blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:44:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273126 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  DTD £300 on the bubble
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 on the bubble  (Read 5974 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2010, 12:47:43 AM »

this hand seems to have caused a bit of a hoo-hah on the updates thread so thought I'd stick it up here.

We're on the FT bubble at DTD, so we're 5 handed.  I have 500k, villain has 450k - average is 280k, and we're the biggest stacks at the table.  I've had a good run of cards and have raised the button almost every orbit, taking the blinds and antes.  Last orbit BB has dwelt up a bit before folding face up.

Next time round it's folded to me on the button again with .  With blinds at 5k/10k/500  I've made it 27k.  BB has re-popped this time to 80K.  I think his range is fairly wide here given the history, and put him to the decision for all of his chips.  Terribly spewy, or OK?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
marcin123

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 12:48:34 AM »

standard... not a moment's thought... shipppppp...
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 01:01:04 AM »

put a poll up

fold
call
ship

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 01:02:57 AM »

this was button vs big blind too? This is just cold. Obv a shove

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 01:08:17 AM »

When the AK comes along
You must ship it!

Before the case king comes along
You must ship it!

To stop the pokerz going wrong
You must ship it!

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 01:09:28 AM »

guessing we're asking whether to min4 or shove?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 01:16:23 AM »

Fold pre, he has KK.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 01:18:47 AM »

I thought the 4 bet shove was standard, but a couple of players at the club and on the updates reckoned I should have just flatted the 3 bet, so just checking the general concensus.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
marcin123

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 01:21:14 AM »

I thought the 4 bet shove was standard, but a couple of players at the club and on the updates reckoned I should have just flatted the 3 bet, so just checking the general concensus.
flat ak 5 handed... wp haha...
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 02:13:27 AM »

Terribly spewy, or OK?

Huh?Huh?

AK is the nuts in this situation, and the re-shove is the best play...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 02:18:46 AM by MC » Logged

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 02:22:52 AM »

vs a player who folds AT face up to a button raise its pretty close to turning AK into a bluff here, even 5 handed, a villian like this is never calling AQ here witht he dynamic that your both clear chip leaders. Im not saying i wouldnt shove, because we can definately get pairs to fold. Online its clear 4bet to induce, live is obv different kettle of fish.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 03:38:23 AM »

flat ak 5 handed... wp haha...

yer this seems bad beyond belief.
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 05:04:35 PM »

vs a player who folds AT face up to a button raise its pretty close to turning AK into a bluff here, even 5 handed, a villian like this is never calling AQ here witht he dynamic that your both clear chip leaders. Im not saying i wouldnt shove, because we can definately get pairs to fold. Online its clear 4bet to induce, live is obv different kettle of fish.

v good post
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 06:55:55 PM »

This player is very aggressive and will shove light but he is a good player who won't be calling light at all.

The AT show was probably a meta game thing for him.

In Claire's situation this should be a 4 bet to induce. He may shove AQ and some pairs 99 to JJ but to call your shove he needs QQ+ or AK and you don't do brilliantly against that range.

You play much better against his shoving range so just 4 bet and then sigh when he shoves and you get coolered.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 06:57:48 PM »

This player is very aggressive and will shove light but he is a good player who won't be calling light at all.

The AT show was probably a meta game thing for him.

In Claire's situation this should be a 4 bet to induce. He may shove AQ and some pairs 99 to JJ but to call your shove he needs QQ+ or AK and you don't do brilliantly against that range.

You play much better against his shoving range so just 4 bet and then sigh when he shoves and you get coolered.

Yeh def 4 bet tho it makes no difference obv

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: