APRIL - INTERACTIVE
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 Deepstack APRIL - INTERACTIVE  (Read 99673 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: April 06, 2010, 06:21:29 PM »

some of us were discussing the deal at Luton last night. If I was one of the shorter stacks and knew that the other two were happy to take £10k, I'd be looking to play on and exploiting that, the perhaps discussing things again once three handed (or picking up my 6k from the cash desk and leaving them to it)

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: April 06, 2010, 06:23:15 PM »

I think the point is Kin that the chipleader got way too much in the deal.

The shorties deals arent horrendous imo but the chip leader has bagged about 4k? that again imo is due to the deal not his chips or chances to win.

Give an alternative deal then.

Can you give me chips and prizes? I dont want to have to look for them.
I will then present what I believe an impartial fair deal would have been.
If you would like to do it properly though you will have to rate their skills also, or we can leave this out and say they were all equally good.

Yeah - I sure didn't post them a page or two back.  I sure didn't explain the situation exactly, saying that the three shorties all have 10xBBs, or a multitude of other factors.

How can you say it's wrong if you haven't read all the information?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 06, 2010, 06:38:16 PM »

I think the point is Kin that the chipleader got way too much in the deal.

The shorties deals arent horrendous imo but the chip leader has bagged about 4k? that again imo is due to the deal not his chips or chances to win.

Give an alternative deal then.

Can you give me chips and prizes? I dont want to have to look for them.
I will then present what I believe an impartial fair deal would have been.
If you would like to do it properly though you will have to rate their skills also, or we can leave this out and say they were all equally good.

Yeah - I sure didn't post them a page or two back.  I sure didn't explain the situation exactly, saying that the three shorties all have 10xBBs, or a multitude of other factors.

How can you say it's wrong if you haven't read all the information?

Because the winner took 22k instead of 24k and didnt have 92.5% of the chips in play heads up?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 06, 2010, 06:42:17 PM »

The thing is, there were a lot of factors....

sola virtus nobilitat
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 06, 2010, 06:46:02 PM »

Okay very quickly because I need to go out but based on

Prizes
1 £24684
2 £14431
3 £  8658
4 £  6076

Chips in BB's roughly
1 60BB
2 10BB
3 10BB
4 10BB

I think the deal is even more tez because its far from locked up, were in bingo mode, big stack either sits out and tries to play heads up against someone with 30BB or he opens up to bully them and could easily only have 40BB in 2 hands.

Rough deal imo
1 19000
2 11500
3 11500
4 11500

Not 100% convinced with the above but think its more on the right track. Change to a certain valet not the dealers;)

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 06, 2010, 06:48:07 PM »

I love factors, and the main one is if everyone is happy who cares.

I havent involved many factors below Sad

Just wanted to illustrate to Kin that the chip leader did get a little more than I would have given him Wink

To be fair though, my deal making skills normally just end up with me being told to be quiet or have a 1 round penalty Wink

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 06, 2010, 06:55:36 PM »

Just wanted to illustrate to Kin that the chip leader did get a little more than I would have given him Wink

To be fair though, my deal making skills normally just end up with me being told to be quiet or have a 1 round penalt

lol, with hindsight, I think chippie getting 20K ish would've been about right and if I could have given a flying fk I might have argued for it - believe it or not I was actually quite pleased to see Pete take the 22K since he terminated a lot of the final table competitors. Knocked out the other guy with 500K at the table in 8th and made it sooooooo much easier to ladder. Good luck to him is my sentiment. This was a factor

The £5k ish from £6k to what I got basically gives me a freeroll to Vegas in June - risk free. However, this is only another factor, there are more...

sola virtus nobilitat
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 06, 2010, 06:58:30 PM »

An ICM based chop looks like this

1st £20678.55
2nd-4th £10955.58

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 06, 2010, 07:05:11 PM »

So my friends, Romans, poker players, are berating me for taking £-155. GTFO. It's less than the law of the kebab shop

sola virtus nobilitat
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 06, 2010, 07:12:09 PM »

To be fair though, my deal making skills normally just end up with me being told to be quiet or have a 1 round penalt

lol, with hindsight, I think chippie getting 20K ish would've been about right and if I could have given a flying fk I might have argued for it - believe it or not I was actually quite pleased to see Pete take the 22K since he terminated a lot of the final table competitors. Knocked out the other guy with 500K at the table in 8th and made it sooooooo much easier to ladder. Good luck to him is my sentiment. This was a factor

The £5k ish from £6k to what I got basically gives me a freeroll to Vegas in June - risk free. However, this is only another factor, there are more...

So many factors...

The only factor in my poking my nose in as that I want to be right and Kin wrong, just once.

Personally Im with you normally Glenn, Ill happily take whatever as long as its in the right ball park and I can have a pint and go to sleep.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 06, 2010, 07:13:44 PM »

Don't think anyone is berating anyone over the deal. Just that the chip leader got the best of it.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #551 on: April 06, 2010, 07:29:32 PM »

Don't think anyone is berating anyone over the deal. Just that the chip leader got the best of it.

At the time I was chatting to Kev about it, and without doing detailed maths, we thought something in the realms of £20K or £21K sounded about right and then the others chop evenly (give or take). 

There were several posts saying the three sort-stacks were basically stupid for taking the deal.  I just don't see it.  Yes, maybe they could have secured another £500 each or something, but that's hardly stupidity.

It seems that most people's problems with it is that the chip leader is getting too much.  I think the other three were focusing on securing their £10K+ when they could very easily be next out with only £6K.  When the deal was first mentioned and then discussed, it was Manoj, one of the short stacks, who was opposed to it.  He thought he was good enough to play for second place against the others.  So they came back, and basically all that happened was the chip leader got even more chips, I think Glenn got some more as well, but basically the three short-stacks were worried about going out next and didn't want to make a mistake.

Yes, I agree the chip leader didn't have it locked up, and one of the shorties could have clawed back the lead and then gone on to win.  But each shortie is thinking for themselves, and it's not all three together against the chip leader.  Each is thinking of what they can get out of it, not what one other player might get that's a few thousand more than it might have been.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:36:04 PM by kinboshi » Logged

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 06, 2010, 07:29:51 PM »

Yep, can't argue this

sola virtus nobilitat
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #553 on: April 06, 2010, 07:32:54 PM »

24k for winners and he gets 22k on deal are the others real  4th price 6 k and they all get 10k they need to check their brains i d say winner having a laugh i bet
i

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 06, 2010, 08:33:43 PM »

sigh drove back down for day 2 and ruined it by playing 3 consecutive hands like a complete numpty, think i was still on tilt from the ferrari that kept cutting me up on the M1 on the way down.

You live and learn.

Wp all those that cashed - was pretty shocked to see Berridge go out just after me in placings, WTF he had loads of chips

Hotel FTW!!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: