blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 03:05:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273149 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Mum's not going to Iceland (or anywhere else)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mum's not going to Iceland (or anywhere else)  (Read 17216 times)
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2010, 07:32:21 PM »

gf's mum is meant to be flying manchester>heathrow>JFK on sunday, that likely to be affected?

Manchester to Heathrow might be the tricky bit, all transatlantic flights seem to be going pretty much to a normal schedule today.

They've told her she has to check online the status of her flights.  She's never been on a computer in her life, so its either very unfair or b*llshit.

Her trying to tell my gf over the phone last night all the instructions shes been given sure went well.

How else can an airline get that info to people though?

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2010, 07:34:06 PM »

No dictated by BA at all!!!
Finally got through to expedia today. Next available flight was 8th May on premium economy, which were going for £1800 a time. Next economy was 23rd May, so thats when I go. On the brighter side hotel is cheaper then so I got a £27 refund!
GL me with getting the AL

Where were u flying from and who with? Thats up there with the longest I have seen (I've I've seen a lot in the last three days!)

Still lots more disruption to come - even if a large part of schedules run tomorrow the returns are likely to be cancelled that day. Plus any additional maintence checks that have been agreed to get up and running. Expect cancellations and delays for a few days yet - even then it'll be the end of next week before near normality.

Two planes just gone overhead in the last couple of minutes (LHR approach) which is very warming to hear!

I love the way it was announced about 5 minutes after I booked NYC to Barcalona tickets for my girlfriend to get back!

Flying from Gatwick with Virgin. I expect there are earlier flights but thats what expedia have given me

They may have frozen the availability on the flights through to this weekend that may now be up for grabs. Not sure how many flights a week Virgin have but 8th May is taking the piss imo.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2010, 08:18:45 PM »

No dictated by BA at all!!!
Finally got through to expedia today. Next available flight was 8th May on premium economy, which were going for £1800 a time. Next economy was 23rd May, so thats when I go. On the brighter side hotel is cheaper then so I got a £27 refund!
GL me with getting the AL

Where were u flying from and who with? Thats up there with the longest I have seen (I've I've seen a lot in the last three days!)

Still lots more disruption to come - even if a large part of schedules run tomorrow the returns are likely to be cancelled that day. Plus any additional maintence checks that have been agreed to get up and running. Expect cancellations and delays for a few days yet - even then it'll be the end of next week before near normality.

Two planes just gone overhead in the last couple of minutes (LHR approach) which is very warming to hear!

I love the way it was announced about 5 minutes after I booked NYC to Barcalona tickets for my girlfriend to get back!

Flying from Gatwick with Virgin. I expect there are earlier flights but thats what expedia have given me

They may have frozen the availability on the flights through to this weekend that may now be up for grabs. Not sure how many flights a week Virgin have but 8th May is taking the piss imo.

On Virgin Atlantic's site they will not except any new bookings until 1st May. I had to fight a bit on the phone on Monday to get my flight to LA on Sunday instead of them trying to fly me to New York again on May 1st, I did get the booking changed free of charge which is a result.

Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2010, 08:48:16 AM »

Got into Edinburgh from Malta last night via Frankfurt and Heathrow. Malta flight was full but the oher 2 were only about 1/3 full which I found surprising.

The whole episode has been a farce with regulators making decisons based on the fact that they know feck all so lets pull everything to be safe.
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2010, 09:11:48 PM »

Got into Edinburgh from Malta last night via Frankfurt and Heathrow. Malta flight was full but the oher 2 were only about 1/3 full which I found surprising.

The whole episode has been a farce with regulators making decisons based on the fact that they know feck all so lets pull everything to be safe.

got into edinburgh this afternoon at 3pm after a pretty epic journey including a trip to dallas. even weirder that i ended up sitting next to a guy who grew up round the corner from me, on the dallas-london leg....

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2010, 01:17:20 AM »

Glad to say my daughter has made it back to UK

She says "got a bus into Zurich HB, then a train to Geneva, then a train to Lyon, then a train to Paris, then used the metro to get across Paris, then got a train to Caen, then was on a ferry for 7 hours, then got a train from Portsmouth to London, then the bus home from Waterloo. Then found my front key wasn't working and was let in by a neighbour. Sleeeeep in a minute, so tired.

Shes been hot air Ballooning in Switzland,  I'm really glad shes back

don't let all this stuff scare ya.  its all a bit of fun
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2010, 01:55:46 AM »

Blimey!  She wasn't going to be told 'you can't get home yet'  lol  Well done to her and lovely pic too!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2010, 03:56:25 AM »

She says "got a bus into Zurich HB, then a train to Geneva, then a train to Lyon, then a train to Paris, then used the metro to get across Paris, then got a train to Caen, then was on a ferry for 7 hours, then got a train from Portsmouth to London, then the bus home from Waterloo. Then found my front key wasn't working and was let in by a neighbour. Sleeeeep in a minute, so tired.

Probably should have ballooned back. She didn't really think that one through did she?  Grin
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2010, 05:53:09 AM »

Obviously you've never been ballooning through volcanic ash.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2010, 08:22:28 AM »

All that and now she'll have to listen to Crow's tales?...poor  girl Wink

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: